Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 9 day out from surgery and haven't pooped yet :( I tried a stool softener nothing. So my doctor recommend Miralax and mag. Citrate. I drank half the bottle and have had about 3 doses of the miralax and still nothing. How do I know if I'm impacted?

I wasn't able to go on my own until I was 6 weeks out and even then it wasn't much at all. 1-2x a week I drink a tea called Smooth Move and that helps move things along. It's a great tasting tea too and helps me to get in my fluids as well.

Currently I "go" once or twice a week and the tea helps a lot with that. I am 2 months out from surgery.

Where did u get the tea??

Walmart had it but you can probably order it online on Amazon too if your walmart or local store doesn't carry it.

I am 9 day out from surgery and haven't pooped yet :( I tried a stool softener nothing. So my doctor recommend miralax and mag. Citrate. I drank half the bottle and have had about 3 doses of the miralax and still nothing. How do I know if I'm impacted?

You will know. I ended up on the ER I was in pain and there was a large amount of stool that was trying to come out but it was too hard and too large. Good luck

Hi i am in my fifth week, I have to take milk of magnesium. I use to be regular but not anymore. I noticed after my surgery I had a problem with my breath, I started taking the mom and no more bad breath! I guess after the surgery a good cleaning needs to be done. The mom does the trick everytime an I take it once a week.

I am 9 day out from surgery and haven't pooped yet :( I tried a stool softener nothing. So my doctor recommend miralax and mag. Citrate. I drank half the bottle and have had about 3 doses of the miralax and still nothing. How do I know if I'm impacted?

Try an enema. That got me going and kept me out if the er ... Then I started on miralax, etc.

Enemas aren't pleasant, but I'd rather poop at home than in the ER.

Hi i am in my fifth week, I have to take milk of magnesium. I use to be regular but not anymore. I noticed after my surgery I had a problem with my breath, I started taking the mom and no more bad breath! I guess after the surgery a good cleaning needs to be done. The mom does the trick everytime an I take it once a week.

Oh my goodness my breath has been horrible too and when I asked the nutritionist she looked at me like I was crazy.

Update: I did poop it was more like (TMI) mud. :( so hopefully there just isn't much in there to come out.

I'm five weeks post op and take Fiber daily and still find I'm only having a movement once a week. I'm eating solid foods so I'm a bit worried about my lack of frequency.

I had the same problem. I actually stopped eating. The stool softeners were all the other stuff wasn't working My Dr. recommended an enema. I went to the store and got a Fleet enema. They are easy to use, but they are uncomfortable. You have to hold the liquid in 1-5 minutes. Then you will be able to expel the Fluid and it begins its magic lol.

Hi I would have a BM after every meal pre surgery and have struggled with at least 1 decent one a week since surgery. Sometimes I have had to take something just to have the 1. This week for my afternoon snack I have juiced 1/2 apple, teaspoon ginger, spinach leaves, 1/2 carrot, 1/2 bok Choy. This has done the trick ! I will stick with this for the week but may add plain Protein Powder next week.

I mentioned this in another forum, but I'm sort of stuck 'in between'...post-op, I was going twice a day, but it was always very watery...thought something was wrong, but came to find out that since I was downing Isopure like crazy, this contains sucralose, which acts as a diuretic for me. I stopped with the Isopure, and now I'm going every other day. I take a pro-biotic daily, and I'm told that Colace is supposed to work wonders, especially for bariatric patients...gonna give this a try!