Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe i wasnt ready for this ..#vent

I am 2 1/2 weeks out and felt EXACTLY the same way at 4 days out. What you are feeling is totally NORMAL. I called it 'buyer's remorse'. You are healing forma really huge surgery. Don't worry it really does it get easier quicly. 2 1/2 weeks out, I'm back to work and really feel good. Hang in there!

I am 4 days post op and I felt the exact same way and my husband said, "buyers remorse" when I was complaining. Today was my first day to have Tomato Soup and thinned yogurt, glad for the change. I'm struggling with getting the Protein shakes between meals.

My biggest problem is being tired and missing life. My social life (the meager social life I have) revolves around going out to dinner/ lunch with family and friends. Now they go without me, feeling a bit isolated.

I am 6wks out. My first 2 weeks I was a MESS. I was angry, sad, overwhelmed, tired-- you name it! Fortunately for me, I was off of liquids after a week and on to pureeds, then by my 2 week post op appt I was allowed soft foods--- I think I would have struggled more if I had to stay on liquids a long time. On another thread, a veteran mentioned we are losing a lot of fat-- estrogen is stored in fat cells. High fat loss= high estrogen loss= moodiness, high emotions, etc. Be gentle with yourself. It does get better. Hang in there!

Hello everyone,

So, I had my surgery 5 days ago and I'm sooooo hungry....Why???? my stomach supposed to be smaller and I'm not to feel this way.

I'm feeling discouraged, I'm trying my best not to join my family right now eating Chinese food, instead I'm going to make my shake and pray that it will keep me full. God know that I'm going to be starving in a couple of hours.

Is there anyone out there that has gone through the same thing? if so, how did you overcome it???

Please, someone help!!!! :mellow:

Hello everyone, So, I had my surgery 5 days ago and I'm sooooo hungry....Why???? my stomach supposed to be smaller and I'm not to feel this way. I'm feeling discouraged, I'm trying my best not to join my family right now eating Chinese food, instead I'm going to make my shake and pray that it will keep me full. God know that I'm going to be starving in a couple of hours. Is there anyone out there that has gone through the same thing? if so, how did you overcome it??? Please, someone help!!!! :mellow:

Thanks for the wonderful feedback everyone!

Delamoras3 5 days post op is pretty rough, you're gonna be fighting temptation a lot (I myself am going through it) I'm learning to overcome this by chewing lots of sugar free gum, getting liquids in and taking myself out of the "temptation" spot. You might even be experiencing head hunger? I know I have ... Be patient. You'll be okay

lmdx0sleeved,

Thanks for your response; I ts that thought that I was the only one hungry from day one. A lot of the posts that I read everyone says they barely can hold their Water, let alone their Protein shakes...

Dr. said I can't chew gum till week five; I cheated a lil bit today and had a small jolly rancher and I don't even like sweets, it just felt good to have it.

I'm a meat and potatoes kind of girl, and I'm craving it all...

Physically I feel great, my stomach is swollen and bloated but very manageable, my vowel movements have been very regular everyday, and I'm drinking all my Water.< /p>

the few pounds that I lost pre-op (5 to be exact) I gained them all back and 4 more, 182 day of surgery 191 second day at discharge, and days later 187...

I'm following every step that was given, only sipping my water, 24 grams of Protein with my shakes, and chicken broth only...

I should be at least at my pre-op weight by now.

You are absolutely right about staying positive; I will not succumb to my head hunger or sabotage myself.

Thanks you so much for your words of encouragement, and keep up the good work.

Hello everyone, So, I had my surgery 5 days ago and I'm sooooo hungry....Why???? my stomach supposed to be smaller and I'm not to feel this way. I'm feeling discouraged, I'm trying my best not to join my family right now eating Chinese food, instead I'm going to make my shake and pray that it will keep me full. God know that I'm going to be starving in a couple of hours. Is there anyone out there that has gone through the same thing? if so, how did you overcome it??? Please, someone help!!!! :mellow:

I had bad hunger pains about 5 days out. I felt like I could have eaten an horse. I am almost 3 wks now and am rarely hungry.

I had bad hunger pains about 5 days out. I felt like I could have eaten an horse. I am almost 3 wks now and am rarely hungry.
Thanks for sharing, it really helps to know I'm not the only suffering this hunger pain

I AM SO GLAD TO HAVE FOUND THIS THREAD!!!

I feel like everyone is doing so much better than I am. I had to get a stitch in the incision they took my stomach out of and that is what is causing most of my stomach pain. All the other pain is GAS!!! I have been taking my gas ex like clock work and yet I still get terrible pains in my chest and shoulders.... ugh every time I drink or swallow something you can hear the gas moving around. I have been up and moving too. I feel like I should be passing more gas and at least having a BM but nothing crazy. I cannot STAND the smell of chicken broth. I tried cream of celery Soup today and it was terrible. I feel like I am so hungry but there is nothing worth eating. There is this milk my dr recommends thats milk with powdered milk mixed in to get the extra Protein I might try that tomorrow. I know I didnt meet my liquid or Protein intake today. I was terrible.

Hi everyone! I'm two weeks out, and start pureed foods today. I too got sick of broth, but found miso Soup to be my salvation (not eating the seaweed). And "Eat the Bear" brand Protein shakes are pretty tasty, if a little sweet. Isopure Protein Water packs the protein punch at 40grams per 20oz serving. And the flavors are palatable.

Regarding gas pains: I felt terrible for the first 3-4 days, and gas-x, prilosec did nothing. I had trouble taking deep breaths. Then it occured to me that my chest muscles were all stretched out from the surgery, and they were really sore. I started using heating pads and that helped a great deal.

Hang in there, it will get easier and you WILL feel better!

My mantra: TRUST THE PROCESS!

Don't get discouraged, this is normal, when I was still on all liquids post open I couldn't stand it either. Just remind your self why you did this for yourself. I promise you this will pass and it will be the best thing you ever did for you. I would dream about getting to eat " real food again", but you just keep on going doing the right thing. Don't rush things when you graduate to soft foods you can take 1 cup of chicken broth add 3 tbs instant mashed potatoes ,add a little shredded cheddar cheese for potatoes Soup it's really good my fab was loaded potatoes. Good luck

Just remind yourself this is a temporary phase in you life. I had a lot of split pea Soup, Tomato, and this one restaurant in town had the best soup broth ever that I would order. I remember the phase you are in.......now I can try a bit of just about everything but I have to make the decision to eat healthy. Use your tool to re-define your diet one step at a time. I honestly ate so many scrambled eggs during the soft food phase...I still can't eat them. Good Luck!

I do not get it why our surgeons vary so drastically with the pre and post op diets. I was allowed full liquids on day three. A week later to soft foods. By week 3, I was testing the waters on regular food. Even had some Wendy's chili on my way home from my appointment that day. It's crazy. I spent a lot of money ahead of time ordering whey Protein Soups and Snacks, and hardly used them. My Sweetie made sleeve friendly Soups and meals and put them through the processor for me.

I know that the clear phase is boring and unpalatable. Even if you don't get your Protein in, get your fluids. You don't want to end up in the E.R with I.V s for dehydration.....Take care. I wish you good luck and good health.

4 days post op and I literally feel like I am not cut out for this. I'm struggling knowing that I can't eat real food. So sick and tired of broth, it makes me nauseated even thinking about it. Popsicles and Jello are pissing me off too. Id rather not eat anything then have to eat broth or smell it ever again! What is my problem? Is there anything else I should try besides chicken/beef/vegetable broth? Oh and I'm Pissed off at the world right now and in a really low funk. I'm trying to stay positive but I don't know why I'm still craving food? ??

Hang in there honey! You can do this!!! My surgery experience was awful!!! I felt awful, grouchy, didn't want to talk, didn't even want to fool with my phone or have visitors..I wanted to eat but got sick just smelling food...You are only four days out...It will get better!! I promise...It is just going to take time, time and a little more time..I still want to eat but my sleeve says no...As my doctor told me, the sleeve is doing what I couldn't do and that is control the amount of food I eat....Best of luck!!!

Hey everyone! A little update for some of you just coming out of surgery. As you can see the first 4-5 days I hated the world, had buyers remorse and wanted to curl up in a ball and freakin cry. Well , I moved pass that. I'm 8 days post op and even with the struggle being real at times, I feel so much better! I'm moving around, getting fluids in and not hating everyone and everything. However, I still miss foods of course but not like it was 4-5 days out. Thanks to everyone who supported me during that rough little patch, I'm sure I'll have many more #vents. But yes- you'll survive and it helps when you notice the pounds slithering off !