Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

depressed for no reason

Hi, I am 3.5 weeks out and I'm having a really bad time. I am depressed even though the weights coming off, I don't have much pain, so I don't know why I'm so blue. I get nauseated cause I want to over eat, my kids bring in taco bell and pizza and I have to bake stinky fish. There are no support groups nearby and I'm just in a whiny mood. I don't want people telling me "your looking so good" or "your gonna be so pretty"...I just want to crawl in a hole so I don't punch someone lol!. Sorry to vent, you guys are all I have right now.

I know the feeling I get angry and depressed too especially when I see a fast food commercial! I think it's normal, and as they say (don't punch me) this too shall pass.

What you guys are feeling is quite normal. Don't stress about it. This is a life-changing event. You have to remember the eating habits you're used to. Your diet was full of unhealthy foods, many which we considered "comfort foods" like the take out foods you were talking about.

Weight loss, in general, is VERY psychological. You have to change the way you think about food now. You need to think about healthier options that taste good & can give you the right amount of fuel for the day. For example, eating these chips are going to fill me instantly & give me no nutritional value. I'll be hungry again in no time, and won't be satisfied overall. Why not look into a healthier option instead? It'll fill me, and give me the energy I need.

Don't look at it as "aw shi*, I have to eat fish while my family eats X." Re-think that statement by thinking, 'how can I bake fish that my family can enjoy & eat with me?" How about an almond crusted flounder or pesto flavored cod? You know you can have more than just fish, right?

If I may suggest, pre-plan your food at least a week in advance. This will help you get through each day. If you don't already, get yourself a crock pot. You can make meals for yourself & your family that will not leave you hungry or craving 'bad' stuff. Also, if you don't already, log onto myfitnesspal.com & track your food every day. This will hold you accountable, show you what Protein, calories and carbs you're having each day. You might also get ideas from other users as to what they're eating every day too.

No, it isn't easy my friends. But, you had the WLS for a reason. You wanted to improve your health, your lifestyle & the way you feeling about yourselves. You can do this. Focus & change the way you think about food. Change & good vibes WILL come in time, I promise.

In the meantime, vent all you want. Those of us that have been doing this for a while are happy to hold out our hands & help you out when & if we can. We've been there. We understand.

Hang in there!!!

I am right there with you! I am almost 3 weeks post op and I feel weepy at random times. Our hormones are going crazy right now with the rapid weight loss. When I am feeling down I like to look at clothes online and think about my spring wardrobe and all the cute clothes I will fit into! Hang in there!

Hi all- I am pre-op so I can't speak based on experience, but what I learned is hat the stomach holds a lot of the seratonin in our body- and since most of it has been excised, the chemical balance is going to get out of whack too. Your body is saying "what did you do to me?" - and u remind your body "I'm

Saving your life".

Pray you get some relief from the depression.