Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does your spouse know how much you weigh?

Yep. He knows. He is the most understanding skinny person I know and have never judged me or the number on the scale. I'm down 20 pounds today (8 days post-op) and I love that he was able to Celebrate with me. He is my greatest supporter.

I was actually thinking about this earlier and wondering if as many women are as modest with their husbands as I am, well when it comes to weight at least! ;)

I've been with my husband for 10 years, married for 5. He has never seen my weight and I've always made him turn his head if he was at a dr appt with me. Everyone I have told thinks it's crazy, but my husband has also never seen me naked before. I'm so uncomfortable in my own body, and definitely not comfortable exposing it to him. Another reason I'm getting WLS, to he comfortable and confident in my own skin for the first time in my life!

I told my husband my weight. Almost 17 weeks out now and down 52 lbs. Started at 250

Yep, I write it down in my food diary which is there for her to see.

And yet we share our weight (and a LOT of other stuff) with other members of Bariatric Pal???

No, I never told my hubby exactly what I weighed pre-surgery. BUT yesterday when I got back on the scale and found I was out of the 2 hundreds I told him that. LOL

I'm tooooo embarrassed to share my weight with him however he steps on scale with me in bathroom all the time. He will even mention at diner or on car rides I weigh xyz I got to get this gut off me and pull my 6 pack back out lol. I would die if he knew my weight as I've NEVER weighed what I've come to weigh. There's no question he knows I'm FAT & OVERWEIGHT as he has eyes lmbo. I have been working hard making better choices becoming more active and can't wait for March 24th to come so that I can be sleeved. We been married for 22 years he's a wonderful man that loves me regardless of what the scale says but it's about me and my embarrassment and shame for allowing myself to get this way. I plan to share my starting weight with my hubby on my 1 year surgery anniversary.

<p>I can't wait till I weigh less than my husband but I'm about 60 pounds away from and even when I do weigh less than him my BMI will still be higher than his but that's because I'm short.</p> <p> </p> <p>I met my husband 15 years ago when I was 15 years old, back then I only weighed 115 lbs. I guess you can say I got a little too comfortable, plus I had a medical condition go undiagnosed for a decade that is known to cause weight gain.</p> <p> </p> <p>So that is why I never told him my weight. He clearly knows I've gained a ton but he has no idea how much exactly. Fortunately he has always stood by my side but I always felt like crap when he introduced me to one of his work buddies. I would wonder what they were thinking, like wtf is he doing with her. When clearly he can be with someone more attractive. :(</p>

Ree omg I totally can relate to the interacting or meeting my husband folks he works with. He got a huge promotion so I hadn't been to the office since I packed on an additional 60lbs so I was beyond myself he insisted I come in say hello and assess his new office to see how to we were going to doctorate it. After I left I couldn't stop wondering what they were thinking when they saw me. I felt like they were thinking OMG she's gained ton of weight she's HUGE!

It's fine because I'm pressing ahead full steam to get my body back to become healthier and MUCH lighter. I plan on taking full advantage of my sleeve LITTERALLY!!

The cat was out of the bag pretty early in our relationship (2 months?) as I was hospitalized and my weight was written on a dry erase board in my hospital room

My boyfriend and I have been living together for 3 years I'd guess. He is a big strapping guy at 6'3" and around 240 lbs. He likes his women thick/chubby so he enjoys me at a larger size and days 'You're shrinking' I worry a little cuz I know he hasn't been with a girl less than a size 12/14 and that's his pref is big girls. I would be perfectly happy as a size 12 though! Right now I am about a 16 or a small size 18. I am only 3 months out so there.is more . to lose. He says he loves me when I ask him if I am getting too small. He is awesome.

I told my husband my high weight - I've been hiding the number from him for 17 years. I was silently embarrassed that he and I have weighed the same for the past 10 years. He had no clue I got to 256 pounds - he was so shocked at that. I cried when I told him. He understood at that point that I had to go thru this surgery for my health. It wasn't about wanting to be skinny - he knew I was in danger. I now share my weight with him every week (even during this fu*&ing stall!!!!!!!).

I certainly relate to your comments. In my case, I had gained and lost a significant amount of weight in the past 25 years. About seven years ago, I lost over a hundred pounds...but my husband still never knew what my weight was. As I slowly slid up and up, he has made comments very rarely, but indicated he was aware / noticed my struggle. I am very unhappy being a fat person. Something HAD to change. When I went to my doctor in June and stepped on the scale and was hit full in the face with my over two hundred pound weight, I finally shared with him. It was an important step for me to stop hiding from it myself and with him. I introduced the idea of WLS, which he wasn't keen on...but in the end, with my doctors support, I made the decision to sleeve, which I am grateful for every day. So with each pound I've lost this time around I share. Now he is trying to lose the 15 pounds he doesn't want(LOL)...and is trying to eat along with me. It is fun. Who knew?

I think for me, not telling my husband was more about denial - yes, he knew I was fat and unhealthy, but I think sharing my weight with him, meant I had to acknowledge that same fact to myself.

Nope, he doesn't know. He knew my weight when we were first together b/c it was a healthy weight but as I gained/lost over the years I was too embarrassed. I will probably tell him once I reach my goal.

How could she not, I've bitched for 2 straight weeks about being 305 still :-)

No. Initially I told him how much I lost during my 6 month pre-surgery weight loss, but now that surgery is over, I'm not telling him anything. I'll tell him sizes I'm down, but that's about it. I'm embarrassed to see what I weighed before...how can I share that with anyone else.