Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I could really use all positive thoughts and good vibes.

My family and I are about to move from our home of 15 years. Honestly change makes me kick into high gear but sometimes that is not such a good thing. If my Bariatric family could send me positive vibes I could really use it. It feels like I'm leaving the home my children have ever known to move into a strange house. I'm a little scared and excited. You know the feeling you get when you get on a roller coaster and you realize you're not going to fall off and die, that's me, right now all the time.

Thank you in advance.

Sending very best wishes your way! Hope you can stay grounded and present -- keep breathing and know that all good things lie ahead.

I'm sure you're feeling both excited and sad at the same time. I've moved a few times over the years and I know how difficult and exhausting it can be even if it's a move you are looking forward to. Here's wishing you health and happiness in your new home.

If it doesn't kill me it will only make me stronger.

Anything is possible with positive cheering me on.

I once heard it said, "when you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on". Change is usually difficult and a move like yours is a major stressful event. But you had the courage to get your lapband and start a new and better life for yourself in that way, so you will get thru this as well. I also moved after 14 years from the home my children grew up in and for years I dreamed about that little house, it was our first house. But that was 30 years ago and we built out dream house and have enjoyed it every since. You'll make it !!!You will make many memories in your new house !

Be blessed.

Sending positive thoughts and good vibes your way!!

People grieve over moving just like anything else. I grew up in New Jersey, moved to Florida when I was 37 and I had never been out of the state in all that time. I cried almost all the way to Florida because I had no idea how people lived else where. Now I have traveled everywhere in the US and out of the US. The first year I lived here I hated it, cursed and wanted to go home but I got used to it. You will be fine it always takes time when change happens.

I hate change but I would love a nice clean house that I can decorate. I pray for you and your move. I hope it isn't to stressful. and remember to drink your Water, have Protein Bars nearby and some Protein Powder. take some deep breaths , touch your toes and count to 10 . you never know you may just love your new place.

Thank you everyone for all the positive thoughts. I have no idea where to start. So much to do, so little time, so much stuff to get rid of. When I think I've tackled one job, it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Never ending cleaning.

Dory said best on Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming......"

Did you ever sit in your old house and think, 'I'd love to redecorate' or 'move things around'? While moving is a tough transition, you can always visualize all the cool ways your new place can look. Cruise through the mall or thrift stores and look for neat little decorative items or new curtains or bedding to make your new place feel like you've moved into your own handcrafted palace. Best wishes. :D

Everything is gonna be ok! It's ok to be a little afraid of the unknown - and to miss the home that you have had for so long! But you will make good memories at your new home with your family! Just remember your home isn't always a building or a house- it's where your family is!

Thank you everyone for the support. It is scary to to make a big change but change is good. If nothing changed life would be boring and boring is no fun. I can't express how grateful I am to everyone here for keeping me motivated. This is a new chapter in my life. I know I will love my new house as much as this one. It's time to make new memories.

The move is a new beginning for my family and I. Seems as though when I turned 37 my whole out look on life has changed. I know this will sound strange but I feel grown up and mature. Ready for another life change like when I was banded. Time to live a cleaner, healthier life. A life I can be proud of, by becoming active again.

Everything is gonna be ok! It's ok to be a little afraid of the unknown - and to miss the home that you have had for so long! But you will make good memories at your new home with your family! Just remember your home isn't always a building or a house- it's where your family is!

I think you hit the nail on the head. I am so afraid of the unknown. Afraid of my kids starting a new school. Afraid that the neighbors might not be as nice as these.