Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 14 days post-op and like a toddler I have graduated from liquids to purees and now to soft diet. Still supplementing with the Protein whey protein isolates when my brand new spankin’ pouch doesn’t tolerate food. Just chatted up with @belladonna723 how we can normally only consume 30 grams of protein per sitting.

I am drinking Isopure Whey Protein Isolate - Low Carb - Dutch chocolate (only one scoop because two scoops has 50 grams). I mix it with Farmland’s Skim Plus Milk. Bought this based on the raving reviews of taste and quality powder. So I went to Vitamin Shoppe, my gosh it’s expensive, to find alternative protein supplements to add to my day PRN, as needed. Boy did I buy some gross stuff. Good thing I got my money back.

I want to know - What are YOU drinking? Is it good? Expensive and do you use milk or Water to mix?

I have so much Protein, mostly samples but some tubs too, in my pantry! Here are my go-to's:

--Chike Iced coffee Protein Powder. This stuff is expensive, but I love it! Their recommended serving is two scoops. I use one scoop and mix that in with CarbMaster Milk and a spoonful of instant espresso powder. So good!

--Healthwise hot chocolate - I usually mix one packet of hot chocolate powder with 4 oz. Water + 4 oz. CarbMaster milk, plus some sort of Torani Sugarfree Syrup to punch up the flavor. My favorites are peppermint, cinnamon brown sugar, salted caramel, and gingerbread.

--Unjury Chocolate Splendor - I use this as the base for all sorts of Protein Drinks. I mix it with milk (I always use the CarbMaster milk -- much better numbers than standard milk -- lower calories & carbs plus higher protein). When I run out of the tub of this I am thinking of switching to Syntrax Matrix Milk Chocolate, which I think is cheaper and tastes very similar.

--Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100& Whey vanilla Ice Cream - I also use this as a base for lots of Protein Shakes. It isn't as expensive as Unjury.< /p>

I've also got sample sizes of tons of other flavors from Chike, Syntrax Matrix, and Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.

I use unjury chocolate Splendor as well, mixed with skim milk. Sometimes I add some Torani sugar-free caramel Syrup and/or some PB2. I also use Celebrate Vanilla Cake batter with milk and sometimes some raspberry or orange syrup. I like the Unjury strawberry Sorbet with Crystal Light lemonade or the Syntrax nectar Roadside Lemonade.

I use MaxxPro Orange and mix it with almond milk. Per scoop: 30 grams of Protein, 140 calories and 1 gram of sugar. Tastes like an orange creamsicle.

--unjury chocolate Splendor - CarbMaster milk --

These two seem to be the popular ones that I’ve seen on the boards Bufflehead. Thank you so much for the share.... Do tell, Where do you get Unjury and the CarbMaster milk. I’m excited to try the combinations you just posted. YUMMMMM

I use unjury chocolate Splendor as well, mixed with skim milk. Sometimes I add some Torani sugar-free caramel Syrup and/or some PB2. I also use Celebrate Vanilla Cake batter with milk and sometimes some raspberry or orange syrup. I like the Unjury strawberry Sorbet with Crystal Light lemonade or the Syntrax nectar Roadside Lemonade.

OMGosh that sounds good... A fatty at heart, I was salivating reading your post! LOL... Where do you get your supplies? i.e. Unjury, PB2 (and what is that) and Syntrax..... ohoh and the Torani sugar free caramel syrup sounds to die for!

I use MaxxPro Orange and mix it with almond milk. Per scoop: 30 grams of Protein, 140 calories and 1 gram of sugar. Tastes like an orange creamsicle.

Wow CaGottaBand your weight loss progress is impressive. I pray to be as successful as you! :)

I used to love those Orange Creamsicles when I was a kid... Where do you get the MaxxPro Orange.... at like Vitamin Shoppe or BodyBuilding.com and what’s your take on almond milk. Is it too sweet for you. I’m such a whiny-baby when it comes to my milk. I love the Farmland Skim Plus but OMGosh I could seriously do without all those darn carbs. What’s you take? And are you working out? I haven’t started at all nor was I working out before the surgery. I just doing some 10 min walks here and there. I know it’s soon, two weeks postop.

Torani and PB2 can be found at Walmart. PB2 comes in regular Peanut Butter and one with chocolate added (add Torani hazelnut and make it like Nutrella) I found a better price at World Market...but I understand you can order most of these things online (try Amazon or shop.com)

Carbmasters is at Krogers here...so I don't know about where you are...

unjury makes a cheese sauce that is suppose to be AWESOME, I haven't ordered it yet.

My husband puts the caramel and vanilla syrups in to his Water for a cream soda type taste... he loves that...

have fun! there are a LOT of options!

Edited by BigGirlPanties

Wow CaGottaBand your weight loss progress is impressive. I pray to be as successful as you! :)

I used to love those Orange Creamsicles when I was a kid... Where do you get the MaxxPro Orange.... at like Vitamin Shoppe or BodyBuilding.com and what’s your take on almond milk. Is it too sweet for you. I’m such a whiny-baby when it comes to my milk. I love the Farmland Skim Plus but OMGosh I could seriously do without all those darn carbs. What’s you take? And are you working out? I haven’t started at all nor was I working out before the surgery. I just doing some 10 min walks here and there. I know it’s soon, two weeks postop.

I buy the MaxxPro at a local shop, but it can be bought online at maxxmuscle.com.

I personally like the almond milk...not to drink straight, but for my smoothies it's good.

And yes, I work out. I jog a few miles 3 times a week and 3 day a week I do a circuit training DVD...the DVD kicks my @ss. LOL

i'm a real simple gal i have PhD diet whey chocolate orange powder alpro hazelnut milk blended in a blender with ice then pour that over ice done!

i don;t have different flavours or types i tested a few loads of flavours i do not like anything else!if

your in the uk i use a site dolphinfitness.co.uk prices are always on sale i buy 2kg tubes should be £67.99 they are always under £40 alot of the time under £35 a tube and they have extra % off for multi buys and free gifts i have about 25 shakers now i got free lol

Torani and PB2 can be found at Walmart. PB2 comes in regular Peanut Butter and one with chocolate added (add Torani hazelnut and make it like Nutrella) I found a better price at World Market...but I understand you can order most of these things online (try Amazon or shop.com)

Carbmasters is at Krogers here...so I don't know about where you are...

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes a cheese sauce that is suppose to be AWESOME, I haven't ordered it yet.

My husband puts the caramel and vanilla syrups in to his Water for a cream soda type taste... he loves that...

have fun! there are a LOT of options!

If I can like your posts 100 times I would! Thanks so much for the ideas and the intel!! Momma shopping for new Protein this weekend!!

I buy the MaxxPro at a local shop, but it can be bought online at maxxmuscle.com.

I personally like the almond milk...not to drink straight, but for my smoothies it's good.

And yes, I work out. I jog a few miles 3 times a week and 3 day a week I do a circuit training DVD...the DVD kicks my @ss. LOL

I’m checking out maxxmuscle.com as we speak... Thanks on your honest feedback about almond milk. I’ll be going to Publix and picking up a small carton to take it for a spin. Oh running!!!! I used to run back in my 30’s... I’ve got a lot of miles on me and would love to get back. Did you just get into to it? I’m afraid my guts will burst at the incision lines if I ran now. Best that I wait to get clearance on that. Ha!

i'm a real simple gal i have PhD diet whey chocolate orange powder alpro hazelnut milk blended in a blender with ice then pour that over ice done!

i don;t have different flavours or types i tested a few loads of flavours i do not like anything else!if

your in the uk i use a site dolphinfitness.co.uk prices are always on sale i buy 2kg tubes should be £67.99 they are always under £40 alot of the time under £35 a tube and they have extra % off for multi buys and free gifts i have about 25 shakers now i got free lol

Thanks for those yummy, delicious tips. Yet, I’m in the US and I’m sure I can google to find PhD diet whey chocolate orange powder alpro hazelnut milk. Sounds sinful! :P

And BTW you look PHE-NO-ME-NAL!!!

Thanks for those yummy, delicious tips. Yet, I’m in the US and I’m sure I can google to find PhD diet whey chocolate orange powder alpro hazelnut milk. Sounds sinful! :P

it actually comes out like melted ice cream lol

i did buy a couple of sugar free syrups from the lowcarbmegastore.com for different flavour but didn;t need them!

btw that site has all kinds of things including Pasta and bread thats low in carbs and has Protein if people want to look at it.