Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Panniculectomy in 2 weeks.

I guess I'll start and keep this thread to monitor this portion of the new me journey.

My first question(s) relate to compression garment. Not getting a lot of help from

My Dr office. They have me vendors but no help on what kind of garment

I'm "only" getting the panni.... Do I need the whole panty like snap between the legs thing or will the abdominal binder be enough?

I weigh 145 pounds, size small (4) clothes so in guessing to get size small binder as well??

I guess I'll start and keep this thread to monitor this portion of the new me journey.

My first question(s) relate to compression garment. Not getting a lot of help from

My Dr office. They have me vendors but no help on what kind of garment

I'm "only" getting the panni.... Do I need the whole panty like snap between the legs thing or will the abdominal binder be enough?

I weigh 145 pounds, size small (4) clothes so in guessing to get size small binder as well??

Hi Vogue. Congratulations on your up coming surgery!

I'm not sure about the panni binder question. Because there is no muscle involvement, I'm inclined to think just a binder will work. I really believe your surgeon needs to give you more direction and I'm concerned that it's not a good sign for post op care if S/he is not.

Like you, pre-op I was size 4 and small. My compression garments, however are a large. They are the ones that snap in the crotch. There has certainly been times I thought I was going to swell right out of it! Now that the swelling is reducing, the top slides down but it's still giving good compression to my abdomen. Back to needing more direction from your surgeon.

My garments were included in my surgery so they fit me into it.

No doubt some panni people will have clearer information on compression garments.

Good luck!

Ask Cowgirljane, she has good info on compression garments.

I would think that during your surgery they would put one on you. That is how I have always seen it done and that is the one you will use until he tells you not too. I would question a surgeon who couldn't be specific about what it is I need to wear after surgery.

I would think that during your surgery they would put one on you. That is how I have always seen it done and that is the one you will use until he tells you not too. I would question a surgeon who couldn't be specific about what it is I need to wear after surgery.

He told me to bring one to hospital with me but wasn't specific on brand/ style. Basically said find one that works for me

post-170380-0-97126500-1394452030_thumb.jpg

This is the compression garment I chose. I hope it will suffice. I'm not getting full TT, just panni so I didn't think the full suit was warranted

This time next week I'll be in surgery. Getting a lil nervous.

I stocked up on Protein drinks and am trying to catch up on housework, etc. prepare a few extra meals to freeze.

Gotta get hubby to take "before" pictures

Personally I would say to not get the binder - I had both and the binders used to move and were so uncomfortable.

I had an inverted T Tummy Tuck in 2010 and in the end because of previous surgeries the tummy muscles were not touched but - I had the swimming costume type compression garment from design veronique

Once in the garment - NO pain...... Ok so my muscles werent touched but - as soon as you are in compression it stops all that swelling and makes you feel protected.... I would always say it is the best :)

Looked like this (But mine was black)

http://showcase.designveronique.com/designveronique/index.php/shop/postsurgical/mid-body/zippered-torso-brief.html

Good luck to you - We are all with you holding your hand and will wait for your return :)

(EDIT: That's what you get for going to answer the door - By the time I returned you had answered - lol)

I am sure you will be fine either way - Fab!

Edited by Scamp

How exciting for you!!!

My surgeon have me two compression garments, one black and one nude, from this company:

Marena

www.marenagroup.com

They have been great for comfort.

Can you see the grommets in the zipper line? Thoughtful details when you're in swell hell :)

post-134789-0-58403400-1394477659_thumb.jpg

post-134789-0-76996900-1394477625_thumb.jpg

No quick bathroom access?

Definitely nope. Ha! You do get good at it. I am happy to out if it at night.

No quick bathroom access?

Which brings up another point. I'm back to having some incontinence issues.... Even more reason to stick binder type for now at least

Surgery in 72 hours. I'm nervous

i had the panny done 6 weeks ago and only used the white binder provided by the hosiptal. dont think much more then that was really needed. :)

That's pretty much what I thought

How have ya been doing post-op?

Healing well? Swelling down ? How was pain ?

Edited by vogue

Vogue, good luck with your Panni on Monday!

Im having a fleur de lis TT on Tuesday. I know what you mean about nervous. House was scrubbed clean this morning and Im cooking two dinners on the stove..and its only now just after 10am. :o

Vogue, good luck with your Panni on Monday! Im having a fleur de lis TT on Tuesday. I know what you mean about nervous. House was scrubbed clean this morning and Im cooking two dinners on the stove..and its only now just after 10am. :o

Thanks. I'm cooking extra food and putting in the freezer because my kids think extra food = food Fest for today.

Now the weather is calling for a storm on Monday and the hospital is 45 minutes away on a good day. If they close schools it'll be fine, I can leave much earlier and the kids will be home. If delayed opening I will be a worried wreck. May let them stay home regardless.

My surgery is at 10, I'm supposed to be at hospital by 8am. Surgery plus post-op is supposed to be. 4- 5 hours. I'll be home by dinner if all goes well

Gonna get my husband to take before pictures this evening.