Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My face is "too thin!"? I'm still over 200 lbs!

Dang. I sent a picture of me to some friends, and they think my (usually basketball) round face is "too thin!!" "don't lose any more weight, you'll look like calista Flockhart!" (not skin tone; skinny).

I am still 218 pounds! I am happy with the changes. I want to get to 175 at least! I told them they will just have to get used to seeing a smaller face. But...hmmm. I'm a bit bummed.

They even used the word "gaunt." Dang.

I can't see the pic so I can't tell but the thing is do you feel better?

That's what happened to a family friend. .her face really thinned out, but prior to her wls, she had a reallly chubby face. That's the main reason my mom & sister are against me. They said my face will get to skinny and I will look 10 yrs older.

Tel them to leave you alone, It probably looks thin due to the fact it was fat before.

Don't send any more photos you do not need the negitivity, you do what you want!

Lynn, I haven't posted any pics here yet. But this makes me sad. But I have to remember I was 257 lbs! That's too much. I'm 5'5". My BP was up, my sugar became early abnormal. I was depressed and hiding from folks. I had to do this for me.

Some know I had surgery, some don't. And they are supportive, but I'm a bit bummed that they think my face is too thin because I'm just getting started.

Sarah, thank you. I need to take more pics, and smile in the others. Also some full body shots. But I think you're right: just hold off on sharing them until I can show the full transition.

In fact, most of them didn't see me at my highest weight because I was hiding from everyone! . But they've only known me to have a round face, not a more structured face with cheekbones, a jaw line ,etc.

Don't let anyone stop you, if your like most of us this if probably the first time you've done something for yourself in a long time. You deserve this. Also it's probably the same as when someone wears glasses all their life and suddenly you see them with contacts and they look completely different. It takes a bit to get used to, then all of a sudden you can't imagine them with glasses anymore. They'll get over it - stay the track and keep up the great job your doing. 32 pounds - go you!!!!!!

I think people get used to seeing you fat it's a shock to see you getting thin. It's going to take awhile for them to get used to it. I doubt you look bad, it's just different and sometimes people don't like change

Thanks, you guys. I'm feeling better somewhat. And a friend who had the RYGB in Sept., said to tell them to "kiss your skinny ..... ... in a couple of months!" :-)

I did this for me; they'll see the fly butterfly emerge from the cocoon and then they'll see the total package. They hear in my voice that I'm happier! It'll be fine. All is well.

I have a board meeting tomorrow and am wearing a knit skirt and sweater I haven't worn in more than 7 years! Yes!

Next month send them a doctored picture a skeleton head on your body with your eyes and mouth with your hair and ask how you look now you think your face is a lot thinner lol

Try not to let people bum you out. You have a goal set and it will make you happy to achieve it. They're just not used to you seeing you looking different. They'll get used to it, do your thing and the others will catch up with you in time. Do what makes you happy x x x

I'm 5 days post op and my mother told me yesterday she's worried I lose to much weight cause my face is looking gaunt. Block out the stuff that holds you back and hold on to the stuff that pulls you through. X x x x

First, congratulations on your surgery.

This one is for you baby. Like many of us we have faced some opposition as we went to about getting ourselves healthier.

At our heaviest we consistently put off our needs our own expense. Now it's your

Time. Diva time.

How ridiculous that comments was telling you to stop loosing weight. The Diva time just started. Don't be sad your opinion is what really matter.

My face too looked thin and I got a ways to go so what.

Good luck

Personal Opinion here..... but I think that is very shallow and inconsiderate for them to worry about "how thin" your face looks. What about how much your health is improving? I had someone ask me ..."are you trying to be stick thin?" and I wanted to tell him...uh yea if it means I no longer have to take 3 blood pressure pills a day..and an occasional anxiety medication to help counteract the blood pressure meds. So if me looking too thin makes you feel uncomfortable... then that's something YOU are going to have to deal with NOT me.

I would ignore them... friends they may be...but at the end of the day it is about your life, longevity and health and if they can't understand that..then shame on them. And you keep losing...don't base your goal on what you think is satisfactory for the others in your life. DO YOU!... :)

Right now your goal is to be a healthier you. Someone, somewhere will always have something to say. Keep your goals as your prize to living a better life and let everything and everybody else just roll with it... Or don't.

Continued blessings and success. :D