Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I JUST WANT TO EAT IM DEPRESSED AND STALLED

Hello Taryn. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and sending positive vibes. Today will be a good day!!!!!!

Doing good so far. I had a Protein Shake this morn. For lunch I tried one saltine and 1/4 cup of chicken salad. I'm going to have another Protein shake later. Glad to hear your day is going good. :-) Awesome for you about going for a walk!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Meintraining

It's wierd how different doctors recommendations are, mine said to not eat crackers until 9 weeks out, and prefers his patients to not eat them at all.

I'm really wondering why saltines are allowed, they have no nutritional value, they are dry and will get stuck in the new opening which is the size of a dime. I am allowed no carbs, veggies or fruit for 6 months. I was instructed to use low/no sugar sauces, salsas, gravy, mayo on my meat to make it slide easily. No white meat of chicken or turkey, to dry, dark meat only. tuna fish with mayo and soft boiled egg chopped up is a good meal, I can only eat about 2 Tablespoons. Love scrambled eggs with cheese and scrimp is great. I am in the soft mushy stage and 2 weeks 5 days post. I do go out to lunch with friends, have scrimp cocktail or Soup and some meat and cheese off a sandwich. Order ice tea, lemon Water or carry crystal light powder in my purse.

I do understand the plateau blues, I gained a pound ???, didn't lose for 2 days then lost 2 pounds. How silly to worry about something so small but I'm still expecting that pound a day loss. Reality has not become normal yet and I am a very impatient person.

I'm really wondering why saltines are allowed, they have no nutritional value, they are dry and will get stuck in the new opening which is the size of a dime. I am allowed no carbs, veggies or fruit for 6 months. I was instructed to use low/no sugar sauces, salsas, gravy, mayo on my meat to make it slide easily. No white meat of chicken or turkey, to dry, dark meat only. tuna fish with mayo and soft boiled egg chopped up is a good meal, I can only eat about 2 Tablespoons. Love scrambled eggs with cheese and scrimp is great. I am in the soft mushy stage and 2 weeks 5 days post. I do go out to lunch with friends, have scrimp cocktail or Soup and some meat and cheese off a sandwich. Order ice tea, lemon Water or carry crystal light powder in my purse.

I do understand the plateau blues, I gained a pound ???, didn't lose for 2 days then lost 2 pounds. How silly to worry about something so small but I'm still expecting that pound a day loss. Reality has not become normal yet and I am a very impatient person.

Saltines were suggested immediately post op because they are easy to chew completely and you can chew them to a paste-like consistency that is healing-pouch friendly. I only ate them on occasion in the beginning. I ended up throwing out the small box 2/3 full. I don't eat saltines ever anymore because there is little nutritional value as you said. Early on our pouches can't handle whole grain hard crackers - too coarse for a healing pouch.

Before my surgery, I read on this forum that there was a guaranteed way to avoid stalls....dont weigh yourself! Its so hard not to weigh in when we are so excited to see our progress, but it saves so much stress! You cant help but follow all the rules in the beginning, so i just weighed in when i went to see my surgeon, NUT, exercise coach, or regular doc. Im sure i had a stall, but i never realized it at the time. Sadly, i know im in one now. Had a couple of appts 3 weeks apart and didnt lose anything:-( not losing inches, either! Avoidance is easier for me than knowing im in a stall....

I will definitely be ur rock and u mine we had surgeries so close we r exactly in same spot and I heard ( repeat heard ) that two Protein shakes a day and crackers will help jump start the plateau we r on so I'm gonna try that tomorrow! My grandma in a month only lost 18 In a month but within a year lost 125 lbs so we WILL DO THIS ( I'll be better once I get happy pills too lol) I did not expect this depression to be so bad did u? I need to head go bed my eyes are heavy and I'm Taryn btw ( like Aaron but with a T) night Hun and chin up and I'll do same and FYI u have helped and please always be real

I'm so sorry your having a rough go if it. It's slow going. I had my surgery Feb 14 and it was a bypass. First week was really hard I'm pain and could hardly drink enough fluids to keep out of dehydration stage. I can honestly tell you. I also went to a weird depression about the loss of my old friend food. We are all social creatures and food was a big part of our lives before. But fear not this too shall pass. Your have to drink you have to get your Protein Shakes in some docs say one a day for 7 weeks same say 3 a day for 7 weeks. Whatever your doc says follow. Some days it's all I can do to get my to shakes in plus my 4-6 16oz of some type of Fluid (warer,crystal light, broth, Popsicles. I'm lucky if I can get 4 16oz of Fluid in a day. I want to know when the heck do I eat??? It's hard trust me it is but you can do it. You can!! Drink,move and keep moving forward. This too will pass and we are all on the road to a new thinner healthier you. :)

Thank u all for info and knowing I'm not alone I barely can drink 2 of the 16oz bottles of Water or what not a day I simply now have no hunger I only drink water and take Vitamins which I know isn't good but I will be two weeks of stalling on Thursday hoping something helps kick start this

You NEED to eat, even if it's not much. You need fuel for your body to be able to lose weight. Most people don't feel hungry. But you have to eat.

Edited by pookybear

Hello Taryn and everyone in the slow losers thread:-)

I finally called the dietician today. I'm a little over 4 weeks postop and she wasn't there at my 2 week follow up visit. Boy was she mad that I hadn't been seen yet. They schedule the follow up with the surgeon and dietician together but when I went she wasn't there. She said they knew she wouldn't be there that day for 3 weeks and she was going to address this situation. It made me feel a little better because I was pretty upset the way they handled it.

I've lost only 7.5 lbs. I have cracked sores in my lips and mouth ulcers. I'm so overly bored with the food choices because they are so redundant. I really needed to see this lady. I still have 2 weeks to go before I go back at the 6 week mark but she intends to do bloodwork to figure out what's going on.

Nobody seems to be too concerned about my not losing weight but I certainly am still devastated. What the Hell did I go through all this for if I was going to stay the same. I went from a vibrant active person to barely able to get off the couch. I'm exhausted! It's weird because pre surgery I would be the one to sleep 4 hours a night and feel fine.

I'm sure all of this will get straightened out. I have to believe that.

Taryn my friend, we've got to encourage you to get that food in. Maybe even a cheese stick or little things. We are in this together so I'm sending some encouragement your way. Let's do this despite the obstacles.

I try but I can't other day I ate one egg for whole day , today three bites tuna that's all I can do . food nauseates me :( what can I do??

If you have to, stick with Soup, applesauce, and other full liquids for a bit longer. It's possible your pouch just isn't ready for foods yet. At least full liquids have some nutrients in them. You may find that after a few days of just that you feel a bit better.