Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dec 2012 sleevers

Hi guys just wanted to know how dec 2012 sleevers are getting on? Can we have some updates. Starting with myself,

Sleeved on 21.12.12

Start weight 110.3kg

Current weight at nearly 14months 59.9kg

Total loss so far around 50kg

Clothes size 22/24 uk size to a current size 12/14 uk size. Dropped around 5 dress sizes in nearly 14months.

Waiting for your updates. Well done to all and congratulations on your loss.

Sleeved 12/23/2013 (I am one of those people who has to lose ONLY 100 pounds) For those of you who feel that our journey is less noble because we were not even larger, keep in mind that our co-morbidities are life threatening and painful, too. I have already had one stroke and my spine is degenerating and will not hold that extra 100 pounds anymore. I only say that because there have been a couple of recent comments in the forum inferring that we do not deserve access to this surgery. We need to be less judgemental and more supportive of sleeve brothers and sisters, especially since so many do not get encouragement at home.

Pre-op weight 235 pounds (I am 5'4")

Day of surgery weight 208 pounds

Day of discharge weight 212 pounds

Current weight 2/16/2014 - 189 pounds

So far from the beginning, I have lost 46 pounds from my head, arms, and boobs. My belly

still looks disgusting and has shifted south, but has gone from 53 inches to 50 inches, so I

will accept that as progress.

I am eating regular foods O K, but still cannot tolerate cabbage and cauliflower.

Most days I am eating around 700 - 800 calories. It is challenging to get in 64 ounces of

Water and 70 grams of Protein, but I come close.

Except for a nerve pain issue not associated with the surgery:

I am feeling a lot better

sleeping much better

do not make so many frequent trips to the bathroom

exercise is easier and I can exercise longer

I can move around easier and clip my own toenails

I can roll over in bed easier

Reflux is 80% better

Hot flashes and night sweats are gone

Have doctor appointment with primary doctor on 2/17, and expect to drop Metformin, Lipitor, Wellbutrin

Blood pressure is rapidly improving - may drop that 3 drug cocktail, too. Saturday after exercise, it was 102/62.

I have had one closet flush, going from size 22 to a snug 18. In about 10 pounds more, I will have another closet flush to 14/16, hoping to get into those sassy size 14 white jeans that are on standby.

So, overall, my quality of life is improving......I'm glad I did it! :)

Hi guys just wanted to know how dec 2012 sleevers are getting on? Can we have some updates. Starting with myself, Sleeved on 21.12.12 Start weight 110.3kg Current weight at nearly 14months 59.9kg Total loss so far around 50kg Clothes size 22/24 uk size to a current size 12/14 uk size. Dropped around 5 dress sizes in nearly 14months. Waiting for your updates. Well done to all and congratulations on your loss.

Hi, I was sleeved 12/05/2012. I was 227 pounds and I'm 5'4" also. I'm now 149.5! I absolutely LOVE my sleeve and feel that this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. I went from a size 22 to an 8. My life has changed so much. I'd love to hear from more December 2012 sleevers again too and hear about your progress. Congratulations to everyone for changing your lives!

Hi there. Surgery date was 12/17/12. I am currently attempting maintenance after losing 162 lbs from my highest weight. The surgery saved my life 100%. I still struggle, though. I am TERRIFIED of gaining weight back. It seems so easliy done if you aren't careful and become complacent. My hunger is back but my tummy still resrticts me if I make the right choices.

HW: 302

SW: 272

CW: 140

-Kendra

I'm was sleeve. 12/2012 I have lost 83 lbs but still need to Lise 18 lbs to hit my goal weight. I went from 265 to 182lbs. From size 22w to 12. I workout and track everything I put in my mouth. I still eat small portions and high Protein and low carbs. I have been losing 1 lbs a week. I hope to make my goal weight by June. I have gain weight occasionally but just 1-2 lbs the most. If I eat out or late I gain weight.