Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

THIS is how the first 4 weeks go...

Great post! I'm two weeks out- yesterday was the first day I felt like my normal energy level was returning! Walking is so important, no matter how slow you go!

Tyvvm.... I am 6 days post op and now I know I am not losing my mind lol. Thanks for sharing!!!!! And Good Luck to all of us on our new journey :)

This really is inspiring...

31/2 weeks out and this has been me to a T!!! hahahaha Today I have felt omg am I going to be the one that has surgery and fails! Hormones Hormones!!! I was at work today and took 2 extra breaks because I just needed to cry. I felt ridiculous! hahahaha I am excited for once m body starts to level out.

Hello all - I know several of us are hitting our 1 month mark this week. Mine is today. The body is an incredible thing, truly. It's a healing machine quite frankly. At one and two weeks out: -you wonder what you have done to yourself and you are pretty sure you will never feel quite normal again -you can't imagine yourself ever sleeping anywhere but the living room recliner -the thought of driving or going back to work seems like an unrealistic commitment you made Way Back Before Surgery -you can get in so little Water and Protein that it dawns on you that THESE are the weeks that will cause Hair loss several months from now -you learn what "sliming" is (ewwww) -MyFitnessPal tells you repeatedly: "You are getting too few calories. If every day were like today, you would be DEAD in 5 weeks." At three weeks out: -you feel better but not really there yet -you need extra naps on the weekend -getting in your water and protein can be done with the effort of a full time job -you have a strange painful stitch in your side that you've resigned yourself to bravely live with the rest of your life -you accidentally sleep all night with the heating pad on your largest incision site on its highest setting -you walk 20 minutes on the treadmill and then come onto this site and disbelievingly post, "WHEN did they say I should start exercising????" -your body decides you must be on a grueling episode of Survivor and goes into starvation mode yielding the world's most devastating weight loss stall prompting you to decide that you are a failure and did this all for NOTHING At four weeks out: -you sleep in your own bed in whatever position you want -the fire-hazardous heating pad gets put away -you walk 2+ miles at lunch and think maybe you could have done more -you have enough energy to really start cleaning the house again and get totally aggravated at hubby and kids for how little they managed to do for the past month -you randomly feel happy, mad, silly, sad as hormones and emotions take their toll -you have to pack up the first set of clothes which are now too big -you feel healthy....dare I say...normal? Yep, the first month is kind of amazing.

I am on day 3. Looking forward to the first month.

I am 11 days post-op and just joined the forum today. I love your post. Although I think I have been lucky because after the first few days, I've felt mostly well. I am sleeping in my bed in my normal positions, although switching on to my left side is a bit painful at first. I still feel tender inside, and I'm definitely not cleaning or walking long distances, so it's good to know that in a couple more weeks it should happen. I also appreciate the heads up about the impending weight loss stall because somewhere deep inside I have this fear that even with the surgery I will somehow fail to lose weight. I'm sure that is just from feeling so hopeful when beginning a thousand diets and then getting nowhere. It is really inspiring to know what ups and downs might be coming! Thank you :)

Thank you for posting your creative and warm feeling comments. Glad to read again and again how you will feel better soon since I'm only 5 days out almost...8-)

I am 11 days post-op and just joined the forum today. I love your post. Although I think I have been lucky because after the first few days, I've felt mostly well. I am sleeping in my bed in my normal positions, although switching on to my left side is a bit painful at first. I still feel tender inside, and I'm definitely not cleaning or walking long distances, so it's good to know that in a couple more weeks it should happen. I also appreciate the heads up about the impending weight loss stall because somewhere deep inside I have this fear that even with the surgery I will somehow fail to lose weight. I'm sure that is just from feeling so hopeful when beginning a thousand diets and then getting nowhere. It is really inspiring to know what ups and downs might be coming! Thank you :)

I was so glad to see this ! Today is my 9th day post op. And I'm still tender and not sleeping normal positions which is terrible on my neck and shoulder.

You new sleevers will feel normal again I promise. I'm 8 wks out and feel really good. The body has to heal and adjust to the new way of eating. Take it one day at a time and follow your Dr's orders. My weight loss is slow but that is ok. Slow wins the race. I've had stalls and figure in a weeks time the scale will move and it does. I'm now allowed to go to Curves and bowl. I've been in the pool since week 4. I can eat everything but sugar and bad carbs.. Take your Vitamins which is very important. You too will feel good one day soon. Take it one day at a time and work through that. You can and will do it. Oh yes by the way I turned 67 last month so you youngsters can and will be back to a new normal soon.

THank you for that creative account! I've been scouring these posts and looking for some honest feedback on what I can expect day by day after surgery. I was just approved yesterday. No date scheduled yet. But I'm trying to gather all the knowledge I can. I know everyone's experience can and most likely will be different. But if I experience any one of these emotions, sleepless / restless nights. . .can't get comfortable. . . I'll know that it's somewhat 'normal' and Week 5 is coming.!! LOL!!!

Thank you

I am so glad I came across this post. I am on day 10 and have not been feeling like a million bucks to say the least. I have cried and cried, I think I have actually thought I would be better off dead. I am so weak, so ready to chew food, and so ready to be human. My first couple of days home from the hospital was great. I felt awesome and boy that went down hill FAST! I have questioned myself so many times "why did I do this, will I EVER feel normal again?" This post has made my day a little brighter. I have been sitting here all day wondering how I am going to go back to work in 2 days. Thank you so much for posting.

This has been very inspiring to read as I am only 3 days post-op. I haven't regretted the surgery yet but I absolutely have 0 energy. Waking up thirsty and not being able to chug any fluids has been the most challenging since I get so full right away. I can't wait until I start to feel better.

This is absolutely everything that I went through.