Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 pre-op group

Holly I completely understand! I keep second guessing if its the right decision. I keep hoping I'm not the statistic. I just feel like this is my last chance to get my life back n be a better mom! Here's hoping we both do well!

The surgeon herself called me today. That was enought to freak me out. She wanted to tell me again that she may not be able to do the bypass after she removes the band. I guess she did not want me to wake up and be very disappointed. She said she does about 50% of the band removal and bypass in the same surgery and the other half have to have a second surgery. She explained this at the consult. But it was still disappointing to here it again. My insurance has a cap of 10,000 for. Your life time for bariatric surgery and as it is I will be paying a lot out of pocket. There will not be any money for a second one. I keep thinking if it was meant to be it will be. Still bummed though ={

I'm getting nervous that my liver won't shrink enough-anyone else having these worries? I'm following my preop diet, but wondering if I should finish the last few days on liquid only

I'm getting nervous that my liver won't shrink enough-anyone else having these worries? I'm following my preop diet, but wondering if I should finish the last few days on liquid only

I'm right with you. I'm trying to follow my pre-op. I have some days that I slip but more on track then before. My doctor wants one day before surgery liquid only. I want to do a 2 day liquid diet. You aren't alone.

Hi! I'm Amy. I live right outside of New Orleans and I'm a single mom of 3. I am having gastric bypass on April 11th. I am currently on the 14 day liquid diet (day 4). For me this has been the hardest day for some reason! I want to eat everything in sight but just keep eating my sf Jello because I was told I could have unlimited amounts of it! Anyway, wanted to introduce myself and join the group!

I'm right with you. I'm trying to follow my pre-op. I have some days that I slip but more on track then before. My doctor wants one day before surgery liquid only. I want to do a 2 day liquid diet. You aren't alone.

I'm so glad you said that! I'm following the diet to a t but what if it didn't work ?!

So my date is april 8th and pre-opp is this Friday so jus 3 days away. I feel as if I'm in shock. Took so long to get to this point now times passing fast now next Tuesday can hurry up and I will be better off. Better I wish everyone the best and hope that they keep us posted

Hi! I'm Amy. I live right outside of New Orleans and I'm a single mom of 3. I am having gastric bypass on April 11th. I am currently on the 14 day liquid diet (day 4). For me this has been the hardest day for some reason! I want to eat everything in sight but just keep eating my sf Jello because I was told I could have unlimited amounts of it! Anyway, wanted to introduce myself and join the group!

I'm on day 6 of the 14 day preop and I'm so hungry!!! Lol we can do it Amy!

I am having my RNY bypass April 21st!! Im so excited to get rid of my band and finally get this weight off forever!!!

Thanks proud momma!!

Just got everything for my liquid diet starting tomorrow... Got LOTS of sf jello! It's getting real, real quick!

Just got everything for my liquid diet starting tomorrow... Got LOTS of sf jello! It's getting real, real quick!

Awesome.... Good luck!!!