Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

$ & Emotional Stress?

Ok so ladies, I am having a mind blowing day, I am a single mom of 2 kids, with a menial job which I do ok at but my boss is a real jerk and doesn't give out yearly raises so I haven't had one in 6 years now, he normally gives out bonuses and didn't this year, and so I am just financially strapped with everything else I have been through this year. I am getting ready to start my 2 week pre-op diet next week on Wednesday the 5th and my surgery is scheduled for the 19th, I am stressing out today because the pre-op diet that my doctor requires us to use and we buy from his office costs $230.00, I have so much going on right now, and I just want to feel ok, but I don't. Then I am just like can't the 19th get here already? I just want all this to happen so fast and now that I have a date for my surgery it feels like everyday is dragging along like it's never going to come. I am sick of feeling so low of myself. Does anyone else feel this way and if you have any advice for me please send it my way as I am sick of being stressed out!!! :wacko:

Breathe...this too shall pass! You are very much understandably nervous and stressed. In the end it's all worth it. You will look back and can't believe how different life is now from what it's doing to be in the future. I was very much a bundle of anxiety. I tried my best to calm down by warm baths and trying to take walks. We are here for u! This too will pass and u are going to do great!!!

thanks ajustice, I am a bundle of anxiety right now, and I am like why am I having all this going through my head, I had the lapband surgery already so I know pretty much what to expect, I am just anxious to get it done? I want to feel better about myself, and move forward with my new life and let go of my old. I just let so much get to me and I shouldn't. Thanks for the kind words and I will have to try what you have. I would love to go out walking but it is freezing outside and I really hate the cold, so I don't know if I will get to that today or in the next few days being in the low 20's and windy as heck out, I don't want to freeze, lol. As for the warm bath, that sounds like a great idea, I might just do that tonight, and soak!!! Thanks again!!!

thanks ajustice, I am a bundle of anxiety right now, and I am like why am I having all this going through my head, I had the lapband surgery already so I know pretty much what to expect, I am just anxious to get it done? I want to feel better about myself, and move forward with my new life and let go of my old. I just let so much get to me and I shouldn't. Thanks for the kind words and I will have to try what you have. I would love to go out walking but it is freezing outside and I really hate the cold, so I don't know if I will get to that today or in the next few days being in the low 20's and windy as heck out, I don't want to freeze, lol. As for the warm bath, that sounds like a great idea, I might just do that tonight, and soak!!! Thanks again!!!

I think it's totally normal. Even tho u had the lap band u know RNY has a little bit more to it and is going to change life a lot. I was so scared and right up until the time they were wheeling me in I was like wtf am I doing? There are a lot of people who have these same feeling I just don't want u to feel u are alone and u are at the best place to vent and share. As for the boss...jackasses will always be jackasses! :) happy hump day!!!

I think it's totally normal. Even tho u had the lap band u know RNY has a little bit more to it and is going to change life a lot. I was so scared and right up until the time they were wheeling me in I was like wtf am I doing? There are a lot of people who have these same feeling I just don't want u to feel u are alone and u are at the best place to vent and share. As for the boss...jackasses will always be jackasses! :) happy hump day!!!

Very true about jackasses!!! Thanks that sort of makes me feel better about the feelings I am having cause I am such a hardass that I try to be hard at everything and I forget that I can be scared and when I do get nervous or scared it gets me all blah, and I freak out, lol. So let me ask you after you had your surgery how long did it take for you to notice that you were loosing weight and what did you do to get to your new weight?

I'm not quiet 10 mon and I'm at goal. I had to take pics. Lots of pics. I think a lot will agree on here that at 1st it's the pics that show the proof. Couldn't see it in the mirror but I took pics the weekly anniversary for my surg and then every month. It was amazing watching it. I couldn't see it at 1st and I was so hard on myself thinking I was doing as good as others. There finally came a point where I had clothes falling off. The brain takes the longest to catch up. I had a lot of emotional ups and downs afterwards. The pics helped. Even when I stalled it seemed that's when I noticed another size going down. Please if I can tell u anything is don't measure your success or lack of by comparing yourself to others. I hurt my own feelings so many times like that and it was for nothing. :) as DL says...your gonna love the new you!!! Take your pics girl and get ready to have your mind blown!!!

ajustice,

ThanksI I plan on it plus my man will tell me all the time, cause he is so supportive in all this he is so happy that I am finally doing something for myself, and getting healthy!!! I will absolutely measure my journey by my own success and by lots and lots of Pictures!!! LOL Thanks again for everything!!! :D