Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will i ever be warm again?

Hi, I know I'm only on my 2nd wk post op BUT I am Freezing all the time! I cannot get warm. Is anyone else having this issue & how do you deal with it? Will it ever get better?? Thanks!

Its a very common phenomenon. You may or may not ever be warm again like you used it. Its very hard for the body to regulate temp when you are losing so quickly. There is much more to your fat cells than just fat, Hormones have alot to do with this.

Best thing I can advise is get a little heater for your office and dress in layers.

Good luck,

and as I say these are skinny bitch problems LOL

I ask that question all the time.....15 months out and always freezing...The insulation is all but gone...So now the extra blankets, heavy sweaters and warm fires in the wood stove.....Really did not count on this as I have always been toooooooooo hot all the time..... :)

I'm not freezing, but rather finally feel cool enough. Prior to surgery it was like I had daily hot flashes so this is a nice change. i have heard of many folks saying that they're cold all the time now. Interesting side effect.

I used to be warm all the time as well. I haven't lost much weight yet-actually hardly any.. maybe trying to stay warm will burn some calories!! Lol

My hot flashes are almost gone and I am thrilled!

I just started my 4th week post op and have ben freezing as well. My hospital has a support group and we talked about this the other day. My hands are always so cold.

<p>I just started my 4th week post op and have ben freezing as well. My hospital has a support group and we talked about this the other day. My hands are always so cold.</p>

What did they say? I guess it must be common..

i'm always cold ALWAYS i got so many jumpers in sale this winter thick heat holding thermal socks thermal under garments and long sleeve tops and i layer all the time legging under jeans still lol

best friend came round today now shes always felt colder than most she comments its kinda warm today huh i say what?!?! its frigging freezing!

she laughs at me because clearly we body swopped when i had the op and she had her baby as i am always cold shes always saying isn;t it warm i was sweating to today lol

Funny I always say to my family is it cold in here or is it just me? They now answer me when i start Is it cold... Funny

I sleep like a baby in a cloud of warm fuzzy blankets..with an arcylic blanket, sheets and down blanket for the winter and now I make sure to have a throw on my shoulders too. During the day I make sure to have a warm sweater or jacket just to be safe.

I am always cold! Furry jammies and slippers at night, extra covers on the bed and I wear a scarf constantly during the day...

But better that than the hot, sweaty little person who had been known to wear flip flops in the snow. It was to keep cool on a visit to my rheumy. Should have seen his face!

Almost 3 years out and I am still freezing most of the time, I freeze where I shiver a lot of the time. My hands and feet are always cold and, yes, all my blood work results are right where they should be. I wear layers and it doesn't help much. I will take being freezing over the hot sweaty mess I used to be any day. Not being hot and sweating is one of the best results of having my sleeve!

It seems like a lot of those saying their cold live in cold climates I wonder in the winter are you still cold....or people who live in like Hot Texas or Florida

I live in Texas and last Saturday the temp was in the 70's and I was still trying to wear a short , cute leather jacket. I was cold . I felt silly and took it off but again it was in the 70's.

4 weeks out and I'm always cold. Wrapped in blankets by the fireplace. When I go to bed I have to put the heating pad by my feet. My fingers, toes and nose are like ice.