Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how is everyone feeling?

I was just gonna post about average calories. I hit almost 700 today. I feel like that is too much???? I'm 11 days post op. Most days are 400-600. I do feel better today and had a surprisingly decent day at work. Not running a marathon but did ok!

Yea my most ive gotten was like 850. But i have about an average of about 600. Ive been ok at work but I am afraid of my 8 hr saturday. I am going to have to figure out a lunch or where to get some decent Soup LOL

NO MORE GREEK YOGURT!!!!! I swear if i have to look at another container of it ill be sick! BLAH. I cannot keep up with calories! I feel like I am eating all the time and if I am not eating im drinking.... but my dr said if i dont maintain at least 800 calories my body will go into starvation mode and I wont lose any weight. And I have notice this!!! Its so frustrating!!!

Please Ladies and Gents give me some good healthy high calorie Ideas..... I am getting very tired of cheese and Soup.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/9-healthy-high-calorie-foods.htm

This site has some good ideas for high calorie foods such as Peanut Butter, avocados, and almonds.

Edited by slimmac

NO MORE GREEK YOGURT!!!!! I swear if i have to look at another container of it ill be sick! BLAH. I cannot keep up with calories! I feel like I am eating all the time and if I am not eating im drinking.... but my dr said if i dont maintain at least 800 calories my body will go into starvation mode and I wont lose any weight. And I have notice this!!! Its so frustrating!!!

Please Ladies and Gents give me some good healthy high calorie Ideas..... I am getting very tired of cheese and Soup.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/9-healthy-high-calorie-foods.htm

This site has some good ideas for high calorie foods such as Peanut Butter, avocados, and almonds.

It says the site doesnt work :-(

can anyone share with me the Vitamins prescribed for them and the dietary plan?

I am back to Egypt and the doctor i want to follow up with here has a system totally different than the one my surgeon in Germany gave me. I need to compare. Thanks

Oh i also went to my favorite Chinese restaurant and ordered my favorite dishes without chilli and extra sauce. I pureed them in the mixer and divided in little containers and kept in the freezer. I get one per day for lunch. Its a nice change from Soup !

Just had ricotta bake and it was heavenly! 176 calories and 10g Protein and felt like I had eaten a full lasagna! Only problem right now is Constipation. I let my guard down with Miralax and it snuck up on me. Making it hard to get in all my fluids. But otherwise, I'm feeling great on my 2 week anniversary!

Just had ricotta bake and it was heavenly! 176 calories and 10g Protein and felt like I had eaten a full lasagna! Only problem right now is Constipation. I let my guard down with Miralax and it snuck up on me. Making it hard to get in all my fluids. But otherwise, I'm feeling great on my 2 week anniversary!

UMMMMMM recipe share PLEASE!!! LOL

Spray olive oil cooking spray in a ramekin or small baking dish. Mix 1/4 cup ricotta with heaping T of shredded cheese (I used Italian). Layer in bottom of dish. 1-2 T of Marinara (I used Newman Own). Sprinkle of Parm on top. Cook about 20 min on 350. Yum.

Tonight I tool 2oz canned chicken, added about a T or 2 of Water and purred in my Magic Bullet. Added a teaspoon of olive Oil mayo, little salt and pepper. 1/4 cup cheese on top. Cooked about 15 min on 350. About 205 calories 20g Protein. 3 carbs. Yum but I'm pretty full.

I am loving using my ramikiens. Perfect size. Now if I just santo still full in 2 hours so I could drink my Water, I'd be all set. Gonna try egg in morning I think.

My surgery was Tues, March 25th. I have definitely felt better, I now have two belly buttons and the bruises are coming out. Then there are the random pains. What always runs in my mind? Where did that come from? I wasn't aware of how much pain there would be. I guess in all my research, I blocked that.
As for food, I am missing it. Though I am making due with the clear liquid at this time. I remind myself.... I wanted this and this is part of it. As for the Protein, I found some good ones without splenda or aspartame. I determined that since I was set on this course, I would go organic if possible. So I found 2 really good Protein powders, both have stevia. whey factors not bad tasting, has 15 grams protein. Jay Robb's with 25 grams of protein. Jay Robbs wins hands down. I mixed it with a 50/50 of organic apple juice and Water. vanilla apple was fantastic. The chocolate is good too. I did experiment with chicken broth and plain powder. That is a "don't bother". I threw it out.

That's my 2 cents.

I'm not a chef, but I have been hired many times to cook for people plus I do lots of once a month cooking and canning. I experiment in the kitchen all the time.

I saw a recipe today for lasagna cupcakes. You cook it in a muffin tin. Serving size already.

http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/lasagna-cupcakes/973c5603-c1e4-4790-9e6a-aef378332ef2

If you don't want to use the wonton sheets, may I suggest eggplant, spinach or nori. All would make a great replacement.

Here is a crock pot recipe, 6 skinless chicken breasts, 8 cloves of garlic, 1 can condensed orange juice. Throw it in the crockpot and leave it on low 6-8 hours. The garlic is optional. Makes it tasty and low sugar.

Then there is beef stew. You can put in the blender. Then the broth you can drink as part of your Water. :o) I always keep meatballs in the freezer. easy to make with sauce or Swedish meatballs. They can be made without bread or starch.
Then there is the old stand by of shepard's pie. It's got meat, veggies, some potatoes (which you control) and you can add cheese on top. Just some different ideas for you.

I have been trying to try more and more foods but I feel like most of them are getting stuck..... I feel like i have pain all the time because im always "seeing" if i can eat this or that. So far I tried to eat some tuna salad and it was good the first few bites and then it hurt. I think this whole relearning how to pace and eat is harder than it sounded. I need like a shock collar..... BIZZ your eating too fast.... BIZZ you didnt chew that well enough..... BIZZ too big of a gulp of drink.... LOL im sorry i just needed to vent.... old habits die hard....

I agree!

As for my last post, I thought I hit the correct quote for crazyjaney and got that. Crazyjaney wanted some ideas.

I had my surgery on the 13th and it has been an up hill struggle. I am thankful don't get me wrong but I have only been able to get maybe 300 calories a day. The first week I lost 12 pounds and second week haven't lost anything. I know I need to get more calories but I'm never hungry and food has never seemed so disgusting and everything sugar free tastes like bleach!!

hey all,

i was sleeved on 3/10. feeling pretty good. i feel like i am losing very slowly. i noticed that i may not be getting enough calories when i read all of these posts. gotta laugh…..used to worrying about getting too many calories now can't get enough. can i get balanced here? i know i'm not getting in enough Water. i am really having to work on eating slowly and chew, chew, chewing my food.. i am not really sure how many calories per day i should be reaching for. i just feel like i'm not losing as fast as i normally do on a diet. however, i am proud to be among you all.

Question...

How is every ones incisions feeling? I was fine for awhile but now the "major" one is starting to hurt again. Like bending over and turning when I sleep. Its almost getting as bad as when it was first done. I think Ill call the dr monday if i am still in pain. I was thinking maybe I formed a hernia but I dont feel anything when pushing down. Its kinda hard around the site but thats normal....

i need help! i had my sleeve done on 3/10/14. i can feel restriction. however, i've only lost about 17 pounds. have been stalled for a month now. what are you march sleevers eating now? i don't know if i'm not eating enough or what!!