Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you lose the first 3-4 months? I want to be out of the 200+ Club by summer.

Hi I am curious what the average amount of weight loss is the first 3-4 months. Please include your starting weight as I think it is a major factor in how quickly you lose the excess weight. Thanks so much!!!

There is no average for you to compare yourself to. Plan on only a small amount to be lost and you will be happier. Focus on doing the daily things right and then you can sleep well knowing you did everything possible to lose the fat.

Right now I am averaging 3lbs a week loss. 15-20 lbs in the first month is fairly "normal" but it is not abnormal for some to only lose 10lbs. Mentally prepare yourself to be a slow loser. If you lose faster than a "slow" loser - Celebrate and enjoy it.

70 pounds by the end of 4 months!

I'd be happy with 10 lbs a month for sure!

I've pretty much been losing 10lbs a month, except for the first month, when I lost more (including one week of pre op)

I lost 23 lbs before my pre-op diet. I lost another 15 lbs during my 2 week pre-op diet. I have lost an additional 56 lbs since surgery. I was sleeved at the end of August 2013. My starting weight was 289.

6 months 71 lbs (pre-op diet and since surgery)

Starting weight 326 lbs as of today 285lbs. Surgery date was Dec 30. I'm so happy and please 85 lbs to go!!

Everyone loses at a different rate so it is hard to compare numbers of other people to yourself.

At 3 months I had lost 104. I started at 362 at surgery. I am now 10 months out and have lost 144 since surgery. I lost the majority of my weight in the first 3 months.

My numbers are in my siggy but basically my surgery weight was 262 and I lost 24 pounds the first month. I am 3 weeks into my 2nd month and so far have lost 11 pounds (could be more, I haven't weighed myself this week yet and I have another week to go before I know what my total weight loss is for the 2nd month).

Edited by Ree

My numbers and monthly losses are in my signature.

My numbers and monthly losses are in my signature.

Thanks Lorie! How did you get the monthly tracker about your ticker?? I want one? :D

I was 207 the day of my surgery Nov. 19th its almost been 3 months now..I have only lost 27 lbs since my surgery (10 before surgery)...but I have gone from a size 18 to a size 12 pants..& a 2X top to a L..I lost more inches than weight. I am a Fitness Pal freak..I measure everything & do everything right..I am just a slow loser..I went to my NUT & surgeon last week...they recommended me going from 900 calories to 1200 calories a day..I had a Metabolic Test done (which is just breathing into a machine) to rate what I should be doing, well that said I should be eating more calories & that my body was in a starvation mode (hmm). I am trying this new calorie change for a month to see if I can lose more weight..they did suggest that the more calories should come from Protein only..

I was 207 the day of my surgery Nov. 19th its almost been 3 months now..I have only lost 27 lbs since my surgery (10 before surgery)...but I have gone from a size 18 to a size 12 pants..& a 2X top to a L..I lost more inches than weight. I am a Fitness Pal freak..I measure everything & do everything right..I am just a slow loser..I went to my NUT & surgeon last week...they recommended me going from 900 calories to 1200 calories a day..I had a Metabolic Test done (which is just breathing into a machine) to rate what I should be doing, well that said I should be eating more calories & that my body was in a starvation mode (hmm). I am trying this new calorie change for a month to see if I can lose more weight..they did suggest that the more calories should come from Protein only..

my follow up appt was yesterday and I told the P.A that most ppl on here eat anywhere from 600-800 cals a day and she said... no good... maybe right out the gate but she said you should be working toward 1000-1200 cals cuz 600-800 calories puts you in starvation mode. That is probably what is happening. What is this breathing tool? I want to use it!

You have to have the test done at the drs office ..its call Metabolic Testing, you sit there for 10 minutes and breath regular into a tube..it calculates your metabulism..which I am a little higher normal, so I burn fast, which also gives you the amount of calories you should be eating...Yes I was in starvation mode..