Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery...now lost my insurance. How do I get my fills now?

:( Well...I lost my insurance. I had my surgery on December 6, 2013. I have had a lot of issues with my band. I had to go back into surgery on January 14 do to having to have a Port Revision done. My stitch came undone. Thank god it happened when it did, while I still had insurance.

Well ...I lost my insurance. Love Obama!! NOT!

Anyway..Not sure how Im suppose to get my fills and still get the medical care that I need. I know the fills are going to be costly. Im just at a loss.. Iv only had one fill. And another surgery. Was suppose to get my 2nd fill on March 4th. Well...Now what? Anyone else gone thru this?

I feel so defeated.

Lapbandchic73

Check, your surgeon might have included 6 months fill in your orignial bill. Mine did!Best wishes

Let's assume you can't get your insurance back? I would insist on a fill using fluoroscopy so that you get one fill, done right, so you can start your journey without shelling out hundreds of dollars over the next year.

Like Kll said, check on the 6 months of fills and if that doesn't work, see if you can negotiate a lesser fee for future fills? Your surgeon has a vested interest in seeing your success.

I would let the Dr. know what is going on as well and see if they can work with you to get the care you need from them. After all they did the surgery and they should have some kind of follow up care available to you as part of the surgery that has already been paid for through insurance.

Also most times if there is a fee, I hear there is a "cash" fee and an insurance fee...so see what they can do for you....I thought under this Obama care it was mandatory for everyone to have healthcare coverage...so how do you lose coverage? I have been hearing that a lot from people all over that they lost coverage...just curious.

because there was a lot of things that obamacare demanded that insurance covers and some insurances didn't have that in the policy so they cancelled any of the policies that didn't have everything included. your next choice is to go to the obamacare or affordable act and apply for insurance. you maybe eligible for a subsidy. and pay the rest. and the biggest part they have to cover pre-existing conditions. if you are unemployed you maybe eligible for Medicaid. and if you can ge t into the web page go and apply at the affordable act web page. if you are disabled apply for social security and medicare. medicare does cover wls and fills. good luck.

Well I called the WLS center that I use. And they have a thing called "safety net" so I just have to pay $50 for the fill..that day. Then I'll have to pay the remaining balance of $200 before my next visit.

I havent asked about the fills being built into my plan when I had the surgery, but I definitly will ask when I call or go up there. I tried to get on the Obama healthcare plan. It said that it would be like $300 a month for just me. I had medicad. Just goin to do the safety net thing till I can figure something else out. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

lapbandchic73

:( Well...I lost my insurance. I had my surgery on December 6, 2013. I have had a lot of issues with my band. I had to go back into surgery on January 14 do to having to have a Port Revision done. My stitch came undone. Thank god it happened when it did, while I still had insurance.

Well ...I lost my insurance. Love Obama!! NOT!

Anyway..Not sure how Im suppose to get my fills and still get the medical care that I need. I know the fills are going to be costly. Im just at a loss.. Iv only had one fill. And another surgery. Was suppose to get my 2nd fill on March 4th. Well...Now what? Anyone else gone thru this?

I feel so defeated.

Lapbandchic73

Don't want to get into politics, but I know what I would do. . . . . . I would contact my Federal & State Legislators and ask them what you should do. . .. . . . . & I would really get involved! That law wasn't really meant to do that. . . a bunch of politicians just screwed up! If our mothers & other women hadn't spoke up in the past we'd still be barefoot, pregnant and waiting on men! ;)

Edited by JOANNE M HOLL