Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Women Only: Time of the month

Ladies-

I was banded on February 13th, and had my first fill on March 14th. I am currently experiencing severe cramping due to my monthly visiter. Before my surgery, I never had an problems with my period. But for the past few days, I've had incredible pain. My doctor said that this is normal for the first couple of months, but I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Ashley

I haven't so not sure I can help. Are you getting all your Water in? I was told years ago that especially the week or two before the visitor to load up on water....makes the process a little less painful?!?!?! December 2005 I had endometrial ablation, sure that's spelled wrong!!....had really heavy periods and that procedure really helped with the cramping and the volume. Would recommend it to anyone and everyone!!!

My periods are alot worse. I wasn't sure if it was band-related. The bloating of your period also may tighten your band. I have trouble eating when Aunt Flo is in town. I always get my Water in and it hasn't helped.

I'm glad someone asked this question. I was banded 3/14 and just started my first monthly on Thursday and have felt awful. I had severe cramps and have felt so tired. Does it get better with time???

I didnt have problems for a while after surgery, not until about 7 months but my periods have been foul since then. PMT, pain, irritable bowel problems, just awful. I feel like crap the whole time until its over, and that's after a lifetime of trouble free symptom free periods.

My doc thinks I may have developed endometriosis and thinks its not band related, but who knows. I'm also nearing 40 so I guess its all on a downhill slide from here :phanvan .

Losing a lot of fat can throw your hormones out though and that of course will affect periods.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches