Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That awkward moment when....

My partner and I were meeting a friend at Starbucks. Busy busy Saturday... We parked, and there's a swarm of Girl Scouts with their Cookies, and we're both like, "oh crap. But cookies are SO GOOD...."

"Okay, here's what we do," I decided. "One box of thin mints. We each have two cookies, and we give the rest to people at Starbucks." It was a good plan. Plus, spread the love, right?

We got in there, get in the long line, crack that box open, split a tube open, and I'm enjoying my FIRST COOKIE. And I'm offering the open tube to people, "save me from eating these! Yes have some! I sure don't need them... Here have another!"

AND IN WALKS MY SURGEON. Yes, there I am, three weeks post-sleeve, with a half-tube of thin mints in my hand, licking the crumbs out of my teeth....(I only ate one but now it looked like I'd eaten 10).... He's like "oh Emily! Hi!"

I just LOL'd and hugged him and said, "oh my god and HERE'S MY BARIATRIC SURGEON, catching me with Girl Scout cookies!!" All I could do was laugh harder. I told him "I swear I only had one and see? Those two on the table? One for me one for him... We made a deal to give them away, I'm giving them to other people!! Oh god I'm mortified!! Hahaha!!"

He said, "I'll forgive you just this once..." And I'm all *shame*!!

Our friend was like, "of all the things that could have happened, I would NOT have bet on that one..."

So!! If you're tempted, just imagine your surgeon walking in and catching you red-handed.... Because it could happen!!! LOL

OMG- that is a great story!!! Love it!!!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! love it.....can imagine it happening too....

Thanks for the smile!

Omg I think I would've ran out if there!

FYI as a troop leader helping sell Cookies for two girls I totally get it cause my garage was full of Cookies. You can participate in Troop to Troop where you donate money toward boxes of cookies sent to the military troops. This can also be done online.

This helps you support the Girl Scouts and our solider without gaining calories.

Pamela

man oh man, talk about wanting the floor to swallow you up! I am going to keep the trick of imagining running into my surgeon (or dietician) in the line if I get tempted by something like mini Peanut Butter cups at Trader Joe's.

seriously, I would have died.

That is so funny! If my surgeon caught me with Cookies, he'd probably ask me for a handful, LOL!

My partner and I were meeting a friend at Starbucks. Busy busy Saturday... We parked, and there's a swarm of Girl Scouts with their Cookies, and we're both like, "oh crap. But Cookies are SO GOOD...." <br><br> "Okay, here's what we do," I decided. "One box of thin mints. We each have two cookies, and we give the rest to people at Starbucks." It was a good plan. Plus, spread the love, right?<br><br> We got in there, get in the long line, crack that box open, split a tube open, and I'm enjoying my FIRST COOKIE. And I'm offering the open tube to people, "save me from eating these! Yes have some! I sure don't need them... Here have another!" <br><br> AND IN WALKS MY SURGEON. Yes, there I am, three weeks post-sleeve, with a half-tube of thin mints in my hand, licking the crumbs out of my teeth....(I only ate one but now it looked like I'd eaten 10).... He's like "oh Emily! Hi!" <br><br> I just LOL'd and hugged him and said, "oh my god and HERE'S MY BARIATRIC SURGEON, catching me with Girl Scout cookies!!" All I could do was laugh harder. I told him "I swear I only had one and see? Those two on the table? One for me one for him... We made a deal to give them away, I'm giving them to other people!! Oh god I'm mortified!! Hahaha!!"<br><br> He said, "I'll forgive you just this once..." And I'm all *shame*!! <br><br> Our friend was like, "of all the things that could have happened, I would NOT have bet on that one..."<br><br> So!! If you're tempted, just imagine your surgeon walking in and catching you red-handed.... Because it could happen!!! LOL

This is hilarious and makes me feel better about our experience this morning that we were not alone hahaha.

We dropped of our puppy Peanut this morning to be groomed and since the groomer is clear across town we decided to go hang out at Starbucks surf the net and talk junk to pass the time away. I'm surfing the net running my mouth and my daughter that's also having VSG on March 24th as well says "hey mom look there's Dr S" I was thinking to myself yeah right but turned to look anyway and OMG I just wanted to crawl under the table and hide. Instantly I thought move the VENTI chai tea latte with soy milk behind my MacBook but at that moment my daughter is yelling Dr S our surgeon turns around and says heyyyyyyy ladies how r u when am I seeing u guys again. Utterly embarrassed I said this is the month. We all laughed in disbelief that our surgeon ended up at Starbucks with us while we r seated with a venti and a grandi (for my daughter) chai tea latte with soy milk. She said nothing out the way didn't even shoot us a dirty look but that could have been because it was clear we were happy to see her but embarrassed.

This is hilarious and makes me feel better about our experience this morning that we were not alone hahaha. <br><br> We dropped of our puppy Peanut this morning to be groomed and since the groomer is clear across town we decided to go hang out at Starbucks surf the net and talk junk to pass the time away. I'm surfing the net running my mouth and my daughter that's also having VSG on March 24th as well says "hey mom look there's Dr S" I was thinking to myself yeah right but turned to look anyway and OMG I just wanted to crawl under the table and hide. Instantly I thought move the VENTI chai tea latte with soy milk behind my MacBook but at that moment my daughter is yelling Dr S our surgeon turns around and says heyyyyyyy ladies how r u when am I seeing u guys again. Utterly embarrassed I said this is the month. We all laughed in disbelief that our surgeon ended up at Starbucks with us while we r seated with a venti and a grandi (for my daughter) chai tea latte with soy milk. She said nothing out the way didn't even shoot us a dirty look but that could have been because it was clear we were happy to see her but embarrassed.

It was Surgeons at Starbucks day!!! Why didn't anyone tell us?!? LOL!!

There is a Starbucks right around the corner from my house. I am staying clear! Thanks for the warning!

This is hilarious and makes me feel better about our experience this morning that we were not alone hahaha.

We dropped of our puppy Peanut this morning to be groomed and since the groomer is clear across town we decided to go hang out at Starbucks surf the net and talk junk to pass the time away. I'm surfing the net running my mouth and my daughter that's also having VSG on March 24th as well says "hey mom look there's Dr S" I was thinking to myself yeah right but turned to look anyway and OMG I just wanted to crawl under the table and hide. Instantly I thought move the VENTI chai tea latte with soy milk behind my MacBook but at that moment my daughter is yelling Dr S our surgeon turns around and says heyyyyyyy ladies how r u when am I seeing u guys again. Utterly embarrassed I said this is the month. We all laughed in disbelief that our surgeon ended up at Starbucks with us while we r seated with a venti and a grandi (for my daughter) chai tea latte with soy milk. She said nothing out the way didn't even shoot us a dirty look but that could have been because it was clear we were happy to see her but embarrassed.

It was Surgeons at Starbucks day!!! Why didn't anyone tell us?!? LOL!!

I know right. I swear I NEVER Imagined matter of fact the thought never crossed my mind that I would see her there. Lmbo