Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Dairy protein suggestions

Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions/advice on non-dairy Protein. I'm in the pureed stage, moving to soft foods soon. I feel like all I eat for protein is dairy stuff (Protein shakes, cottage cheese, yogurt). Maybe once in awhile I get protein from a few Beans, but it's not the majority. My stomach seems upset quite a lot and I think it might be from all the dairy.

Any ideas out there for other sources? I do not eat fish, so no talapia, baby shrimp, etc.

Thanks!

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup

google it - it saved my life. I can't have whey or casein

Edamame, ground turkey, I also cook up some chicken and then put it in the food processor to puree it. You could do that with turkey, chicken, (and beef, pork if they let you have that, though I'm thinking you probably shouldn't have beef or pork yet).

Scrambled eggs, any kind of egg really. Deviled eggs. Scotch eggs, Hard boiled eggs

(scotch eggs are hard boiled eggs (peeled) that are encased in ground turkey (will look like meatballs), rolled in parmesan cheese and then baked for 20 minutes at 350. THey are yummo.

Oh, I forgot--I jazz up my cottage cheese and yogurt by mixing in sugar free Jello. Gives it a whole new flavor and tastes like dessert!

Unjury unflavored powder

<p>unjury chicken soup</p> <p> </p> <p>google it - it saved my life. I can't have whey or casein</p>

I'm allergic to whey, I thought Unjury was whey Protein?

If you like it, pea Soup with ham (run through a blender/food processor). I also made chilli at that stage too.

I use Plant-based Protein powders from thevitaminshoppe.com ...( WLS made me Lactose)..if you go there, click on the "sports nutrition & workout" tab..then click on the "sports protein" tab..

I just bought the Vegetable Protein soy-free..no artificial sweetners, low fat, & 4 g carg per scoop..I like it so far..but then again, I put all kinds of frozen fruit and ground flax, cinnamon in my bullet and mix the hell out it,,,lol delish..I heard on this site, that Amazon.com has a lot of other kinds of protein powders also.

Does the plant-based Protein have a considerably less amount of protein per serving or is it pretty equivalent? I'm looking for the highest non whey protein I can find. I do not like the hemp protein blekk.

Here's the thing about that Kristina..besides the powder..I get my Protein from foods, I don't want my powder to be my daily allowance of protein. Im a eater/foodie..so I don't get high doses of powder. I get my other protein from my home made humus which consists of approximately 14 g's of protein per serving, I eat boiled eggs a lot which are like 6 g's each, I eat about 4 a day, I also eat all the nut butters on celery or what ever and Nut butters are 7g's a serving..so durning the day I kickin' some protein a$$. I also eat TONS of baked chicken breasts...I know this doesn't help Kimr much, but humus is soft , you can make soft boiled eggs, I have ton of other protein I eat also, but your not their yet.

yes...lol..I just said that Pookybear..she's cute..

Because you asked this question Kimr..Im going to give you this web site, put it in your fav's until you can eat..I have learn invaluable information, and them have a food Protein calculator, type a food and it will tell you the Protein percent in that food..wonder all over the site, I have learn so much about what were talking about from this one site, Here it is:

healthaliciousness.com...

the info is 'dumbed down' for the common person to understand..ok for me to understand...lol

Veggies packed with protein: These are staples in our house, among a lot more

1 avocado - 10 grams
• 1 cup broccoli - 5 grams
• 1 cup spinach - 5 grams
• 2 cups cooked kale - 5 grams
• 1 cup boiled peas - 9 grams
• 1 cup cooked sweet potato - 5 grams

• 1 cup lentils - 18 grams
• 1 cup refried Beans - 15.5 grams
• 1 cup garbanzo Beans (and hummus) - 14.5 grams
• 1 cup pinto, kidney, black beans - 13-15 grams

• Quinoa is versatile and delicious. 1 cup - 9 grams.
• Amaranth, bulgur, brown rice, wheat germ, oat bran are other grains with a high Protein content.
oatmeal - 1 cup = 6 grams.
• Sprouted grain bread products like Ezekeil - Buns, tortillas, bread. Pack a sandwich or a wrap and you'll get 7-10 grams from the bread alone.

this is just a fraction of Protein packed foods I eat on a day to day basis..so see when you start eating NEW FOODS, here are some to get started..just a tiny example :)

You are so wonderful Dee i love having you and all of your knowledge around. I feel like you are such an asset to my journey, along with many others, but everything you say just resonates with me and I can't express my gratitude. Really, just.. Thank you!