Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you lose the first 3-4 months? I want to be out of the 200+ Club by summer.

Don't compare yourself to others! It is a recipe for disaster. Just do your best, it will come off. I'm down to losing a pound a week UGH! At my best I only lost 2 lbs. a week. Comparisons will only make you dissatisfied with your progress (spoken by one green with envy when I read about people who lose 3-4-5 lbs. a week).

Look at your last month's average loss and try using that to project your summer goal weight.

Edited by NMJG

My numbers and monthly losses are in my signature.

Thanks Lorie! How did you get the monthly tracker about your ticker?? I want one? :D

I just typed what I wanted into my signature. To get there, click on "My Settings" in your profile and select "Signature". Feel free to use mine for reference if you would like. There is also an option for "MyTickers" in your Profile.

Great question! I was wondering the same thing. Im three weeks post op and I am down 31 pounds!!! I am hoping this trend continues for a while. I too would love to be feeling pretty good about my body by summer time!!

OMG! Can I please have YOUR results!!LOL

Lol, thanks! One tip I have for you though: don't neglect Water. Every time I dot pay attention to my Water intake, I notice I don't lose anything, and then I drink more water, and I lose. And it's do easy not to drink water anymore.

Also, I try to be careful with carbs. I try to keep it under the amount of Protein I eat. I log everything in myfitnesspal. But you know, I have to be honest. I have "cheated" per say, more than a few times. But still lost, and I think the reasons for that is because my body likes variety (when I eat the same thing every day, I start to lose less for some reason) and also, because when I do "Cheat", I don't let it affect the rest of my day, I still try to be good right after.

Oh and my start weight was 240. Now 166. (15lbs was lost from preop) I'm 5'5".

Edited by EarthyGoalie

My numbers and monthly losses are in my signature.

Thanks Lorie! How did you get the monthly tracker about your ticker?? I want one? :D

I just typed what I wanted into my signature. To get there, click on "My Settings" in your profile and select "Signature". Feel free to use mine for reference if you would like. There is also an option for "MyTickers" in your Profile.

Thanks!!!

>my follow up appt was yesterday and I told the P.A that most ppl on here eat anywhere from 600-800 cals a day and she said... no good... maybe right out the gate but she said you should be working toward 1000-1200 cals cuz 600-800 calories puts you in starvation mode. That is probably what is happening. What is this breathing tool? I want to use it!</p>

Every surgeon has a plan that works based on their history with the wls programs they run. That means there is a difference what foods each patient can eat and when. Calories and Protein are driven by what a patient can eat. While on a liquid diet, I got my 60 grams of protein but only 450 calories. I am now on soft Proteins and was told to keep the calorie amount at 600-800. As I add vegetable and fruit at week 10, calories go to 800. At that point I will be at stage 5 and the target is 800-1000 calories, 70-80 grams of protein through the first year before making the needed adjustments for exercise.

So far listening to the NUT and surgeon has worked very well. In 7 weeks I have lost 44 pounds.

Started at 360# and was down 120# by 4 months in. I think it was a combination of a lot of walking and being very strict about food choices, drinking as much Water as I could and sleeping as much as I could. Lost 60# after that over next 3 months, but also included much more exercise in the form up running and eating more calories. Between month 4 and 6, I think calories went from average of 800 a day to 1200 a day.

Update: height: 5'11"

Edited by Fiddleman

>my follow up appt was yesterday and I told the P.A that most ppl on here eat anywhere from 600-800 cals a day and she said... no good... maybe right out the gate but she said you should be working toward 1000-1200 cals cuz 600-800 calories puts you in starvation mode. That is probably what is happening. What is this breathing tool? I want to use it!</p>

Every surgeon has a plan that works based on their history with the wls programs they run. That means there is a difference what foods each patient can eat and when. Calories and Protein are driven by what a patient can eat. While on a liquid diet, I got my 60 grams of protein but only 450 calories. I am now on soft Proteins and was told to keep the calorie amount at 600-800. As I add vegetable and fruit at week 10, calories go to 800. At that point I will be at stage 5 and the target is 800-1000 calories, 70-80 grams of protein through the first year before making the needed adjustments for exercise.

So far listening to the NUT and surgeon has worked very well. In 7 weeks I have lost 44 pounds.

It's not enough nutrients... they set the goal low because early on you simply can't get in that many calories. So your surgeons estimate seem pretty on point and similar to my surgeons.. by stage five you should be taking in more calories (1000-1200). There are people on here still only eating 600 calories 6 months later.

I am four months out from surgery, sleeved October 7th, 2013 and from surgery date have lost 98 pounds :-)

post-178999-0-32182200-1392259999_thumb.jpg

I am four months out from surgery, sleeved October 7th, 2013 and from surgery date have lost 98 pounds :-)

attachicon.gif:

That is incredible! You rock

My surgeon is strict :( he says 500 calories a day and 1000 burning to always be negative I just can't do it I'm exhausted! Yesterday was start of my 4th week and I have been at a stall for almost 2 weeks and I cry everyday what am I doing wrong? I eat my Protein zero cal drinks and walk 5-6 miles 4 days a week! I cant figure out if this means I'm a slow loser or am I doing all this wrong I may need a support group cause I did NOT do this surgery to lose 14 lbs! Keep me updated how you lose!

My surgeon is strict :( he says 500 calories a day and 1000 burning to always be negative I just can't do it I'm exhausted! Yesterday was start of my 4th week and I have been at a stall for almost 2 weeks and I cry everyday what am I doing wrong? I eat my Protein zero cal drinks and walk 5-6 miles 4 days a week! I cant figure out if this means I'm a slow loser or am I doing all this wrong I may need a support group cause I did NOT do this surgery to lose 14 lbs! Keep me updated how you lose!

Your are not eating enough calories!!! Your body is in starvation mode and hanging on to every morsel of food you feed it! That is the craziest thing I ever heard! You body burns calories even at rest. It is called, BMR (basal metabolic rate). You are exhausted b/c you are starving!!!

attachicon.gif:

That is incredible! You rock

Thank you BellaDonna!! :-)

Your are not eating enough calories!!! Your body is in starvation mode and hanging on to every morsel of food you feed it! That is the craziest thing I ever heard! You body burns calories even at rest. It is called, BMR (basal metabolic rate). You are exhausted b/c you are starving!!!

Yes today I tracked everything and upped my cal to 1100 and felt much better! I realize he's unrealistic and I'm not going that route he's an amazing surgeon with great results but with two small kids and eating more cals makes me a slow loser so be it I'm good with a year he also told me I had to lose to my goal in 6 months or I failed my sleeve and the rest is maint after lots of research I see that is untrue I'm wishing you best of luck! Can't wait to see before and after pics I'm not regretting the surgery but the stalls DO not help!