Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on my way to the Hospital. I am calm cool and collected, my Husband on the other hand is freaking out. I will update when I can.

I'm so excited for you! Just said a little prayer for a fantastic surgery! Keep us informed and good luck!

I am also on my way to the hospital. A bit shaky and headachy, IV nutrients will work wonders. Good luck Two Penguins..

Good luck everything is going to fine.today starts a new life. keep in touch

I'm in my room. So far the gas is the worst part.

post-207339-0-63156900-1393866228_thumb.png

[ATTACH]42040[/ATTACH]

Yay! Congrats!

Wow. Good Luck Ladies! I can't wait for it to be me.

Good luck two penguin and Karen!

Update: yesterday was pure hell. Apparently I was having a reaction to the pain meds. I was dry heaving ALL day. Today is MUCH better. Yeah!!! I can't wait to go home. Today is do different from yesterday. I think the only pain I have is from the dry heaving and not the surgery. It will get better. My loving Hubby has been with me the whole time. Yeah for him!!

Two.penguins, glad to hear your surgery went well and they were able to figure out that you were having a reaction to the pain meds and that you are doing better today!

Karen W, I hope your surgery went well!

Please keep us posted!

Hi,

Surgery Monday was 2.5 hours. I am a band to sleeve conversion and doc said lots of scar tissue. In hospital 24 hours, and now at a friend's who lives nearby. Will go home this afternoon.

The pain isn't that bad, at least with Lortab. Heating pad really helps. My biggest problem will be getting enough liquids. Sipping all the time but swallow test at hospital showed liquid going through, albeit very slowly. Gas not bad so far.

So less than 48 hours after surgery I am up, dressed, and ready to go home. I live alone, but see no problems. Biggest concern is will I be able to get 64 oz. liquid daily? At this point can't imagine ever being hungry again. But I am guessing that will change when swelling goes down.

Two Penguins...how are you doing? Let us know when you can.

Oh yeah, I'm 69, so other seniors out there, dont be intimidated by your age. Walking is easy.

Karen