Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommitment

Here's to recommitting! I am with you! I am 2 1/2 years post op and I gained back 10lbs. I never reached my goal of 140 but I was happy and comforable at about 150-153. About a month ago I went back to MFP and that's helping me keep things in check. I was definitely eating way more than I needed to be. I was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism this week. So I am sure the combo of eating carbs, drinking alcohol and the thyroid issue did not help much. I have also been under a lot of stress. I am hoping that by trying to get back on the plan I can finally get to my goal weight. These extra 10lbs feels like I am carrying a brick around my neck. It is strange how much more you feel your body weight once you have lost so much.

I know we can do this! We have to remember what we felt like before we started this journey and that should help give us a kick in the rear :) I don't ever want to be heavy again and catching old habits early is a good start.

I have totally gained about 6 lbs since reaching my goal. I have had a lot of stress with the loss of a cat and children blaming others bc the cat got out. It so stressful and plus starting to work for a friend as and in home health provider, she and her friend eat and drink tons of carbs and junk. So I got hooked on sugar again. In the past few days I've readjusted my eating. Instead of eating more than I need, I tell myself to stop. It helps and also need to get back to the 5:2 eating regime......that helps a lot. I am also exercising a bit more now. :P We can do this and let's practice being grateful that we caught our gains early on and that we got this under control now.... :P

What is the 5:2 eating regime?

<p>Here's to recommitting! I am with you! I am 2 1/2 years post op and I gained back 10lbs. I never reached my goal of 140 but I was happy and comforable at about 150-153. About a month ago I went back to MFP and that's helping me keep things in check. I was definitely eating way more than I needed to be. I was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism this week. So I am sure the combo of eating carbs, drinking alcohol and the thyroid issue did not help much. I have also been under a lot of stress. I am hoping that by trying to get back on the plan I can finally get to my goal weight. These extra 10lbs feels like I am carrying a brick around my neck. It is strange how much more you feel your body weight once you have lost so much.</p> <p>I know we can do this! We have to remember what we felt like before we started this journey and that should help give us a kick in the rear :) I don't ever want to be heavy again and catching old habits early is a good start.</p>

As you said it's funny to be bother over 10 lbs after losing 100 but we know where it can lead. I decide to have a splurge this weekend. Even though eating out cost more I'm enjoying my splurge at a restaurant. That why the junk isn't at my house. I did good all week and will keep it up this weekend.

I am recommitting too . I have gained back 15 lbs and am only half way to goal. I lost 70 lbs since jan 2013 but my daughter and my two grand kids moved in and I live in food hell! I tried getting her to buy differently but now I realize its me that needs to change. I started this morning and am very serious about this. I missed my one year appointment with my Dr because I feel guilty. Dumb I know. I have medical problems like lipodystrophy and sjogrens and can't exercise easily so that has really hampered my loss. Since surgery last year I've had a surgery for hyperparathyroidism and have surgery next mo to repair my right foot because its hard to walk and a semi hit me last June messing up my back one herniated disk three buldging. These aren excuses just obstacles. Ii know i could have gone to a pool but i chose to eat wrong and now I'm choosing to fix this. No more excuses.

I have totally gained about 6 lbs since reaching my goal. I have had a lot of stress with the loss of a cat and children blaming others bc the cat got out. It so stressful and plus starting to work for a friend as and in home health provider, she and her friend eat and drink tons of carbs and junk. So I got hooked on sugar again. In the past few days I've readjusted my eating. Instead of eating more than I need, I tell myself to stop. It helps and also need to get back to the 5:2 eating regime......that helps a lot. I am also exercising a bit more now. :P We can do this and let's practice being grateful that we caught our gains early on and that we got this under control now.... :P

What is the 5:2 eating regime?

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/291240-52-links-and-info/ watch the video, read the links. After not reaching goal, and gaining 22 pounds I started using this plan, and finally got to goal at 3 years post WLS. I have been at goal for 3 months, and recommit twice a week this this plan.

I am recommitting too . I have gained back 15 lbs and am only half way to goal. I lost 70 lbs since jan 2013 but my daughter and my two grand kids moved in and I live in food hell! I tried getting her to buy differently but now I realize its me that needs to change. I started this morning and am very serious about this. I missed my one year appointment with my Dr because I feel guilty. Dumb I know. I have medical problems like lipodystrophy and sjogrens and can't exercise easily so that has really hampered my loss. Since surgery last year I've had a surgery for hyperparathyroidism and have surgery next mo to repair my right foot because its hard to walk and a semi hit me last June messing up my back one herniated disk three buldging. These aren excuses just obstacles. Ii know i could have gone to a pool but i chose to eat wrong and now I'm choosing to fix this. No more excuses.

Losing the regain is harder than losing it the first time... so no time like the present to get back on plan!

I was sleeved Oct 2011, lost 80 lbs and am currently 143, want to lose only 10 lbs and have been on the 5:2 for about 6 weeks. I'm committed too! Do eithr of you have a FitBit?

Whats the 5:2?

I was sleeved Oct 2011, lost 80 lbs and am currently 143, want to lose only 10 lbs and have been on the 5:2 for about 6 weeks. I'm committed too! Do eithr of you have a FitBit?

Whats the 5:2?

Like I said in the post above yours, read the link.

It is not recommended by the vets to anyone under 12 months. Do follow your Doc and Nuts plan until then.

Feeling good. Allowed myself one fun meal on Friday night. Have lost 3 lbs since recommitting. Feels good to be in control of food instead of the food controlling me. Hang in there everyone.

I've managed to get off track. I've gained 15-20 pounds back after reaching my goal (lost 100 lbs) because of stress and boredom eating - eating tons of simple carbs and drinking calories. So today, I'm publicly recommitting to going back to the basics. This week, I've already given up the caloric drinks and started back exercising. The last step is getting back to smaller meals consisting primarily of Protein and dealing with stress in other ways. I'm proud of myself for catching it before gaining too much weight. If anyone else is in the same boat, join me in recommitting to looking and feeling fabulous. Pamela

Ian in the same boat. I have gained back 12-14 pounds since Feb 2013. Sweets is killing me. Plus late night Snacks. I still fill up quick but within a few hours I want something. I need help. What is 5;2 (not sure I typed this right)?

I have gained back 8 lbs. I blame this on both my allowing carbs back into my diet & not exercising for 6 months due to should surgery recovery. I got un-motivated after 4 weeks of not being able to really doing anything & then continued not even walking. It's funny how 8 lbs seems like 80. My clothes still fit, but a little tighter in the waist.

I never stopped tracking my food intake on MyFitnessPal - and only was eating 1300-1400 calls a day. I think I must be hyper carb sensitive.

SO today - I AM RECOMMITTING. I put it in caps to emphasize to myself that I am dedicated. I haven't been on this site for a while and now will follow this thread and other veteran threads. Thank you for starting this.

Pamela

Ian in the same boat. I have gained back 12-14 pounds since Feb 2013. Sweets is killing me. Plus late night Snacks. I still fill up quick but within a few hours I want something. I need help. What is 5;2 (not sure I typed this right)?

I've managed to get traction on my weight loss. My biggest problem before was "what" I was snacking on. I still eat about every two to three hours but now I eat high Protein Snacks. I also make sure to drink Water before I eat even if I am hungry. I also try to drink a Protein Drink if I haven't eaten enough Protein. Hope that helps.

It is an eating plan that some veterans use to lose regain and/or maintain at goal. You can read more by doing a search.

I gained 7 pounds dropped 4 and starting tomorow it's on! I wanna drop back to 152 and 10 more and see if I can maintain there. After gaining 7 pounds I freaked out and was so scared fat me was coming back . I can eat more than 3 months ago and need to stop eating crap! I'm with you guys back on track tomorow and the plan is 14 pounds! Good luck everyone

I've managed to get off track. I've gained 15-20 pounds back after reaching my goal (lost 100 lbs) because of stress and boredom eating - eating tons of simple carbs and drinking calories. So today, I'm publicly recommitting to going back to the basics. This week, I've already given up the caloric drinks and started back exercising. The last step is getting back to smaller meals consisting primarily of Protein and dealing with stress in other ways. I'm proud of myself for catching it before gaining too much weight. If anyone else is in the same boat, join me in recommitting to looking and feeling fabulous. Pamela

What is 5:2?

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/291240-52-links-and-info/

Read these, watch the Horizon docu linked up, its worth it. A few other links of interest as well...