Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op FIRST time pregnancies

So I just found out over the weekend that I am pregnant. I have never had a normal period so I do not know when my LMP was. I am scared though. I am a little over 4 months out from surgery. Ugh...I am so excited but so nervous at the same time.

I had my sleeve Surgery in Jan 2011 and am currently 6 months pregnant. It's still kind of new to me... It may sound crazy but I guess from being soo..big for soo long..I just really never pictured myself pregnant or having kids. Blessings in disguise.

I had surgery on March 19th and found out yesterday I'm pregnant. My doc is aware I'm wasn't going to follow the recommended wait time because of my age. That said, I really didn't expect it to happened so quickly! Anyway, he said at my last appointment if I had had the bypass then it would be a much bigger problem but so long as I eat very healthy and start prenatal immediately I should be ok if I fell pregnant. Won't he be surprised in July for my next visit. :)

Hello<br> I'm 4 weeks pre op (surgery in less than 30 days) and my husband and I tried for children for 5 years. Hoping that once I'm healthy and losing the weight - that I too will be able to experience children. Anyone out there have their 1st child after the sleeve and how far out before getting pregnant? I know at least 1 year is recommended.

A friend of mine had a baby 4 months ago... Healthy beautiful baby girl

At 2 years post-op, I went off the pill and had 1 period, then was pregnant. I gained significantly since surgery and never actually got to goal, but being pregnant I feel like I finally have good restriction!

Congratulations to all of you expecting Mommies! I had vsg almost 15 months ago. Previously I had PCOS with barely any periods and tried clomid for 6 months with no luck. I went from 276 to 168. Im still not at goal but decided to have my IUD removed in August to try. As soon as I went under 200lbs I started getting normal periods. Good luck to all you girls :)

Im 39 years old and pregnant with my first baby!

I am 12 months post op right now

I did not reach my goal weight

but I got the sleeve so that i could become more fertile and now my lil bean is growing!

Yay

Im so happy!

i am 2 months since i had my sleeve down i am now 40 lb plus lost since surgery but i just found out yesterday I am pregnant me n my husband are so excited we have been trying for 7yrs nervous cuz i am still losing but excited 4 this bundle of joy to come feb 2015

I am now 6 weeks along. This is a massive surprise as I just turned 42 this past weekend. We have been married for 20 years next month. We have tried all through our marriage with no luck. The surgery can definitely increase your fertility as we weren't even trying. Good luck!

Omg congratulations to you!!!

Wow- congrats to all of you! Amazing. This is way bigger than weight loss for you all. <3

Omg congratulations to you!!!

Congrats same bots me n my husband were trying 7 yrs of our marriage on n off n two months after surgery bam pregnant beyond thrilled good luck on ur journey

I haven't been on this forum in forever but I'm looking for a couple friends to go through this journey with. I'm 20 (almost 21) weeks along with my first (lil' boy). I was 11 months out when I found out I was pregnant. I still had about 30lbs to my goal. So this whole weight gain thing is starting to get to me a little bit (mentally and emotionally). I had gotten down to about 210 (from 299) and was 216 when I got pregnant and now I'm at 230. I know I'll be able to work on this again when the baby gets here but for right now, it's just challenging. Anyone else in the same boat? :)

Hello I'm 4 weeks pre op (surgery in less than 30 days) and my husband and I tried for children for 5 years. Hoping that once I'm healthy and losing the weight - that I too will be able to experience children. Anyone out there have their 1st child after the sleeve and how far out before getting pregnant? I know at least 1 year is recommended.

my doc say 2 years after surgery

I will be trying again about 10 months after surgery... I just lost a pregnancy in Dec(which I believe(pregnancy) happened once I started exercising and becoming healthier) I just turned 38 in Dec, so I know that time is of the essence.. I'll be praying for you , my surgery is in 9 days

2 years after surgery is what I was told from a Center of a Excellence

I am 14 weeks along became pregnant 2 months post op after trying for 3 yrs this is my first child.

. How has things been going you, how do you feel. Did they say it was to soon , I had trouble getting pregnant and I would be so happy if I can get pregnant but just not to soon

Edited by Rebellious Butterfly