Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were you banded at TLBC? (Toronto Lap-Band Centre) - pre 2008

If you were banded under TLBC (now Slimband) you might have heard that we are no longer getting the life long support system we signed up for. In fact, we now have to pay for any sort of support (fills, defills, access to a nutritionist) we might need, except for defills.

Myself and several other (8) are looking for other TLBCer's who are upset by this situation.

Please email me ASAP with your story, questions or concerns.

Kat

No. I was banded here in California.

My first doctor (I was his second patient ever) did not "attach" the band so I wasn't losing weight. Of course I wasn't - the band was there, but not connected. He just kept accusing me of not eating correctly and getting kinda testy about it. Finally my HUSBAND went with me and told the Dr. the same thing I had been saying and the Dr. listened to HIM. So the Dr. ordered a barium swallow and that is what we found out. So I got a second lap band. I guess the Dr. wouldn't listen to a woman and it took my husband getting involved to solve this. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I lost 60 pounds with the second lap band and was starting to eat more, so I thought a fill was in order. So now I go there and he pulls all the Fluid out, but the Water won't go down. Right now I have an empty band and am trying really hard not to eat all the things I couldn't before. I go in next week for another barium swallow and an endoscopy.

I still think the Dr. expected me to drink too much Water too quickly. I'll let you know what happens.

Stinks about your situation. Just not fair.

I was banded Mar/07 at TLBC.. They will no longer see me as a patient. They told me Slimband went bankrupt & Dr. Yau has left. I need a fill & feel left out in the cold. What are other people doing?

II want to seek legal action. Is there a class action started? If you go to TLBC.ca it defaults to Slimband and has current information there. I was told that TLBC became Slimband and the contracts were assumed by Slimband. In law when the contract is assumed, all terms and conditions remain the same. I am in contract with the company and not under the condition that Dr. Lau remained. The contract that I signed with TLBC May 2008, was assumed by Slimband in Nov 2008 so I was told and they also continued to provide care as per the contract of May 2008 including repositioning surgery in Jan 2014. So I think that they may be in breach. The only way to take them on is by a class action. I am in and want to know where to sign up!

Who is seeking legal action against Slimband or tlbc or dr. Yau?

II want to seek legal action. Is there a class action started? If you go to TLBC.ca it defaults to Slimband and has current information there. I was told that TLBC became Slimband and the contracts were assumed by Slimband. In law when the contract is assumed, all terms and conditions remain the same. I am in contract with the company and not under the condition that Dr. Lau remained. The contract that I signed with TLBC May 2008, was assumed by Slimband in Nov 2008 so I was told and they also continued to provide care as per the contract of May 2008 including repositioning surgery in Jan 2014. So I think that they may be in breach. The only way to take them on is by a class action. I am in and want to know where to sign up!

Thank you for reaching out. I have reached out to a class action firm but also waiting to hear from others on here that I believe are further along.

I was banded at TLBC and I remember freaking out when they changed their name to Slimband. I was banded by Dr. Yau. I was told I am his patient and not slimbands so they will not support me even for pay. What are the TLBC lifer's who now have no support going to do? I am really worried and think I might have a slip. I am afraid to go to the doctor since if they defill the band I might never be able to get it filled again.

If there is a spot where old TLBC patients are meeting to discuss potential courses of action and what they are doing for support?

As a former patient of Dr. Yau's, I am in in the same place as you are. We should try to gather as many former patients as possible & all merge on The Slimbands office. Get the media there. If they won't deal with us individually, maybe a large group would have more impact. The bad publicity may deter some people from considering going to them. What do you think? Is anyone wanting to join me. I don't know what else to do. Send me your feedback.

As a former patient of Dr. Yau's, I am in in the same place as you are. We should try to gather as many former patients as possible & all merge on The Slimbands office. Get the media there. If they won't deal with us individually, maybe a large group would have more impact. The bad publicity may deter some people from considering going to them. What do you think? Is anyone wanting to join me. I don't know what else to do. Send me your feedback.

i'm in the states but can't you former patients start a class action lawsuit of some kind? I'm sure some lawyer would be interested in what has happened to all of you!

I was banded at TLBC and I remember freaking out when they changed their name to Slimband. I was banded by Dr. Yau. I was told I am his patient and not slimbands so they will not support me even for pay. What are the TLBC lifer's who now have no support going to do? I am really worried and think I might have a slip. I am afraid to go to the doctor since if they defill the band I might never be able to get it filled again.

Is there a lass action suit started & where do I sign up.

Is there anyone interested in organizing a class action lawsuit against TLBC or Dr. Yau? They are not honouring the agreements any longer since they are now Slimband. I have read multiple posts about this but cant reach anyone to see how to co ordinate a group. Anyone interested???