Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rate of weight loss

I had my surgery in 2/24. I'm not trying to rush things and I am trying to be realistic, but I can't help wondering: what size will I be come summer? I live at the shore, and we all really come to life in June. All of the fashion is changing but I won't buy anything yet. My sw was 203. Can anyone tell me their experience and loss in the first couple months?

Take a look at the stats in my signature / ticker. But also note I'm 60 years old, and I have not started exercising yet.

Edited by JeanZ

People who have a lot of weight to lose tend to lose more, faster. That being said, I usually manage 2-3 lbs per week, except this week which is a stall. :wacko: Everyone is different. Good luck to you!

I started out at 208lbs and am currently down 48lbs. I'm almost 4 months out. I didn't exercise regularly until month 3 and I don't always eat right either. I'm 29yrs old. I probably could have lost more weight but I'm in the average weight loss range.

I'm nine month out. I've lost 52lbs, I'm a snail when it comes to loosing weight. But I have lost a ton of inches. When I started I was a size 16 now I'm in a 8 or 6 depending who makes the cloth. I do exercise everyday and what's the best thing is I don't have excess skin. I'm building a lot of muscle which is why I think my scale doesn't move. I don't remember when was the last time my scale moved, I think since October but I'm not letting that bring me down. I get so happy when I go shopping and I ask for a smaller size. It's unreal for me still. GOOD LUCK and enjoy the ride. I'm hoping to be in a bikini by summer. Finger crossed. :)

My ticker breaks it out by month. I'm a year out.

DOS 232, CW 141

help !! monday i will be 3 weeks out ! i lost 15 lbs and was so happy. this week was bad i think i had a bug i was in the bathroom every time i ate or drank anything i am finally feeling better and gained 5 lbs back ?? whats wrong. please help super depressed

help !! monday i will be 3 weeks out ! i lost 15 lbs and was so happy. this week was bad i think i had a bug i was in the bathroom every time i ate or drank anything i am finally feeling better and gained 5 lbs back ?? whats wrong. please help super depressed

That gain is probably due to dehydration. It really doesn't take much, especially for us! Keep sipping as much as you can and I think you'll see that come right back off. Don't panic ;)

I know this thread was going on awhile back but just curious how your progress has been coming. I started out at 200 exactly day of surgery and actually was at 185 the majority of the past 2 years - just in the past few months before surgery (like 3 months) I gained another 15 and was my final tipping point to go through with surgery.

I feel really great. I've only had 2 days where I've felt really "hungry" or wanting to eat some meat! (Like gyro meat with my husband or some salami.... ) but otherwise I've been around 500 calories, under 20 cards, strictly only for the health wise drinks - and I've only gone down to 191 lbs in the first 14 days.

That is 9 lbs in 14 days. I'm 5'6"

I guess I'm just curious if things picked up or were there things, like drinking extra Water, that really helped move the progress along? I'm feeling like I could start exercising, even though I'm only 2 weeks... maybe light elliptical --- but feeling slightly disappointed as I thought I'd at least pop to 185 quickly again.

would love to hear some thinspiration moments :-) if you have some to share xoxo thanks in advance

This post was incredibly helpful to me. I was concerned that I was not losing fast enough, but I now see I am within the average. I have not started working out regurlarly mostly because I was told by my surgeon's nut I could only eat 3 meals a day and naturally only 4 oz. So when I work out I get ravenous - I am meeting with another NUT and will begin my work out this month. Anyway, here are my stats :-)

HW: 279

SW:263

CW:219

M1 -21

M2 -13

M3 -10

Highest size 22 - Current size 14

Thank you again for the great posts!