Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regular Food Post Op Sample Menu Plans

Hi all, I'm almost 11 weeks post op and I struggle with my meal choices, liquids and Protein. Can you guys please share and post sample food menu plans of regular food that you intake each day. I am looking for ideas and tips. I've dropped 36 1/2 pounds since my surgery date of 12/23/2013. Trying to boost up my weight loss. Also wondering if any of you drink Green Tea? I hear that's also a big booster to help aid the weight loss.

sorry hit the wrong button

Edited by suejersey

sorry hit the wrong button

Edited by suejersey

I drink Snapple Diet Green Tea (instant packets) every day because I love the taste, but don't know if it would count as "Green Tea" for weight loss. Plain Water is to "heavy" to me and I use one packet in 3 cups of Water. So I usually have two a day. Love the stuff!

food menu:

this has changed somewhat over time - I can eat more now (probably double the calories)

At 600 calories I would say my day looked like:

Protein shake or coffee with Protein Powder

1 cheese stick

1 ounce of lunch meat

1 ounce of beef Jerky or chobani Greek yogurt

2 ounces of Protein (chicken mostly) one tablespoon vegetable

1 cheese stick or half Protein Bar

(also eggs were in the mix most days - 1 egg)

Very, very simple eating during the first year for me. For dinner whatever I made for my family I would eat the protein of it but only 2 ounces or so or 1/4 - 1/2 cup if measured that way.

Now I try to follow a low carb diet and am experimenting with different grains and gluten free stuff for baking. Use xylitol or splenda versus sugar for baked goods. I love Quest Protein Bars for a dessert or snack. If you check out Pinterest low carb you will find lots of great recipes. I am constantly trying new things.

I don't worry about fat I look at low carb and then high protein for recipes.< /p>

menu now at 17 months:

coffee with Protein powder (I am bad about eating breakfast)

Protein Bar or yogurt, or beef Jerky or 2 ounces lunch meat

Leftovers or low carb tortilla made into pizza or 1 cheese stick and an ounce of turkey pepperoni or cold cuts

most days chobani or other high protein snack, occasional tortilla chips with Greek yogurt dip or hummus (sometimes I need that crunch!)

dinner whatever I am making for my family but now I can have 3 - 4 ounces of protein and 2 - 3 tablespoons of veggie

protein bar or yogurt (usually something more sweet)

I still stay away from Pasta, potatoes, rice, bread as much as possible. Drink 64 ounces each day. Get about 1200 calories per day.

Definitely check out Pinterest for recipes (I have one board called Bariatric Resources where I pin recipes I want to try).

World According to Eggface and Bariatric Foodie are great blogs for recipes and such.

Good luck! You'll do great!

One last thing, don't be impatient. Continue living your life and making good choices and enjoy the new life that you are building. At the beginning it does feel sort of like wow, this seems kind of slow to me, but before you know it you will look at your loss and be like, wow, how did that happen so fast. Don't wait to live when the weight comes off, live while it is coming off! It took me about 14 months to lose the 140 pounds - so average that out to ten pounds a month, so enjoy new victories along way, there will be lots of them!

Edited by suejersey

Thanks SueJersey... This is all great info that I will focus on. I've had a couple of stalls along the way, just didn't want stalls hinder my loss and needed to see some samples to get me back on focus. Thanks so much!!!

I agree, thank you for all the helpful information !! I am also new to this site. And am learning a lot of great things!

Eggface has great recipes...and this site has some as well...

one of my favs is pounded chicken breast stuffed with spinach, ricotta, seasonings... roll up, put in toothpicks and bake... my husband likes to put Tomato sauce on his...

another thing for something crunchy that I make regularly are parmesan chips...yummy and easy and crunchy! great with salsa

Hi, Thank you for that info!! It's really helpful to me as I am 3 weeks out and transitioning my diet but not really confident I'm "doing this right". I'm frustrated because I'm not losing weight although my clothes fit more comfortably. It's exciting to hear everyone's weight loss but makes me wonder why I'm stuck... I'm using an app to track what I eat which helps as well.