Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Life is too Short......

Last night, I received a message asking for Prayers, that a friend had a Heart Attack around 9am, and was presently in ICU fighting for his life...

First thing this morning, I found a e-mail waiting for me that he did not make it through the night....

This is becoming all too common....we have a Facebook "Memorial" page devoted to HS Alumni that keeps track of HS Alumni we have lost....the list is way too large....

Ironically, at 9am yesterday morning, I was having my annual stress test, having Cardiac issues of my own.....but in my case..(thanks to the Lap band)

the Dr. and staff had me running my butt off trying to get my heart rate up.....they were even joking, referring me to "Liam Neeson", an actor the same age as me who does his own stunts and still kicks a** on the big screen.....

I am 100% successful with this WLS, have lost all the weight that is possible.....have not lost or gained weight in 2 years now....have absolutely no issues at all....with hunger, cravings, stuck episodes, etc, etc...all of the things people here struggle with...

So why did I log on here everyday? I'll be honest, I do not get any support or motivation...the complete opposite for that matter....every now and then there will be a post about slippage, erosion, falling off the wagon after 5 years....these I do pay close attention to, having never (and hoping never)to have experienced any of this....

So Why did I log on here everyday?

Every 2 years I am required to attend a "Medical Ethics" course.....without getting into detail, giving medical advice in any form through the "Social Media" is a very hot topic, and the lawyers are finding ways.....so to keep it simple I always had the rule to NEVER tell another person here what they should or should not do, or what I may THINK is the answer to their complaint....

So what can someone, who has gone through this journey successfully do?

Simple...all anyone can do.....and that is, when reading a particular subject, simply share my own true to life experiences within that same subject...tell my story, as it is and has transpired with this WLS....that's all anyone can do....and as people see, many people have different experiences......

But then a realized, that even telling one's own truthful experiences, is met here with hostility....

I suppose if I were to say "Woe is me, this is so hard, I hate this band, what a day to day struggle" then I would be accepted into the club....but it would not be the truth and disingenuous....

This forum has the reputation as being negative, and it's true for the veterans who are successful also....

So What's the Point??? Why do it?

For these reasons, I feel is is time to stay away for while....I have done it here before and it helped....this forum is not very positive for successful veterans, and many have moved on and are long gone....

Like the title of this post...Life is too short, I have my new life, my renewed health...it would be nice to share my experiences with others, but if not....I still need to concentrate on the big picture....

So for now, not sure for how long, good luck and best wishes to all......

B-52. Thank you for the information you have shared by way of telling your truth. I have learned and listened to many things you have said, your time on this site is appreciated. When there is whining, complaining, negativity on the site, a few people, you being one, who gets the discussion back on track by not being a victim, but by being the victor. Not getting pulled into the fray. I wish you well with your continued success.

Same with Kit. I wish you well on your continued way. You have helped me with your past experiences and knowledge. Take care of yourself.

Joining in the collective thank you, B-52, for the example you set and the modeling you provide. May your good health, boundless energy, and sensical ways continue for many years.

I am sure you will be missed by many, but I understand why you want to move on. I want to wish you good luck, good health and happiness.

I want to thank you for your support, I know it has helped me greatly as a newbie here. Even though I am not extremely active on this forum, I do read new and old posts almost every day to help me with my journey. All of your wisdom and experience is greatly appreciated.

Best of luck!

B52, you've provided ME with several straight forward answers that have helped me with :

My exercise program,

My understanding of being in the "Green" zone,&

My knowing that it's okay to exercise only on coffee, and then follow up with a Protein Shake. Very specific suggestions that I have incorporated..... Thanks to YOU!

Life IS too short..... Enjoy each and every day of YOURS!

I'll miss you B-52. i realize that this forum can be a great downer, and you, bring in the medical filed must hold your tongue the most. thanks for being you and a buddy. Come back when you are ready! Karen..aka..kll724

just want to say best of luck and that i hope you drop in once in a while.. It is said to see you go. i still wonder where MISSY is and how she's doing.. now i'll just add you to my wondering :) thanks for sharing your wisdom

You've been a great advisor, role model and mentor to many. So sorry for your loss...

Keep up the good work!

it is up to you as in everything you do and have done , how ever don't be surprised if I pm you just to say hi and see how you are doing once in a while.

Last night, I received a message asking for Prayers, that a friend had a Heart Attack around 9am, and was presently in ICU fighting for his life...

First thing this morning, I found a e-mail waiting for me that he did not make it through the night....

This is becoming all too common....we have a Facebook "Memorial" page devoted to HS Alumni that keeps track of HS Alumni we have lost....the list is way too large....

Ironically, at 9am yesterday morning, I was having my annual stress test, having Cardiac issues of my own.....but in my case..(thanks to the Lap band)

the Dr. and staff had me running my butt off trying to get my heart rate up.....they were even joking, referring me to "Liam Neeson", an actor the same age as me who does his own stunts and still kicks a** on the big screen.....

I am 100% successful with this WLS, have lost all the weight that is possible.....have not lost or gained weight in 2 years now....have absolutely no issues at all....with hunger, cravings, stuck episodes, etc, etc...all of the things people here struggle with...

So why did I log on here everyday? I'll be honest, I do not get any support or motivation...the complete opposite for that matter....every now and then there will be a post about slippage, erosion, falling off the wagon after 5 years....these I do pay close attention to, having never (and hoping never)to have experienced any of this....

Every 2 years I am required to attend a "Medical Ethics" course.....without getting into detail, giving medical advice in any form through the "Social Media" is a very hot topic, and the lawyers are finding ways.....so to keep it simple I always had the rule to NEVER tell another person here what they should or should not do, or what I may THINK is the answer to their complaint....

Simple...all anyone can do.....and that is, when reading a particular subject, simply share my own true to life experiences within that same subject...tell my story, as it is and has transpired with this WLS....that's all anyone can do....and as people see, many people have different experiences......

But then a realized, that even telling one's own truthful experiences, is met here with hostility....

I suppose if I were to say "Woe is me, this is so hard, I hate this band, what a day to day struggle" then I would be accepted into the club....but it would not be the truth and disingenuous....

This forum has the reputation as being negative, and it's true for the veterans who are successful also....

For these reasons, I feel is is time to stay away for while....I have done it here before and it helped....this forum is not very positive for successful veterans, and many have moved on and are long gone....

Like the title of this post...Life is too short, I have my new life, my renewed health...it would be nice to share my experiences with others, but if not....I still need to concentrate on the big picture....

Thank you for all of your advice. I've only been on here for a little while and I've seen a lot of people move on & I completely understand - I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you on here again soon!

Best wishes to you and many thanks for all the posts and comments that have helped me figure out my life with the band. You have been a great role model and I hope you'll continue to pop in once in a while. You will be greatly MISSED!

:( sorry to hear that , I will miss your post, thank you for all the help you give me without knowing when I start my journey!