Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hit my 5 month anniversary on March 5th and am down 78 pounds.

Almost over night, I started being able to eat more than ever before - with no pain - no burps - no sliming etc. It scares me. I feel like I've pushed my little pouch to the limits and have possibly stretched it out? I was hardly eating for the first 3 months because I had such high acidity and nausea. Now, I see the portion size increasing a lot. Mind you, it's NO where near a "normal" portion size, but it's much more all of a sudden then I could eat prior.

I must admit, for the first 4 months, I wasn't paying much attention to the calories I was consuming because I could hardly eat and was still losing crazy amounts of weight quickly, even if I ate junk like ice cream etc.

This week I gained a pound and a half and I almost freaked out.............ok........I DID freak out.

Now, I've downloaded a calorie counting app and have stayed on my 800 calories with only 20% being sugar/carbs and am back down that 1.5 pounds I gained.

My insurance starts on April 1st and I'll start with a new surgeon/ NUT. My originals are back in India where I was living all of last year. So, I will be able to get it all checked out then but looking for any feedback from you wonderful folks.

Edited by IndieAllie

Very unlikely that you stretched your sleeve... you may be eating more "slider" foods and not watching what you are eating will not help. I have to do the same thing... start weighing again and making sure I stay on task... follow the program and we will both be fine :) ... back off the sugar and carbs as much as possible

Edited by BigGirlPanties

Thank you!

Have you ever gained weight? What an awful place to be again. I will NOW stop this cycle.

During the first 3 months your sleeve was healing, it was swollen. The swelling has gone down to where you will find your allowed a little bit bigger portion size. No bigger than 8 oz at a time or a cup at a time. Best to measure your food to help you keep on track. Still, "Protein First".

Congratulations with your weight loss.

Sherri

Oh my gosh, me too!! I hit my 6 month post op on March 4th and feel exactly the same. It has me so scared that my stomach has stretched. It's like I can suddenly eat so much more, not like before surgery but definitely different than these past 6 months. And I can't seem to get the scales to move now, been stalled :(. Any veterans out there have any thoughts on this?

Guys, I am in EXACTLY the same boat. I am approaching 6 months out and the EXACT same thing happened to me.

IndiAllie/Boogiebabe, it is like you reached into my head and pulled out my very experience.

I have started logging things on MyFitnessPal to improve my accountability.

I don;t think there's much more we can do - other than be mindful that from this point we're going to have to now 'work' at getting our last bits of weight off.

Its all about our accountability. As I have said before - if I cock this up? I absolutely have only myself to blame. So lets agree to not let it happen to us?

Whaddya say?

:)

It's pretty darn near impossible to stretch your stomach out. Unless you are self abusing and even that is super painful I am sure you will not stretch it out,

A Stall is no inches or weight loss in over 30 days. Are you measuring and taking photos weekly? Not everything is scale oriented.

You should be able to eat more now. Your stomach is done healing, you should be getting all your Protein organically rather than chemically by shakes. You should be eating every 3-4 hours.

Keep tracking and measure all your losses not just the scale.< /p>

I dropped 2 full pant sizes from a 10 to a 6 with out losing a single pound.

Madam, I say NO MORE OF THIS!! I'm not going backwards - no way! I'm sitting in the gym parking lot right now about to go walk because my family ordered Chinese and I WONT be tempted!!!!!

Well, it sounds as if this may be a normal part of the process--which is good to know.

I'm with you ladies.....let's kick it in gear and take control! We can do this !!

Madam, I say NO MORE OF THIS!! I'm not going backwards - no way! I'm sitting in the gym parking lot right now about to go walk because my family ordered Chinese and I WONT be tempted!!!!!

You go girl! You can do this! :D x

@asksarah -- I see you are a year post-op, can u give me an example of what a normal day's eating consists of for you? This may give me an idea if I'm freaking out for no reason. However, just as indieallie said, "Almost over night, I started being able to eat more than ever before - with no pain - no burbs - no sliming etc. It scares me."

Has anyone else gained weight half way through the process?

Edited by IndieAllie

I've bounced up and down by a couple of pounds?

yeah ok, I mean I'm happy with my loss so far, but I'm only half way. I can't bare the thought of gaining even 1 pound this soon in. But, it's all about doing what you have to do and seeing it work itself out.

Same here! I am 5 months out and all of a sudden, more food! I don't mean so much that I CAN fit it as much as I mean that I NEED to! I absolutely can not do max 800 calories anymore!

It is so scary to think that nothing is changed, that the successful folks will be the ones with the most willpower.

So far, keeping away from naughty foods has not been too difficult, but suddenly temptation seems impossible to resist.

Holding on.....

For now