Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Year Surgiversary

Thank you so much for your post!!! And congrats on your maintained success! I am 6 months post op & about 2.5 pounds shy of 100 pounds lost. Things are going great, but I do worry about long term maintaining. You've proven that it's totally possible. I'm going to try to increase my Water to 100 oz. to see if your 40/60/100 plan works for me. I do try to stay between 30-40 carbs & get at least 60 of Protein.

Wow - Congratulations to you -- reaching 100 lbs was definitely a huge milestone and I realize you may have even met that since writing this or, if not, you will soon. Isn't it just amazing... I definitely learned for myself that the lower carbs worked better for me in terms of losing faster. I would still lose but I hoped for at least 10 lbs a month on average and it seemed I didn't get that if I didn't eat lower carbs. In fact I have to say that this was the first time in my life that I truly realized how evil carbs were and how addicted to them I was though I always knew I had a sweet tooth. Oddly now I do not worry about them at all but I think that's also because I just naturally cannot eat much of them. A few bites of bread or Pasta and I'm stuffed and I don't touch rice. Rice was one thing my Lapband never tolerated so if anything I would say over the last 2 years I may have had a few bites here or there.

You are doing fantastic and I'm so happy to hear about your success!!

Wow AWESOME! I converted from the band to sleeve on 2-5-14. Your post is so inspiring to me.....I want to do well sop bad but above all I want to keep it off! Thanks for the 40/60/100 plan I I'm carb sensitive spp this should add as I'm able to take in more Water and good period. Right now I'm not getting that much in!

Congrats to you on your surgery. I know those first 4-6 weeks were the toughest. And if you can't take in 100 oz of Water yet do not despair - just work towards increasing week after week. I doubt I could drink that much that early out myself but I did work on upping it each week. For me what worked best was using a 24 oz water bottle and Walmart brand 'Crystal Light'. I bought the individual packets in various flavors and each morning I take out four packets and then fill up that bottle four times using different flavors each time. My favorite is their fruit Punch - and I like the Walmart brand better than Crystal Light so along with saving $$ that's another plus. I carry packets in my purse at all times. I know that technically 24 times 4 = 96 but I also got in other liquids through the shakes or additional cups of water during the day. I honestly think that the 100 oz mark makes a huge difference - if there was only one change you could do that is the one I would suggest trying first. I wish you all the best and continued success in your journey. You are well on your way!!!

I'm 2 years out and freaked out because I have gained 10-13 lbs in the lady fee months. Trying to get back on track but I don't seem to be able to get thing going on a positive direction. I was a very slow loser and only lost 60lbs. I would love to lose another 20lbs.

I understand how you feel about the gain. I know others like us who are at the 2 year mark and they have gained 10+ lbs. Right now on my Facebook group several of them are trying the 5 day pouch test together and others are going back to their pre or stage 1 post op diets. I think the key is to 'nip it in the bud' and I know you can do that. Being 20 lbs from goal is amazing - think about it. I think that sometimes we have to think in the third person so to speak - if I told you I was 20 lbs from goal and had lost 60 I bet you would be telling me the same thing - talk to yourself like that. I do know that those last 20 lbs are definitely a lot harder than the first 20 but just remember it's a matter of time. You can and will get there. I encourage you to shake things up for even just a week and try my 40/60/100 plan or your pre or post op plans. If you aren't already drinking 100+ oz of Water a day and you do nothing else give that a try too. I think that higher threshold really makes a big difference then the standard 8 glasses we have been taught we should drink forever. Congrats on being 2 years out - I know you will get to your goal -- you can do this!!! All the Best!

I am 4 months in and only lost 30 lbs and in last three weeks haven't lost any weight oam getting very disappointed any suggestions thanks

Please try not to be disappointed - I know that can be easier said than done but you have lost 30 lbs!!! I've seen many people definitely go through some plateaus and so I suggest you study what you are eating to look for clues. Are you eating enough for instance? If you are eating higher carbs cut back on them; if you aren't drinking 100+ oz of Water a day that is the #1 thing I would suggest you try and see if it doesn't give you a jumpstart. What helped me is that knowing that this was a matter of physics - there was no way I could eat so little and not lose weight - some weeks were better than others of course and it's hard not to be disappointed in the weeks when you lose little or nothing. This is a huge lifestyle change so keep following your program. I originally did not cut back on carbs but as months went by I realized that weeks when I did I had better losses so that encouraged me to keep them down. I knew it was only temporary and that helped put it in perspective. And I learned that the less I had them the less I craved them. Ironically now I eat them more because if I didn't I would keep losing and I don't want to do that - I'm still 6 lbs under my goal.

There's lots of good advice on these forums and many others going through what you are so you can get some real good ideas. One other thing I did was to try new recipes here and there and that helped. One of my favorite breakfasts became cream cheese pancakes and I enjoyed and still enjoy a lot of Soups. I also typically eat greek yogurt every morning for Breakfast when I'm home. My favorite is light and lively blends - the coconut flavor to be exact. shake things up so you don't get bored with a routine.

You're off to a great start having lost 30 lbs so the best is yet to come!! Congrats!!