Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommitment

I've managed to get off track. I've gained 15-20 pounds back after reaching my goal (lost 100 lbs) because of stress and boredom eating - eating tons of simple carbs and drinking calories.

So today, I'm publicly recommitting to going back to the basics. This week, I've already given up the caloric drinks and started back exercising. The last step is getting back to smaller meals consisting primarily of Protein and dealing with stress in other ways.

I'm proud of myself for catching it before gaining too much weight. If anyone else is in the same boat, join me in recommitting to looking and feeling fabulous.

Pamela

I haven't regained yet but I've been stalled for a while. I'm not at my goal weight yet. I still have 40 more pounds to lose. So here to recommitment!!!!

When was your surgery? How has the journey been so far? I was sleeved Oct. 23, 2012. I lost a little over 100 pounds. I actually started eating junk a several months back. I'm surprised that it took this long to catch up with me. Not sure why I even bother to eat and drink junk. I feel more satisfied when I eat my Protein like I'm supposed to.

I was sleeved Oct 2011, lost 80 lbs and am currently 143, want to lose only 10 lbs and have been on the 5:2 for about 6 weeks. I'm committed too! Do eithr of you have a FitBit?

I have totally gained about 6 lbs since reaching my goal. I have had a lot of stress with the loss of a cat and children blaming others bc the cat got out. It so stressful and plus starting to work for a friend as and in home health provider, she and her friend eat and drink tons of carbs and junk. So I got hooked on sugar again. In the past few days I've readjusted my eating. Instead of eating more than I need, I tell myself to stop. It helps and also need to get back to the 5:2 eating regime......that helps a lot. I am also exercising a bit more now. :P We can do this and let's practice being grateful that we caught our gains early on and that we got this under control now.... :P

<p>I was sleeved Oct 2011, lost 80 lbs and am currently 143, want to lose only 10 lbs and have been on the 5:2 for about 6 weeks. I'm committed too! Do eithr of you have a FitBit?</p>

I don't use fitbit but everyone seems to like it. I may need to do 5:2. Need to find the website again. Might try substituting one meal with a Protein Drink.

I have totally gained about 6 lbs since reaching my goal. I have had a lot of stress with the loss of a cat and children blaming others bc the cat got out. It so stressful and plus starting to work for a friend as and in home health provider, she and her friend eat and drink tons of carbs and junk. So I got hooked on sugar again. In the past few days I've readjusted my eating. Instead of eating more than I need, I tell myself to stop. It helps and also need to get back to the 5:2 eating regime......that helps a lot. I am also exercising a bit more now. :P We can do this and let's practice being grateful that we caught our gains early on and that we got this under control now.... :P

My size 6 clothes have gotten super tight. I refuse to go back up. You know people are watching us. Remember the people who loved to tell you about someone they knew who didn't lose weight after the surgery? Plus I feel horrible when I don't eat right.

At first I didn't gain any weight but I wasn't as tone. People would always comment on how tiny my waist was but it's not like that after gaining 12 pounds so it's time to get serious.

Logged back on the MyFitnessPal which I haven't done in awhile. Now I already see the problem. It's 2 pm and I've already eaten 1000 calories in two meals. Aargh!

Did the same thing! Lost 100 since 2010. At year 3 gradually added back about 27 lbs. used 5:2, MFP and discipline to get it off and another 10! Now, I've gotten in the carbs for the last couple weeks! Lol. Still doing 5:2, though, so I'm holding but want to lose another 5 pounds!

We can do it!!! Good luck. You know what to do. :)

I haven't gained yet, but I can't seem to stop eating carbs! So I need to get back on track so I don't gain. I with you starting tomorrow.

I recommit too, I have fallen off as well and need help to get back on track.

I didn't do very well this weekend but I'm not bringing anymore junk in the house.

I didn't do very well this weekend but I'm not bringing anymore junk in the house.

Yes, that's one of my keys to success. I don't bring in what I can't control. I have a few food items that just scream my name if they are here. If I really want them I eat them while out. Or, I have it at hone when giving a party and send the leftovers home with someone.

I'm with you guys. I'm not sure I've re gained yet. scale varies about 3 lbs sometimes. I'm technically at goal at 133lbs, 110 lost. No excuses but broke up with my boyfriend, started a new job with some occasionally catty co-workers, & think I'm able to eat more. I see all these skinny people eating like boys & I'm like why not me? I ate a jimmy johns sandwich & chips in 2 sittings. It was 1300 additional calories I did not need. I can't do as they do. The white carb is not my BFF anymore, my health is. I'm with u guys. I'm getting a lap chole on 3/18& thinking about doing pre op diet again but am concerned that Vitamin e in Protein Shakes may cause bleeding ( nearly bled out after sleeve without explanation). Stay strong, Sleevers!!!

Don't worry about what other people think - I think that is too much pressure to feel "watched". I think just focusing on our own health is the way to go!

I have had a weird food bender last week or two. I have gained weight incredibly fast but other times the scale has held steady even when I think I am overeating... weird.

Anyway, I think this is a normal part of maintenance the key is just getting things back in good control ASAP! Happy Monday!