Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What am i doing wrong?

Blondiee, thx for your reply, I really appreciate it. Have you been released to workout yet?

Yes, I was cleared to work out at my 6 week check up. I do cardio 5X a week....either my treadmill or elliptical and I just started the 30 squat challenge( the easy one)!

What's the 30 squat challenge??? If I lose any more weight in my ass I won't have one! I gotta build some cheeks!!!

Lipstick Lady,

You think 1/2cup cooked scrambled egg is a lot? My NUT said this amount is appropriate for how far along I am. What is head hunger?

Lipstick lady,

I use an app called "eat slower" and I take a bite (from a toddler spoon" and wait a minute and a half to take a bite, so I'm only occasionally eating too fast. It's a good point that my stomach is still numb.... Good point

Blondiee,

Awesome job on working out!! When we're u sleeved?

I am only an expert on *me*. :) I was allowed 2-3 tablespoons MAX at your stage, which was about 1/2 an egg. That's all I could hold, too. At ten months, I can now hold an entire egg with some cheese but that egg better be scrambled soft. I cannot eat an entire hard boiled egg yet.

Is 1/2 a lot for you? I don't know, but I'm inclined to say it's close to a lot.

Head hunger is when your fat brain is telling you you want more, but your new tummy doesn't necessarily need more. I still cook more/serve more than I need and have to make a point of evaluating what I've put on my plate before I eat. Most often I put some back because while my head might say it's right, I know my tummy won't agree.

Zou, you were sleeved about a week ahead of me so I have started pureed this week and what I can tell you is I also am finding it difficult to "feel" my stop point. I use a baby spoon and I have a very small bowl (my husband is a potter so he actually made this for me) that holds about 1/3 c of food. I am learning to be the burp whisperer (LOL) and take my time. This understanding will take time and practice. My NUT at this point wants me to eat 1 c of pureed divided into four 1/4 cup servings in addition to my shakes and I tell ya, I have not been able to do it yet. Because I started pureed this week, I am just enjoying the flavor of real food (albeit in almost liquid form) that it is easier for me to slow down.

Guess I am just trying to echo what many have said in that we are still healing, nerves are still not sending all the signals they usually do, and we are dealing with a MUCH smaller organ with a tighter range for fill :)

Hang in there chica, we got this.

Blondiee, thx for your reply, I really appreciate it. Have you been released to workout yet?

Yes, I was cleared to work out at my 6 week check up. I do cardio 5X a week....either my treadmill or elliptical and I just started the 30 squat challenge( the easy one)!

What's the 30 squat challenge??? If I lose any more weight in my ass I won't have one! I gotta build some cheeks!!!

Yes indeed! I don't want to have a flat rear end after I'm done losing this weight...uh uh!!! :)

I don't know how to post an image here or I'd provide the chart for the 30 day squat challenge. Basically you do a set number of squats per day and work your way up to 175 at the end of 30 days.

Day 1 - 30 squats

Day 2 - 50 squats

Day 3 - 75 squats

Day 4 - 60 squats

Day 5 - rest

Google it and lot's of images/charts will come up showing you how many and how to proceed.

Edited by Blondiee

Dragonsmate,

Excellent points....and good reminder about nerves etc. I tend to forget and want to be more advanced than I am, it's my downfall.

What are you eating on pureeds? I would live some new ideas :) I'm living on scrambled eggs with melted cheese.< /p>

I ate mashed avocado or guacamole, hummus (with a spoon), cream cheese, Greek yogurt, mashed potato and gravy (allowed once a day 1/4 cup), cream Soups blended like black bean or chicken and stars, pudding with Protein Powder, refried Beans with a bit of Water to thin, tuna salad blended to purée, peanut butter...

Lipsticklady,

Yum I will try those suggestions. I can't have Beans, not tolerating them at all. My NUT said today actually that 1/2 cup cooked scrambled eggs is appropriate at this time and it doesn't feel like too much, so I will go with that :)

Oh and I can't have Peanut Butter yet

Are you eating too fast and maybe missing your sign that you're full?

This happened to me the past few weeks - I started eating faster, not chewing as much and taking bigger bites. That all leads to eating more. My body hasn't had time to tell my brain to stop and I barreled right thru those signs (I get a runny nose sometimes or I do a hiccup/burp thing or sometimes I feel a poke).

I went back to eating with my Eat Slower app on my phone - I set it to 45 seconds between bites, I turned off the TV and I sat in silence while I ate. I was surprised at how I was again able to feel the sign and stop eating. It may be worth a shot.

Another thing to consider is acid - are you on an acid reducer? Sometimes I'll feel hunger when I really shouldn't and i realize it's not hunger, it's acid. I hope a Pepcid and that feeling goes away.

Another question...sorry, things are popping in my mind as I type - did your doctor give you recommended serving sizes? My doc's instructions early on were to measure everything and remember, you don't have to eat it all. That takes some discipline - I want to finish everything on my plate. Also, another tip - don't take longer than 20-30 minutes to eat your meal. I let myself eat for 20 minutes - taking my tiny timed bites, then stop.

Mcbutterpants,

Good points, thx!

The only serving size I was given was 1/2 c scrambled eggs is fine. And eat 3 meals and 2 Snacks and I should be eating 900 calories T this point. Now I've had more of my Protein Shake today and I'm not hungry at all tonight, which up to today I would be super hungry at this point, so I think Protein intake is my key

Zou, check out this website: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

The ricotta bake is amazing!

Other things include refried beens mixed with enchilada sauce-but I just noticed ur entry about beans; I get some of the Soups from Panera or Jason's Deli and put them in my single-serve blender...have not tried egg salad or tuna salad in the blender yet but that and roasted cauliflower pureed Soup are on the list of things to try :)

Lulah,

I definately need to be more mindful of my Protein intake, it's my downfall for sure. As for the hungry thing, I think it is a 3week post op thing. I just called my NUT who said its normal to be hungry shortly after a meal bc our tummies empty a lot faster than before. My NUT also recommends 3 mealS and 2 Snacks a day, but of coursE Protein firSt :) I'm soooo sick of oureedS I could cRy :) what did u eat on oureeds? I'm living on scrambled eggs with melted cheese :)

On puree's I ate mostly greek yogurt lots of protein there, cottage cheese, sugar free pudding and Jello, Protein shakes and scrambled eggs of course. I did try some flakey fish towards the end of my puree stage and chewed it like it was nobody's business lol. It went down fine. My NUT just says to be mindful of my Water intake, don't miss any Vitamin dose and try to get protein in, she said there is no way with my tiny tummy I could expect to meet hard and fast goals at this point. So far so good!