Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't really posted much lately about my weight loss journey, just to give you all a rough summary I did the, *Lab work *Upper GI exam *4hour phycological exam *Nutritional consult *First surgeon consult *Cardiologist exam All in November this past year, preparing for surgery to take place in December, all went well except for, ironically, the very last test which was the cardio exam, I failed the stress test it showed that I had blockage and that I basically needed surgery to clear it up, the surgery took place on 12/16/13 and the cardiologist advised me that he would not clear me for sleeve surgery until after 3/16/14 needless to say I was totally taken back and somewhat discouraged, well I will be having another stress test next week and will meet with the cardiologist on 3/13/14 to go over the results, I can't even express how nervous I am, I'm trying to be optimistic considering that if he approves me, all I will need is to have the labs done over with all the other test being good for 6 months. I can't wait to get the final approval from my cardiologist, the insurance company is already on board due to my BMI, I don't need anymore road blocks, keeping my fingers and toes crossed on this appointment next week. Pray for me y'all, please. I might repost this because I need all the help a sista can get. Lol

That goodness they found that blockage. Good luck with your sleeve surgery. The wait will be worth it.

good luck with the stress test!

I will pray that everything works out for...as it already has. ;) He is working to get you where you need to be. *E-Hug*

I wish you all the goodness and luck on your journey. If your Higher Power hadn't sent you that stress test, you might not have known about the blockage until it was too late...so that really was a blessing, although I'm sure it just feels annoying & stressful right this moment.

That goodness they found that blockage. Good luck with your sleeve surgery. The wait will be worth it.

Thank you so much, I appreciate that.

<p>good luck with the stress test!</p>

Thank you that means a lot. I'm really anxious and willing to be compliant with the post instructions.

<p>I will pray that everything works out for...as it already has. ;) <strong>He</strong> is working to get you where you need to be. *E-Hug*</p>

Thank you so much, I believe that as well, I will remain optimistic although a little scared.

<p>I wish you all the goodness and luck on your journey. If your Higher Power hadn't sent you that stress test, you might not have known about the blockage until it was too late...so that really was a blessing, although I'm sure it just feels annoying & stressful right this moment.</p>

Thank you so much, it does feel annoying, lol, but I indeed see the blessing behind it all, I have a son that needs me and that's more important than what I desire.

I have a good friend, Dave, that found blockages and had to wait a year. He was 497 pounds. Myself I had an abdominal aortic aneurysm that would have killed me if I hadn't bee going thru the work up on my heart. If I hadn't been going for a sleeve, my surgeon said I would have died. He told me that I had the largest aneurysm (12.5 cm) they had ever seen on a live patient. Good luck and you have been given a very nice present. Every day is a gift.

I'm a ICU nurse. Trust me - you are soooo lucky they found it preop. I've seen it first hand. Divine intervention! I had a delay in approval too, due to not making my appointment early enough in November and having to start my 3 "consecutive monthly" preop visits all over again in Dec. I was hoping to be sleeved in early Jan. But as my NP said, surgery day is just 1 day on a journey that lasts the rest of your lifetime. It's hard work BEFORE and after surgery. Plus it gave me more time to prepare myself mentally. It's frustrating though! Hope you get good news next week. I'm scheduled for next Thursday. Fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong during preop testing Monday.

I'm a ICU nurse. Trust me - you are soooo lucky they found it preop. I've seen it first hand. Divine intervention! I had a delay in approval too, due to not making my appointment early enough in November and having to start my 3 "consecutive monthly" preop visits all over again in Dec. I was hoping to be sleeved in early Jan. But as my NP said, surgery day is just 1 day on a journey that lasts the rest of your lifetime. It's hard work BEFORE and after surgery. Plus it gave me more time to prepare myself mentally. It's frustrating though! Hope you get good news next week. I'm scheduled for next Thursday. Fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong during preop testing Monday.

Yes I am lucky, I have a son that needs me and I'm certainly not trying to die just to be thin. Lol. That's wonderful that you have your date, everything will go well you've waited long enough. Much success to you and congratulations I know you must be super excited!!!

I have a good friend, Dave, that found blockages and had to wait a year. He was 497 pounds. Myself I had an abdominal aortic aneurysm that would have killed me if I hadn't bee going thru the work up on my heart. If I hadn't been going for a sleeve, my surgeon said I would have died. He told me that I had the largest aneurysm (12.5 cm) they had ever seen on a live patient. Good luck and you have been given a very nice present. Every day is a gift.

Thank you so much and you had an Angel watching over you as well. Everyday is indeed a gift and I plan to make the very best of them especially when I'm more fit and confident to do more things that I've always wanted. Thank you.

Good luck to you!