Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad day !

Im curious if anyone has ever had a bad day like I did yesterday ! From morning until night I couldnt eat or drink anything...I mean my Protein Shake wouldn't even go down....water got stuck ! I'm usually tight in the mornings and by lunch things move better. My last fill was the end of January and I have abt 5.5ccs in my band now. I have never had a day like this before. I was beginning to get scared. Today has been much better...I can drink and it goes down....I ate some yogurt and that was fine as well. I'm so thankful for a better day. I will be doing full liquids for the next few days just to let things settle down from my bad day.....any thoughts or experiences like this ??

I've never had an experience as extreme as nothing will go down but I do occasionally have a few days where I have to use coffee or Water to aid food to slide through and chew a lot of course.

It's understandable once you get to the green zone or close to it. Your stomach is just another muscle so if you're retaining weight(sodium for us guys, TOM for girls) or if you have a little stomach bug, or even air pressure all can cause the lining in your stomach to inflame. This makes your stoma smaller and can cause a complete blockage where you need a small .1 unfill.

tmf

Think of the band as if it's a ring on your finger. Some days that ring is very tight and others it might fly off if you tired to throw a rock.

Think of the band as if it's a ring on your finger. Some days that ring is very tight and others it might fly off if you tired to throw a rock.

I didn't think abt the swelling...my fingers do swell a lot depending on my sodium intake....I usually can't eat a good portion until late afternoon...I've tried to use coffee and a heating pad to loosen me up in the mornings but that hasn't seemed to work much...but I'm ok with my shake and then yogurt in the mornings and if I get hungry I snack on some nuts....but I got worried because Water just felt like it wasn't going down...I felt like I had a bubble in my throat....I'm going to try watching my sodium intake and see if that helps me with my swelling ! Thanks

my doctor one of the first things she wanted from me was a ring on my finger. if the ring is tight just assume that your band might be a bit tight and eat accordingly. I now know what ppl are talking about when they say the band is effected in the morning, and the weather and especially stress. I have changed my salt from speciality salt to just regular little umbrella girl and I seem to be able to regulate the amount of sodium better. I loved the Himalayan pink salt so much but I really think it was making me swell a bit more because I couldn't regulate it as well. I tried some ice cream last night. and even it just wouldn't go down. it wasn't stuck it just stayed in the pouch creating slime. it eventually just came up. I think I am as far as I am going with fills. I have 2mos. before I have to decide. but this is getting more difficult than I care to handle. I want to be like b52. lol. but he would say hold the course be patient and you will come out the other side happier.

I find if my Water consumption isn't good, my band is tight. I usually drink coffee in the am as well.

If you cant eat or drink, some Fluid needs to be removed. Dehydration is something to worry about in that situation.

I find if my Water consumption isn't good, my band is tight. I usually drink coffee in the am as well. If you cant eat or drink, some Fluid needs to be removed. Dehydration is something to worry about in that situation.

Today has been totally different ! Ive been able to eat and drink...so i don't think I need an unfill...if it would have continued I would have went to the office this afternoon ! It has never happened before...I'm just thankful to be over it...it was scary

I have days I don't eat at all....it all averages out in the end...