Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a buddy!

Me am a bundle of nerves. Reading about complications and stressing about it! I have most of my clearances done and will hopefully receive my date at my next appt on 3/17.

I'd really like someone to talk to....

Thanks

Ok...What questions, worries, fears, and issues do you want to discuss??..I am open..I was sleeved on 1/14/14...I was terrified and almost backed out the day of surgery so I might be able to help ease some of your worries..

Ok...What questions, worries, fears, and issues do you want to discuss??..I am open..I was sleeved on 1/14/14...I was terrified and almost backed out the day of surgery so I might be able to help ease some of your worries..

Hi!

So basically we all have the same fears before surgery. It seems like it has taken over my excitement! So what can you eat now that you're almost 8 weeks post op? How much weight have you lost so far and how are you feeling? Did you experience any complications and where did you have your surgery?

Thanks, I appreciate your input!!!

law001 you have lots of people here to talk to, whats up are you ok? Don't get your self psyched up about other peoples experiences or stressed out on what happens to other people. Every ones experience is different than what yours is going to be. Just remember to follow the rules of your eating and listen to your body. You are going to do great. I am having my surgery on the 19th and I am super excited. Don't let the things you read or hear scare you. I suggest you write down any questions you have and talk to your doctor!!! That is your best reference. Everything that I see on here of things that may or may not happen, it's not everyone, but I talk to my doctor every time I go see him. I don't hesitate to ask him anything. If you ever need to talk people that have had or are about to have the surgery, then your in a good place here. I have met so many nice people on here. So good luck!!!

I was so excited I don't think I worried about it...I knew, in the long run, this was going to help get me to a healthier state... and I haven't had a lot of surgeries...

but we are all here for you to answer any concerns...but as stated, everyone is different... so what may have happened for others may not happen for you ....

good luck

You've GOT this!!!

law001 you have lots of people here to talk to, whats up are you ok? Don't get your self psyched up about other peoples experiences or stressed out on what happens to other people. Every ones experience is different than what yours is going to be. Just remember to follow the rules of your eating and listen to your body. You are going to do great. I am having my surgery on the 19th and I am super excited. Don't let the things you read or hear scare you. I suggest you write down any questions you have and talk to your doctor!!! That is your best reference. Everything that I see on here of things that may or may not happen, it's not everyone, but I talk to my doctor every time I go see him. I don't hesitate to ask him anything. If you ever need to talk people that have had or are about to have the surgery, then your in a good place here. I have met so many nice people on here. So good luck!!!

Hi Pupichupi!

I am ok. Just nervous about the complications that could occur have me freaked out! I have a BMI of almost 37 and moderate sleep apnea... I lost so much weight int he past but it all comes back. I was in a car accident in June that left me with 9 herniated discs in my back so exercise has been non-existent and I've gained 50lbs! That's when I knew that I had to do something fast.

I switched Drs and I'm so happy that I did. My current Dr (Dr Angstadt) New York Bariatric Group has been great. He sat with my husband & I for a 1/2 hr and explained everything to us. My previous Dr said about two words to me in three visits. Since almost all of my clearances are done, I will most likely get a date at my next appt on 3/17...then it's the wait to get approved. In the meantime, I have been reading non-stop. I'm a ball of nerves!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for listening!!!

I was so excited I don't think I worried about it...I knew, in the long run, this was going to help get me to a healthier state... and I haven't had a lot of surgeries... but we are all here for you to answer any concerns...but as stated, everyone is different... so what may have happened for others may not happen for you .... good luck You've GOT this!!!

Hi BigGirlPanties!!!

You're so right!! What a great source of support this site has been!! Thanks a lot!!

Hi Pupichupi!

I am ok. Just nervous about the complications that could occur have me freaked out! I have a BMI of almost 37 and moderate sleep apnea... I lost so much weight int he past but it all comes back. I was in a car accident in June that left me with 9 herniated discs in my back so exercise has been non-existent and I've gained 50lbs! That's when I knew that I had to do something fast.

I switched Drs and I'm so happy that I did. My current Dr (Dr Angstadt) New York Bariatric Group has been great. He sat with my husband & I for a 1/2 hr and explained everything to us. My previous Dr said about two words to me in three visits. Since almost all of my clearances are done, I will most likely get a date at my next appt on 3/17...then it's the wait to get approved. In the meantime, I have been reading non-stop. I'm a ball of nerves!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for listening!!!

Law001,

It's good to read, but don't let some of the stuff get to you, your reading it but your also thinking it's going to happen to you, don't do that, your going to get yourself all worked up that your not going to go through with it. I am a great listener, and if you want to talk any time I can be available. I don't live far, we are in the same time zone anyway so if you want email me and we can exchange emails and we can email all my emails go to my cell I will need the help just as much as you do. To talk to someone who is going through what I am going through. We are all here.

As difficult as it sounds, just relax. Yes complications are possible, but not probable. I am one of those people that usually gets them, but I did great. I am almost three months post op and doing well. Do your best to follow the doctor's directions. It certainly is life changing and you will have a lot of changes, but so worth it. I am now of my blood pressure meds and my sugar and cholesterol numbers are normal except for ldl. I'm so excited.

As difficult as it sounds, just relax. Yes complications are possible, but not probable. I am one of those people that usually gets them, but I did great. I am almost three months post op and doing well. Do your best to follow the doctor's directions. It certainly is life changing and you will have a lot of changes, but so worth it. I am now of my blood pressure meds and my sugar and cholesterol numbers are normal except for ldl. I'm so excited.

Michelev97 congrats on getting off your med but also on your success this far!! Keep it up!!!

Revision patient

Hi!

So basically we all have the same fears before surgery. It seems like it has taken over my excitement! So what can you eat now that you're almost 8 weeks post op? How much weight have you lost so far and how are you feeling? Did you experience any complications and where did you have your surgery?

Thanks, I appreciate your input!!!

Yes...we all have some fears...I eat very little but I do try to get in the amount of Protein that the doctor recommends..I still do a Protein shake for Breakfast, then about 2.5 hrs. later I eat a low fat small round of cheese, then for lunch I eat either Soup or the chicken out of a chicken wrap, then around 2:30 I eat greek yogurt then for supper it is a small amount of meat (usually pork or chicken) and I try to eat some steamed vegetable but usually there is no room...Plus Water, Water, water...so you see it is very little..I have lost 53lbs of which 28lbs has been since surgery..It is a slow process but that is good because I want my skin to bounce back..NO MORE SURGERY!! LOL..I am feeling lots better but that has only been in the last 3 weeks...My energy has really picked up and I am more active than I have been in years..I had my surgery in Alabama...Hope this helps..

Hi everyone thanks for sharing i have my appt with my surgeon in nh next week . I will get my date and hopeful its april! Thanks all for sharing and it will be great to follow our journeys !

Hi everyone thanks for sharing i have my appt with my surgeon in nh next week . I will get my date and hopeful its april! Thanks all for sharing and it will be great to follow our journeys !

Hi!!

I also have my final appt on 3/17. All clearances have been completed so Monday everything will be submitted to insurance. I hope to get an April date!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get insurance approval????????????

Good luck to all and thank you to those that offered great advice!!!