Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any1 scared it wouldnt "work?"

I'm 2 weeks out and not losing...but I have to believe! This is about believing in yourself, being strong and persevering! It will be a long but rewarding "mental" journey. I've realized this is so much about me thinking positively, encouraging myself and getting rid of the negative self talk... I'm trying hard not to buy into the "fear of failure" but to slow down and keep working at this..

thanks chica...thats a positive update....I did need it...at the hospital they told me..u didnt loose with the band..but the weight loss in sleeve is 110%.

Lets be positive...the weight will come down.

Every time to this date I step on the scale I still amazed when I drop a lb. because I can often feel full from dinner the night before. As long as you follow the rules the odds are in your favor.

Yes, I am worried every day that this will not work for me. But as I am getting ready for surgery I'm thinking I will be able to eat only so little there is no way I will not lose weight since my body got used to getting so much more! I will have to discipline myself every single day.

I am 8 weeks out and just hit my first stall. I am scared sh*tless! I failed with the band and all those destructive thoughts crept right in! If I was not on this website or on ObesityHep.com I would be having a nervous break down right now. I started at 255 and I am hovering 225 so I am freaked out!

I know the stall will pass and I MUST keep following the rules but yes I want to go back to liquids! I lost so much faster then. But I am still so happy with the choice I have made this time around! I love my sleeve!

I am one of the ones that has not had much success. I lost the first 2 months but have now gone 2 months without losing anything. I fear that I have lost my very last pound. I exercise 4 - 5 days a week, take in less than 1200 cals a day, drink/eat my protein... The only thing I am not up to snuff on is the Water. I am not the majority though. Only you can decide if this a risk you are willing to take, pro's and con's.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't lost in 2 months. I'm curious what your doctor attributes it to..? It sounds like you are following the plan and working out a lot. You must be noticing a change in the way your clothes fit..and feeling healthy..? It takes a lot of discipline to workout that often and stay on your Protein. I give you a lot of credit for that- remember it's a long journey and this is only one little part of it. Hang in there !!!

I am one of the ones that has not had much success. I lost the first 2 months but have now gone 2 months without losing anything. I fear that I have lost my very last pound. I exercise 4 - 5 days a week, take in less than 1200 cals a day, drink/eat my protein... The only thing I am not up to snuff on is the Water. I am not the majority though. Only you can decide if this a risk you are willing to take, pro's and con's.

Oy, emsgma! I am so sorry to hear this. I would be out of my mind. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. All I have to offer is the good juju I am sending your way. I hope your stall ends, like tomorrow!

I'm in the same boat. The scale has not moved in 6 weeks. Its like the last 22lb does NOT want to come off.

I, too, stick to 1200 calories. Walk/dance a fair amount. Admittedly I have the off pint of Guinness - but I log everything now, just to make sure.

Seems like I shall remain at a BMI of 28 for the rest of my days...

All very depressing.

I am scared every time that I get on the scale! Diet failure is what I expect after years of trying to lose.

I think stalls are hormones rebalancing!

Edited by BlondeBanshee

As I prep for this major decision after dealing w weight issues for a lifetime, I've spent a ton of time on here. Every day I'm amazed by the success everyone has had. I'm wondering if any of you with such huge amounts of weight loss really were afraid before you got the sleeve that it just wouldn't work? For whatever reason, despite the statistics, that you'd be the one in a million who didn't lose weight? The thought keeps creeping up in my mind :(

I didn't have a huge amount to lose, although 85 lbs was say more than I'd ever lost prior to surgery.....I did have fleeting thoughts that if failure was possible, I might be the one. Realistically, I KNEW I'd lose weight, 85% of my tummy was being removed, but still. Paranoia prevails sometimes!

even I am scared...I notice the day I eat less Proteins the scale moves up....so we have to watch your food Water and exercise..its a life time effort...isnt 1200 cal too much???I think 700 to 900 cals is ideal.

we will do it. be fit and healthy...all the best to you all.