Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is a continuing thing. I had Mahi that was too dry and scrambled eggs that were over-cooked and both of these had to come back up. It is a very sensitive stomach for sure. I was away for the weekend and couldn't control the cooking and I learned the hard way-if it is over cooked I am going to send it back before it goes in my mouth. It is easier to send it back then to have my stomach send it back up my mouth.

I had RNY on March 5th. I've had some complications. I've had two EGDs and ended up in the hospital for a week. They ended up removing my gall bladder and I had scar tissue and a twist. I am still on intravenous food through a PICC line. Been on it for two weeks and it will be at least another two weeks. And found out today. I have a UTI. But I've lost over 50 pounds and I am getting better each day. No regrets.

My surgery was March 18 and I am down 60 pounds as of this morning (since my first surgeon appt in Dec.). I feel pretty darn good. I can finally handle most foods okay and have so much more energy than I did prior to losing this weight. I struggled with experiencing pain when I drank Water for about the first month after surgery, but am fine now. Having the surgery was definitely a good decision for me. I'm losing weight at a nice, steady rate (about 11-12 pounds a month, give or take) and haven't hit a big stall yet. I can make it through 18 holes of golf now without being completely exhausted and in pain! Life is definitely good! :)

Wow healthyme, I had mine march 19th and I've lost 44lbs but I still can't handle a lot of foods?

The 60 pounds I refer to goes back to the pre-op diet phase. I guess I should have clarified that in my post. :)

I, too, am hit or miss with some foods. chicken is at times fine and other times not so fine. It is frustrating but I wouldn't change it for anything. I am loving the losing weight issue and clothes fitting so nicely. We are newbies so I expect it will be like this for a while. I am getting compliments all the time and that is nice to hear. It feels good. I am down almost 40 pounds (39) and near going under the 200 mark so that is exciting! People keep asking me "Do you feel diffferent?" I don't. I feel better about my appearance but I don't feel better ie more energy or anthing. Do you feel different? In what wqy?

Well, the dreaded hair loss has started! I have fairly thick hair, but am now losing over twice the amount in a day that I ever did before. I'm taking Biotin, and am going to start using a Nioxin Shampoo as well. Hopefully, this phase passes quickly. :)

Well, the dreaded Hair loss has started! I have fairly thick hair, but am now losing over twice the amount in a day that I ever did before. I'm taking Biotin, and am going to start using a Nioxin Shampoo as well. Hopefully, this phase passes quickly. :)

It's happened for me too. I shed constantly. I have long hair but I'm so annoyed having hairs everywhere I'm considering chopping it off.

Good Morning my March surgery pals!

Well after a month of having my PICC line in to get TPN, it has been removed and I feel good, at last!!

Unfortunately, I cannot not eat any type of meat, so I am now a vegetarian, which is ok. I went to the gym on Saturday for the first time since my March 5th surgery, and yes I over did it. Holy sore batman!! But I am so happy that I finally feel better. It took two surgeries, 4 hospital visits that included a one week stay but I have come around the corner, and have lost 59 pounds even after a month stall due to the TPN. Even though I had some rough times, I have never regretted getting the surgery. My sleep apnea is gone, my asthma is 95% better, my joints do not hurt, and I do not have Migraines anymore!!!

Good Morning my March surgery pals! Well after a month of having my PICC line in to get TPN, it has been removed and I feel good, at last!! Unfortunately, I cannot not eat any type of meat, so I am now a vegetarian, which is ok. I went to the gym on Saturday for the first time since my March 5th surgery, and yes I over did it. Holy sore batman!! But I am so happy that I finally feel better. It took two surgeries, 4 hospital visits that included a one week stay but I have come around the corner, and have lost 59 pounds even after a month stall due to the TPN. Even though I had some rough times, I have never regretted getting the surgery. My sleep apnea is gone, my asthma is 95% better, my joints do not hurt, and I do not have Migraines anymore!!!

I'm so happy that you're getting better and you've resolved your other issues. Congrats! I understand over doing it at the gym, I tried to run last week and ended up with bronchitis. Will you get to eat meat again eventually?

tpn?

tpn?

I'm not sure what it stands for but it was nutrition and Vitamins given to me intravenously thru a PICC line.

I was able to tolerate a little beef yesterday and today. So happy that I don't have pain when I eat.

I'm so happy that you're getting better and you've resolved your other issues. Congrats! I understand over doing it at the gym, I tried to run last week and ended up with bronchitis. Will you get to eat meat again eventually?

Hey wallflower I'm glad your feeling better!!! Gosh and I thought my post surgery was bad!!! Congrats on the 59 lbs. tomorrow is my 3 month mark so we will see what that # is!!! So what's TPN? Well talk to you soon and keep going your a fighter!!!!