Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Federal BCBS paid for my sleeve 100%, minus the copayments for the hospital and my surgon!

If you have Federal Blue Cross Blue Sheild, you should be happy! I'm on my dads plan and he has the basic plan but they paid for my surgery 100%. The only thing I had to pay was a $200 copayment to my surgery and $175 for my copayment for the hospital. I orignally was going to do the band, but they don't cover implants and it would have cost me almost 3 grand. I'm so happy it was so cheap for me. I'm so excited for the future. I'm currently 1 week and 4 days post op, I've been on a liquid diet for 2 weeks and 4 days and I've lost 25lbs since I started my liquid diet. I'm so happy. I had such a horrible time trying to lose weight because of my knee and back pain made it almost impossible to exersice very much and I'm hoping once I get down under 200lbs, I hope the pain will fade since I assume it's my weight causing it since I've had test and x rays and all kinds of stuff and doctors can't find anything wrong with my knee or back. So fingers crossed!

Same here. I have said before on this forum that Federal BC/BS is the best insurance I have ever had - ever. I am six months into my program and two months post-op and still have not received a bill for anything except my doctor office co-pays.

Also, losing the first fifty pounds has made a remarkable difference in the pain in my joints. Even my posture is better. I will always have post-stroke mobility / balance issues, but the pain relief is noticeable.

What is Federal BC/ BS? I have BC/BS of MI. It's a PPO. I hope they will work as well for me.

I have BCBS Mi ppo. They wer easy to work with and covered my surgery.

Federal BCBS is for federal workers.

And it only took me 2 days to get approved!

Thanks, you guys, for making me feel a little less anxious. I had my screening visit yesterday with the Bari nurse and dietician, I have my psych eval next Monday, and my surgeon consultation April 1st. The thing I'm most stressed about is approval with BCBS FEP Basic and out of pocket costs. My provider requires up-front payment fir OOP, so I'm hoping they come up with the same amount that you paid. That would be do-able. Here's hoping for a mid-May sleeve!

Yes!!! That's amazing! I have Federal BCBS through my Dad so I'm hoping I have a similar experience. I'm really hoping for a May surgery date! :)

Ambwee- I also have BCBS Fep. What do u mean with the lapband on implants? I was planning on getting the band but now I think I'm moving towards the sleeve I plan on getting this in May I have one more nutritional visit then I'm going on vacation in April so they wanted me to do this afterwards. Anyone with Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal have any experience with Tummy Tuck that they pay for with the extra skin??

Ambwee- I also have BCBS Fep. What do u mean with the lapband on implants? I was planning on getting the band but now I think I'm moving towards the sleeve I plan on getting this in May I have one more nutritional visit then I'm going on vacation in April so they wanted me to do this afterwards. Anyone with Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal have any experience with Tummy Tuck that they pay for with the extra skin??

I have looked into this and they do cover the removal of the pannus (tummy skin flap) as long as there are medical problems involved like multiple recurring rashes.

I have BC/BS FEP Basic and was worried because I am somewhat borderline and if I lose anymore than my 5% I will be below the required 35 BMI with co-morbidities. Anyone else with this issue? I hope my co-pays turn out to be low also and my approval as fast!

FYI, I got approved today, one week after submission. Yeah!!

FYI, I got approved today, one week after submission. Yeah!!

Yaye!!!! Congrats!! I'm waiting to hear back from my submission to insurance!! I'm hoping by Friday I will have an answer!

I, too, have BCBS-Fed. My BMI is 39,1 and I have various health issues. I did my final diet visit yesterday and have met all the other requirements, so they said my file should be submitted to BCBS by early next week. I am so nervous!

I've been approved as of today!!! My surgeons office still doesn't know lol but as soon as they get the letter that insurance will be sending out today I can set up a date!!!! Yaye! Very quick approval, it was submitted 4/18 and approved 4/22 with a holiday weekend in there.