Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want To See Before & After Pics! (Cont'd)

I see so many positive pictures proving this can be a successful tool. My date is next month.

I do want to ask you that are here, post op. I see you list weight and look amazing! But I want to know How do you feel now? Do you feel healthy and strong,? I still worry about not being able to eat to provide my nutrients it seems for a long time you eat Protein to survive. It's scary.

I see so many positive pictures proving this can be a successful tool. My date is next month.

I do want to ask you that are here, post op. I see you list weight and look amazing! But I want to know How do you feel now? Do you feel healthy and strong,? I still worry about not being able to eat to provide my nutrients it seems for a long time you eat Protein to survive. It's scary.

My personal opinion:

May not be the popular vote but... I think most people harp on the Protein bandwagon too strongly-

I was never as high on protein as others told me I should be-

In fact I'm actually 100% vegan now and eat no animal products at all--

I am about 18 mo out and I'm down 160 - started at 319 and I am now 159-162-- bouncing right now

I feel so much healthier than I did- u will be just fine :)ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1412556284.293208.jpg ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1412556306.754113.jpg

@DeeJack...very nice

Cute u r pretty

All of you are such inspirations! You all look amazing! Congrats!

I had the same concern. I also was worried about not being able to hydrate well, especially when working out. Here's what I have to say about both topics:

1) on the nutrient issue... In the beginning, it'll be tough, but you'll learn you can survive on very little calories. It's super Important that you start Protein shakes and taking your Vitamins as soon as you are able to. I remember feeling amazed that some days I'd eat 500 Cals or so and still be alive! At first you really do feel run down, but that goes away with time, especially once you are able to start eating real food. I try to eat Protein as much as possible, but end up eating my fair amount of carbs too. Once you're further out, you gotta just figure out what works for you. I eat pretty much whatever sounds good, work out, and am still losing. Slowly :)

2) Water.... I am 10months out. I believe you will never be able to eat and drink at the same time. This makes hydration hard for me. I try to drink Water as much as I can, but I end up drinking coffee half the time.... I could be well hydrated, if water was all I drank. So you can do it, and I certainly make an effort when I'm working out or feeling crummy.

So far no real complications with either issue. 10 months out and 88 lbs down! Good luck!

My personal opinion:

May not be the popular vote but... I think most people harp on the Protein bandwagon too strongly-

I was never as high on protein as others told me I should be-

In fact I'm actually 100% vegan now and eat no animal products at all--

I am about 18 mo out and I'm down 160 - started at 319 and I am now 159-162-- bouncing right now

I feel so much healthier than I did- u will be just fine :)attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1412556284.293208.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1412556306.754113.jpg

That dont even look like you!!! OMG this gives me so much to look forward to. Thank you!

Hi, The picture in the purple I was probably 240, the picture in black was taken 2 months ago, at 165. I have lost another pant size since then. :)

post-184219-0-37811100-1412572503_thumb.jpg

post-184219-0-83199900-1412572514_thumb.jpg

Edited by FitnFabfor2014

I love seeing the before & after pics, very encouring!

Congrats you guys, you look GREAT!!

I'll be 3 months out tomorrow and love to share my pix but probably will wait a little until 6 months, now I'm smaller than before but a bit too far to goal.

I don't have many before picture not ready to post. I have loss ,80

Lbs since my surgery. In March feel like I am a standstill my doctor told me to start walking,was getting in the pool that was great but to cold.in Georgia now I really am having hard time with my portions I am70 retired don't. Get out would love to meet someone who has had surgery about my age

That dont even look like you!!! OMG this gives me so much to look forward to. Thank you!

Thank you it def is a crazy ride - it took a while to see the loss but now I do