Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Min not sure what's wrong with me today, I'm two weeks out doing the no carb preop diet and now starting to wonder if I'm making the right choice to get sleeved. Anyone else have these feelings ? I guess I'm just scared my whole family dynamic will change. We love going out to eat, cooking together and doing wine tastings. Any advice would be great!

Yes it's worth it! I was having doubts to and my psychologist says its just the brains way of trying to get you back to the only thing it really knows, eating and being unhappy about your weight. It's a scary thing so doubt is normal. You will find new things to do together and eventually will be able to eat/drink some of your normal things in moderation. I'm pulling for you and hope you stick with it. I'm on a liquid diet myself and completely understand the feeling of maybe this isn't worth it, but from what I hear from people who have gone through this already is it is TOTALLY worth it!

I feel the same way, I love nothing more then going out to dinner with my family, or having a family BBQ. But after reading everything on here and other sites, and talking with my doctor, I'm sure I will be able to still enjoy all those things, in due time..and I'm gonna look good doing it!!! My surgery is Tuesday..good luck to you!!

Those feelings are normal, I think almost every one who has this surgery has those thoughts at some point, I know I did. For about a week before, I thought, well since I have been so successful on this pre op diet, maybe if I try a little harder I can lose the weight "on my own." You just need to remember that people that have WLS have the greatest chance of losing the weight and KEEPING it off. I am 2 weeks post op and have lost almost 30 pounds and I am really happy with my decision! :) Good luck!

And also, I love going out to eat also. It's hard to do during the liquid and puree stages (but its possible, almost everywhere has some kind of soup.) It gets easier when you can have solid Protein, there are more options. One place my hubby and I like to go is first watch for brunch. I will get eggs (either the kids portion, or the regular and give some to my hubby) and mash them up with my fork, sometimes with a few potatoes. Yum! Tomorrow, we are planning to have mexican for unch and I am thinking about gettin a cheese quesidilla! Anyway, my point is that you can still go out to eat after surgery!

Your fortunate to be married and going through this. I had no idea how being single and going through this alone would effect me.

Mollz - you are two weeks out and eating all that?? I am almost two weeks and I am still doing only liquids. Hoping to get advanced to ground foods on Thursday. Can't wait, so sick of just liquids!

Perfectly normal - I had doubts and 2nd thoughts before surgery. Almost backed out the day before and morning of surgery.

What I know now, almost 4 months post-op - it was totally worth for me and my family. I still enjoy food, just not as much of it. We still eat out, I just nibble off my husband's plate. I still cook - my husband loves my pizza's made with a tortilla shell.

Things will be a little weird immediately after surgery when you're doing your post-op liquids and soft foods diet. Once you're cleared for all foods, you're pretty much back to normal.

What you are feeling is perfectly normal. Its a scary and life change thing, to get sleeved.

If I can offer a few word from a veteran (as of March 6th, I'm a year out so I qualify) It will be the best health decision you could ever make. life is back to normal now. A new Normal? Yes. And I love it! There is nothing I can not eat. The only taboo thing for me per my surgeon is carbonation. I can eat and drink anything and everything. Not a single thing disagrees with me. That said, yes I can eat or drink anything, most of the time I just don't. The success I have achieved encourages me to eat healthy. I do eat very healthy 80% of the time. I eat better 15% of the time and I eat GOOD meaning anything goes 5% of the time, on average. Some days and weeks are perfect some days are not so much. I have succumbed to chips and salsa. I have eaten a few bites of the most decadent Desserts (only a few bites) but mostly because there is no more room I have wine every weekend. We are big wine lovers. I go to parties and social events where food is the focus and am just fine. I enjoy a few bites of this or that but always try to stay Protein focused.

You will too. Life is not over after the sleeve, its just better. Way better. I still have 13 pound to go to my realistic goal and 23 to my ultimate goal. Although the last few months I don't think 130 is best for me. I don't think I would look or feel my best there. I think 140 is real for me.

What I can tell you is, if I do not lose another pound, ever, I will consider this surgery as the best health decision I could have ever made. Where I am now is healthy, well, energetic and full of energy. I may not be a size 2 and that is fine with me. I am currently wear a loose 10 and snug 8. I I were 20 years younger I'd probably not bother with the 10. Med tops. It's not about the size but the health and all the amazing things that go along with new found health and energy!

Your fears are real and normal. Take the step, it won't be easy. This is in no way "the easy way out". You will struggle, we all do, it's not all unicorns and rainbows. It is SO worth the journey and the end result is priceless.

That's my 2 cents.

Best of luck to you! :)

Newat52 thank you so much, that is exactly what I needed to hear!!!!! That is exactly what I plan for myself and pray it all goes this way for me too!!

Thank you newat52, I needed to read that too!

Thanks everyone for all of the encouragement it had really helped me to realize this is the right choice!

Hello,

I am almost 4 weeks post op. After the first week of healing etc. I can tell you I don't feel any different physically or mentally. I am just full after my 4 tablespoons of soft solids. I will be able to eat most foods and on special occasions, really anything as long as I get back on track. My point is you can still have it, you just won't want much of it. You will be satisfied after 4 tablespoons. The rest you take home.

It's normal to be nervous, but you will be angry and not satisfied if you don't do it. If your health is important, get it done. If you become a diabetic....you would have to limit the food and calories anyway.