Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 weeks out and stuck

So I am 5 weeks out. well the beginning of my 5th week and i have been at 262 for the last week. i am not eating more than i am supposed too,and i feel lost as to why this is. also did anyone ever have problems with chicken? I just cant keep it down.

I have been reading this site for a long time. I am still pre op but feel comfortable answering you. Some people have written that they can not eat some foods for months after surgery, chicken being one of them. Sometimes it is red meat or turkey ect.. but they can usually eat it again after a while. Take your time and eat the things you can for now.

As far as the weight loss stopping- every body is different and everyone stops losing at some point while their body catches up. It is a shock to lose weight fast. When your body stabilizes it will resume losing. Sometimes it is because you are not eating enough and have to boost good calories. If you feel like you are eating enough it is your body playing catch up. If you feel you are not eating enough then up those good calories.

I wish you the very best :)

Oh jeez, and Water. Water, water and more water. Sometimes when people increase their water intake the weight loss starts again.

Thank you for asking a question that I also wanted to know about..

I lost 13 pounds 8 days after surgery.. and now at a month out .. I have only lost 3 pounds more for a total of 16lbs. I have read so many others that had lost 20-30 pounds the first month..

I have been watching what I eat and drink and I am doing well other wise. I also had hernia repair when I had the sleeve done. I am thinking that maybe my body needs heal time beside.

I know that each person is different and will continue on my road to a healthy life style and eating being a life style too!

Good luck on your jouney.. will keep an eye on your posts!

I also had a hiatal hernia repair and am almost 3 weeks out. I'm down 16 lbs and holding. I think at this point you are transitioning off Clear Liquids to purées and yogurt and different kinds of food that possibly produce a stall. But 16 lbs is nothing to balk about. That's a huge accomplishment and it will continue. Don't compare to other people. Everybody's situation is different and I do think the hernia makes a difference.

I meant to answer you Hkit- I ate a piece of chicken and it got stuck and I thought I was going to die. I ended up in the ER so I am scared to death of chicken and not sure when I will even try it again. I'm switching to Tofu.

I meant to answer you Hkit- I ate a piece of chicken and it got stuck and I thought I was going to die. I ended up in the ER so I am scared to death of chicken and not sure when I will even try it again. I'm switching to Tofu.

Can I ask what they did for you at the ER? I have a fear of being in this situation. Hope you are ok!

I have posted this before. Get a tape measure. Most of the time if your not losing pounds you are still losing inches. Also as someone else stated, be sure your getting enough fluids, this is important because if flushes your system.

Also, chicken is a very dense Protein. Be sure you are taking very very small bites, nothing bigger than the size of your pinky nail. And also, CHEW CHEW CHEW. This should be a rule of thumb on anything you eat. By the time it gets swallowed it should be mush.

I am about just a little over 4 weeks out of surgery and i too feel the same as you about losing the weight; However I will agree with what Bob2013 said, get your tape measure out, I think you will be suprised with your results, i know i was. I took measurements about 3 days after i had my surgery and just took them again the other day for the first time and i was pleasantly suprised dispite what the scale said.