Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 25 anyone?

Hours to go!!! I'm first one in the morning. Have to leave at 4am to get there by 5am (6am Eastern). Can't wait till its over and done with! This pre-op diet was difficult. Even today I went to a meeting and they had bite sized candy bars available. I picked up a Mounds and held it for a while before finally putting it back....argh!!!!

Soon.....soon.

Hey Bpal family, I'm fine. Just sore and tired/sleepy.

Sweetcheeks, how ya doing honey?

Sweetcheeks, how ya doing honey?

Hey SandeeD,

I'm hanging in there, just sore as welll. Just got up to walk around and catheter removed. Making progress. Yesterday was most difficult didn't get out of recovery until after 7pm.

Hi!! I'm good!! My surgery was moved to 12:30... Then an emergency came in earlier and he had to operate on her. (Who is my room mate from hell!) lucky me! Ha

So I went in at 4:15 and woke up at 6:26pm. In my room by 8:30.

Because of my room mate I was up walking around to get away from her so I slept maybe 2 hours!

But all is good! Going for my dye test around 9/10 ish.

Just got home from the hospital. I'm a bit sore, but no real pain. I was thankful that they didn't use a catheter on me. I didn't seem to have any gas pains thank goodness, and didn't take any of the narcotic pain killers they prescribed. I just want to heal as fast as I can. The West Georgia Medical Center was beautiful, and the people that waited on me treated me like a well-loved family member. Even the custodians were exceptionally pleasant. Dr. Turton was great. I couldn't have asked for better.

Had a great experience, and didn't even have to go to Mexico!!!

Now I have one month to go and I can start eating some of my favorite foods again, such as scrambled eggs, grits, and other soft foods.

Congrats for all that have had the Sleeve this week and last week!

I'm home too as well today, but unfortunately my experience I was in a great deal of pain yesterday, I had pain medicine and nausea like clock work....lol

My night nurse was excellent, but I can't say the same for my day nurse, she was a real pain. I have extreme nausea and can't keep my liquids down, my doctor says it is normal.

I hope this vomiting and soreness stops soon :-(

I've hears that pain and vomiting are very common. My doctor and nurses made sure I didn't have either. Before the operation they put an anti-nausea patch behind my left ear, then after the surgery, put some anti-nausea medicine into my iv every 6 hours along with a souped up anti-pain medicine. No narcotics, just a souped up Motrin. If there is anything I really hate, it is nausea and vomiting. That was my primary worry about this surgery.

I've also heard that the first month after your surgery will be rough, and people will second guess their decision on having this done. After that, I've heard that people really love the sleeve. I'm in a bit of pain for bending over right now, but am sure it will stop soon.

Hope you feel better soon sweetcheeks14.

Hey guys! I was sleeved on Feb. 25th. I also had my band removed. Glad to know I am not alone in this journey!

5 days post op, feeling a little better everyday.

5 days post op, feeling a little better everyday.

Yay!! Me too!!

Same here...I'll be going back to work tomorrow. May have to just do half days, but we'll see.

Same here...I'll be going back to work tomorrow. May have to just do half days, but we'll see.

Good luck going back to work!!! Let us know how you do!! Xo

I did go back to work today, but only half a day. I felt that I could have stayed all day, but got pretty tired, so I decided to go on home. I'm feeling a bit lazy...lol. I would love to just take the rest of the week off, but getting behind at work worries me so I'll tough it out and go back tomorrow.