Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APRIL Bandits' Exercise Challenge!

Julie: Woooooooohooooooo! a half marathon! YOU GO GIRL!

Julie and Betty: Thanks you two for answering me so quickly! I had a bout of gas pain before lunch and managed to walk it off with gasX strips. I went home at lunch and relaxed in the recliner.

My doc only had me on Clear Liquids for 24 hours... then he said I could have Soup thinned with milk, so I've been living on Reduced sodium tomatoe soup thinned with Hood Calorie Countdown Milk.. add in some pizza seasonings and I'm good to go.... today is the day I am allowed to progress to thicker liquids.. like pudding and yogurt... Nothing to chew until he ok's it. (first pre-op is this Friday)

Also to get Protein I've been having ONE bottle of Isopure per day (40 grams of protein) I'm kind of scared to progress to full fledge mushies so soon... I want that band CEMENTED in place! LOL

I know its been said over and over........ but I can not get over the lack of food that actually satisfies me........ ME.. the girl that could eat an entire PIZZA! full after a half cup of soup!!!!!!!! (I know it will get harder when the swelling goes down, but DAaaaaang it sure is nice right now!

I'm going to walk the block 1 time tonight and see how I feel.

Julie you are awesome, you go girl!

Tracey you are doing so great! Keep it up :rolleyes:

I am over the omgosh I can eat phenomenon and am now sitting here with no amount of any real restriction. Early in the day I have some but by evening it's almost all gone. I am however taking advantage of this lack of restriction to fill up even my head! on veggies and fruit. Big salads with under 50 calories! and bowls of melon, yumm. I think tomorrow I might een try an apple! I just can't eem to do under 1000 caloires withou the restriction but I am staying below 1500 and eating all good healthy calories! Maybe having this period of healthy food at a little higher calorie range will help jump start my metabolism a little and help me lose a little more regularly, who knows. My scale isn't moving but my clothes are fitting differently, so I know I am losing inches. Tomorrow is a new month and I have to get to the gym and get in that habit again! These last two weeks I got way to slack, so I'm kicking myself in the heiny to get me moving again :) Who's starting the new months thread, Julie? Boo?

Congrats to all of our baby bandsters for having restriction. Isn't it grand to not be hungry?

I'm off to the gym for my final workout. I'll post when I get home!

(Lost a pound this morning and had about ten compliments at work. ALSO, two men WINKED at me today - hahaha! I didn't know they did that anymore.)

Tracy,

I want to do a little experiment with you to try and save you some anxt that might be (hopefully isn't, but might be) ahead. You game? You already know everything in this message, but I'm going to say it all in a particular order.

OK, here goes. Think about this feeling that you're having right now -- the feeling of being full on just a little bit of food feeling. Think about it really hard and remember it. Now, believe me on what I'm about to tell you. Ready?

You are probably going to lose that feeling very soon -- maybe even within a few days. When you lose it, it's going to be scary and you're going to doubt whether you'll ever get that feeling back. Now, comes the good part -- YOU WILL get it back. You will. I promise. You'll just have to wait it out until you get a good fill level, then you'll have it back and it'll carry you through a lot of weight loss.

Why is this crazy girl bursting my balloon of low-cal happiness, you ask? Because I want you to have the easiest time possible through "bandster hell" and I hope that if you preempt the feelings of fear and doubt that naturally come when you lose that feeling of easy fullness (by believing you can get them back), that you'll have an easier time. No matter how much we prepare, losing that feeling of easy fullness is always scary and traumatic. I want that to be minimized for you. Believe me -- you'll get it back. Read this post again if you get scared down the road when you lose that feeling, ok?

WOOHOO! Go Tracy! You're on the road to recovery. I can't to watch your progress.

Molly,

Why don't YOU start the new thread! I think a different member should start it every month, when possible. Of course, if you don't log on before noon or so, I'm likely to start it because I can't keep my big "mouth" shut about whatever is going on, but if you log on first, please start it!

Julie

Well, I only got thru part of my marathon day..........did my NIA and Core classes and realized I had this scratchy sore throat and a headache........first time I've been sick in over a year.........last time it was in March (I had my band surgery date in March, got sick and had to postpone it to April - just think.......if that would not have happened I would not have met you all!!!!...... and maybe still have been a couch potatoe....)............so went home before the end of my marathon day! I feel lousy, been drinking tea all afternoon and eve and am now going to hit the sack.

See you all on the April Bandit's May Challenge.

I just finished this month's challenge at 10:00. Now, on to May and more weight loss fun!

Tracy, I hope you don't have any problems with tomatoes and seasonings. Anything with a Tomato base or spices caused me great pain for nearly the entire year.