Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Queen Alexandra, Portsmouth Hospitals, anyone?

Has anyone here been referred to the Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth Hospitals? Be really great to contact anyone who has, or, is with this team.

Hope to hear soon

Hi there lucky , I had my sleeve at q a by shaw summers . He is such a nice man . I paid to have it done privet so stayed in the privet ward but he also does NHS , when are u planning to have it done ?

Hi Selena

OMG what a lovey man!! You are sooo lucky, lol, to have had Shaw Somers as your surgeon. I had my first consultation (NHS) on January 3td and my next appointment in on the 11th of March. I really need it over and done with (doesn't everyone) as I'm self employed and need to be fighting fit for the holiday season. I think we're cutting it a bit fine here, but I can live in hope, right?

When did you have you're sleeve done?

I had it done last May and I was 14st I'm now 8.4st , but originally I had a band fitted in 2009 and in December 2012 my band got infected so I had emergency surgery to have it removed , then put 4 st on , my starting weight was 16st and there was on way I was go back to that weight lol . Best thing I ever did . I'm now going for a Tummy Tuck and breast life in March at the spire in havant . Good luck with having a sleeve , look forward to seeing how u get on. Are u local to portsmouth ?

Oh no, what an experience, but you came through it, and as you say, best thing you ever did. I hope I'm going to be saying that in the near future. I'm so worried about the timing that I am not at all (yet) worried about the procedure. When you think back do you think you should have gone straight for the sleeve?

You've done really well, what was your BMI at your heaviest? I'm on the Isle of Wight, you ?

My daughter had the by pass and has since had a double Tummy Tuck and her boobs lifted, with implants, as there wasn't much left of her breasts after five children and losing 12 stone :unsure: Oh my , you're so going to enjoy the new you. Good luck and keep in touch

So fed up.

Had two letters in the post. The first is for 11th March for the dietician (second appointment at the hospital) and the other is for the anaesthetist on the 11th April. So I called the hospital, and looks like I won't be on the list until at least June. The reason being everyone successfully coming off the three tier programme (The way ahead programme) and causing a bottleneck. Well!!!!! I feel sooo much better hearing that. Can't find the words to express what I'm feeling, when you're ready, you're ready, and don't want to hang about. Also beyond that the timing now could not be worse.

So fed up. Had two letters in the post. The first is for 11th March for the dietician (second appointment at the hospital) and the other is for the anaesthetist on the 11th April. So I called the hospital, and looks like I won't be on the list until at least June. The reason being everyone successfully coming off the three tier programme (The way ahead programme) and causing a bottleneck. Well!!!!! I feel sooo much better hearing that. Can't find the words to express what I'm feeling, when you're ready, you're ready, and don't want to hang about. Also beyond that the timing now could not be worse.

Had the phone call this morning, with a provisional date of the 13th May, also said I need an appointment to get bloods done. After the shock, I thought about my appointment on this Friday, with the anaesthetist, maybe I could have my tests done on the same day? Long story short, the hospital phoned me back and yes, but I also have to have an ECG. The secretary then stated that it was all down to the anaesthetist as to if I can have the procedure or not !!! So I guess it's reasonable to say that I'm going from happy and excited to anxiety. Pleased really that I've got a couple of days to get used to the idea ????????????

Had the phone call this morning, with a provisional date of the 13th May, also said I need an appointment to get bloods done. After the shock, I thought about my appointment on this Friday, with the anaesthetist, maybe I could have my tests done on the same day? Long story short, the hospital phoned me back and yes, but I also have to have an ECG. The secretary then stated that it was all down to the anaesthetist as to if I can have the procedure or not !!! So I guess it's reasonable to say that I'm going from happy and excited to anxiety. Pleased really that I've got a couple of days to get used to the idea dde33dde37dde2c

On the count down now.

So fed up. Had two letters in the post. The first is for 11th March for the dietician (second appointment at the hospital) and the other is for the anaesthetist on the 11th April. So I called the hospital, and looks like I won't be on the list until at least June. The reason being everyone successfully coming off the three tier programme (The way ahead programme) and causing a bottleneck. Well!!!!! I feel sooo much better hearing that. Can't find the words to express what I'm feeling, when you're ready, you're ready, and don't want to hang about. Also beyond that the timing now could not be worse.

Know what you mean about the wait. I came off Tier 3 in Jan, didn't get to see surgeon until 1 Apr and was told op would be 12 June. Badgered them for an earlier date and got my op on 15 May. I am now 10 days into liquid phase, have lost 14 lb and a total of 30lb since 1st May when I started the pre op diet.

I had mind done in Spire at Southampton

Edited by warloc1959

I had mine down at QA Portsmouth I didn’t realise how much pain I would be in. I was not prepared. Nearly 2 weeks out now I’ve lost 14lbs but it’s been very difficult eating without it hurting.
with Soups and some puréed have gone straight through me so I tried flaked fish and vegetable mash and it seems to sit ok.
I know you are supposed to wait until week 3 but technically I will be in week 3 on Monday the 25th October 2021.

my surgeon was lovely but my op was definitely a shot in the dark.
I left tier 3 in December 2020 and told I’d wait for my consultation until September because of covid making the lists long.
sure enough in September I had my consultation on the Monday then by Friday I was phoned to say I had an op date 9 days later the 11th October 2021

although I had thought about it for a long time I hadn’t really realised how many emotions I would go through but I’ve heard your hormones are so out of whack.
move had regret but only based on me thinking I’m not normal like my family but it’s getting better day by day.
at least I hope it gets better than this.
I know this was the right thing for me as I have PCOS and metabolic syndrome and I can never lose more than 1 stone.
I really hope it gets easier and becomes more normal soon.
thus has not been a walk in the park.