Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couple recipe ideas

I haven’t tried these yet myself but I often surf this site looking for different recipe ideas to keep it new and interesting and tweak it to suit my needs.

Ok so first are these turkey meatloaf muffins/cups reading the comments underneath I see people replaced the couscous (which I don’t like anyway) with quinoa, I am not up on what that is so I looked it up!
Actually its pretty good whole grain and has a good Protein count in it.
So link to the recipe which you can season to taste of course and swap out the couscous
for quinoa.
recipes and I’m also linking them for alternatives like the quinoa for Breakfast instead of say porridge oats.
Did a side by side nutritional compare for both with a quantity of 1oz quinoa is lower in calories, fat, carbs.
Honestly no idea if its good as I haven’t tried it yet lol but linking anyway mushy stage and beyond people may like this as a alternative to other things.

2 different quinoa porridge ideas:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-Porridge/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=quinoa&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blueberry-Lemon-Breakfast-Quinoa/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=quinoa&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe

there is a bunch of ideas from sweet to savoury sides mains etc
I will be doing the muffins at the weekend when I shop for the ingredients! lol

I recently discovered quinoa as well. Had it the other night with spinach. Quite the tasty combination!

Thanks for sharing!

Quinoa is good but check out tips on cooking it, I found a couple of sites on Pintrest about it & it helped a lot. First time I made it I didn't know you were supposed to soak and rinse it to get a slightly bitter taste out of it. By 3rd try it came out great :).

I would like ppl to share their most favorite items they enjoy that is bariatric friendly> I have a few already. Here are mine...

1. Flax Seeds

2. Chia Seeds

3. Smooth Moves Tea (senna in it to aid with 'movements')

4. Organic Hemp Protein HI-FIBER powder by Nutiva (this stuff is frikken amazing)

5. Fage 0% fat Greek Yogurt (add to my Protein Powder shakes)

6. Royal instant Greek yogurt pudding (use only a tablespoon for added flavor and richness in my Protein shakes)

7. Spark Energy drinks from Advocare

8. Rehydrate gel from Advocare (perfect for us because I packs a lot of electrolytes in a gel form when you need to rehydrate but can't guzzle a ton of water)

9. MNS Max from Advocare (metabolic nutrition system which has advanced core nutrition, wellness, sustained energy release and appetite control).... took these pre op and will be taking again after I recover.

10. Sleepworks by Advocare (liquid herbal sleep aid... good stuff. Lavender/Spearmint flavored)

11. Just Good Stuff Peanut Butter (yummy but gas producing)

12. Anything wrapped in a tortilla... anything. LOL

13. Anything Indian. I have one of our docs teaching me how to cook more Indian cuisine b/c I simply LOOOOOOVE it!

14. Fage 2% yogurt w/honey

15. Activa yogurt... regular and greek

16. Happy Farms String cheese (Aldi's)

17. Carmelized Onion Hummus (Wegmans)

18. BabaGanouj and Tahziki

19. Wegmans Basting oil with garlic and herbs

20. Fig Flavored Balsamic Vinegar

21. Morning Star Black Bean Burgers (I need to learn how to make my own)

22. Brown Rice Pasta (delicious) not sure I can eat much of this

23. Cous Cous and Quinoa

24. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar

25. Cinnamon..... awesome in Protein shakes if adding spinach or kale (kills the bitter taste)

I will stop there cuz now I am thinking too hard. I hope other ppl share things they like b/c I definitely do not want to get bored with eating (highly unlikely) but I am interested in other good healthy nutritious finds.

Awesome veggies that if you don't eat... you are missing out.

Portobello Mushrooms

Bok Choy

Kale

Hot peppers (all kinds... really rev's up your metabolism)

i loveeeee Carmelized Onion Hummus loved it before and still now dont do plain hummus ever any more!

i am a massive fan of spinach and chinese cabbage I chop that up in everything stir fry, casseroles etc whatever a veg goes in I add it lol

pretty much any veg is good for me I recently found a lentil bean spinach curry recipe loveeddd it (we have all the spices to hand always in the cupboard so its easy to just make a curry if I find something I like lol)
so after the first time I then made enough to freeze 6 batches of it for the family half with lamb as it’s a earthy taste and half without.
I can link it too its off that site lol
Only I added red, green, brown lentils and I put whatever Beans I like din it always have tins of Beans and never just put one type in anything.
You can also add other veg if you like of course
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spinach-Red-Lentil-and-Bean-Curry/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

also like to make these sesame parmesan zucchini I de seed it as the seeds can be bitter a lot of the time and no one likes that
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sesame-Parmesan-Zucchini/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

made these and actually used them to eat the lentil curry with lol like a veggie cracker if you will broccoli parmesan fritters
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2012/06/broccoli-parmesan-fritters/

make this a lot too I tend to now make a massive batch again and bag it up and freeze it easy to digest and its good hot or cold in the lettuce
http://www.spoonforkbacon.com/2012/01/chicken-lettuce-wraps/

I made these but used roasted red pepper pesto instead though I like all 3 pestos my mother is not a fan of green normal pesto lol
I also egg washed them and planko coated them with some garlic and onion powder in the planko for flavour
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pesto-Cheesy-Chicken-Rolls/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

these are some of the things I like to do..

I i loveeeee Carmelized Onion Hummus loved it before and still now dont do plain hummus ever any more!

i am a massive fan of spinach and chinese cabbage I chop that up in everything stir fry, casseroles etc whatever a veg goes in I add it lol

pretty much any veg is good for me I recently found a lentil bean spinach curry recipe loveeddd it (we have all the spices to hand always in the cupboard so its easy to just make a curry if I find something I like lol)

so after the first time I then made enough to freeze 6 batches of it for the family half with lamb as it’s a earthy taste and half without.

I can link it too its off that site lol

Only I added red, green, brown lentils and I put whatever Beans I like din it always have tins of Beans and never just put one type in anything.

You can also add other veg if you like of course

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spinach-Red-Lentil-and-Bean-Curry/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

also like to make these sesame parmesan zucchini I de seed it as the seeds can be bitter a lot of the time and no one likes that

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sesame-Parmesan-Zucchini/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

made these and actually used them to eat the lentil curry with lol like a veggie cracker if you will broccoli parmesan fritters

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2012/06/broccoli-parmesan-fritters/

make this a lot too I tend to now make a massive batch again and bag it up and freeze it easy to digest and its good hot or cold in the lettuce

http://www.spoonforkbacon.com/2012/01/chicken-lettuce-wraps/

I made these but used roasted red pepper pesto instead though I like all 3 pestos my mother is not a fan of green normal pesto lol

I also egg washed them and planko coated them with some garlic and onion powder in the planko for flavour

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pesto-Cheesy-Chicken-Rolls/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

these are some of the things I like to do..

this is awesome! Thanks! There really is so much we can eat that is healthy and delicious! My problem was never that I ate bad foods .... it was always portion control! I am loving my sleeve. Definitely going to try some of these recipes. I make my own caramelized onion hummus now.

Do you eat tortillas much? I am wondering how my sleeve will tolerate those cuz I love to wrap everything!

I have made that red lentil soup! SOOOOOO GOOOD.

Edited by Belladonna723

I have eaten them not often and I go for brown whole wheat ones they are less omg blugh
I rarely do a carb with my meals but I have done like chicken veggie fajitas and that requires a wrap (well it doesn’t but yum! Lol)
I do peel away the access wrap from the top and the side though it takes abut a hour to eat sometimes a little more but I can eat 1.
Its real simple too all I do is marinade the chicken stripes in:
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
1 tbs cider vinegar
1tbs soy sauce
1 tsb chili powder
about a clove of minced garlic
a liberal shake of garlic powder and onion powder
about 2 tbs of lemon juice

the veg stripped red, orange, yellow pepper, thinly sliced red onion, spinach and of course shredded chinese cabbage that I just stir fry in chinese stir fry oil.
Switch out stir fry the chicken then you can add the normal sour cream etc if you want I have added stripped cucumber and cherry tomatoes for the hot and cold crunch mix.

Though I like to spread a thin layer of mayo on my wrap instead of sour cream.

Edited by sassypants

ok so i made the turkey veggie muffins!

see attached pic also did a sweet potato side but thats my mums plate and she didnt have them.

they taste pretty good i added alot of garlic and onion powder to my turkey for more flavour i also added carrot to the mix i meant to add spinach but i forgot lol

the salad dressing is lemon juice oil sugar dill mint garlic don;t ask me how much i just added a bit of this bit of that shook it all up poured it on put it in the fridge to marinade the flavour then strained it out so it wasn;t swamped in dressed put it back in the bowl to serve.

Very sleeve friendly I had no issue with them I ate 2 with no pain heavy breathing or oh god don’t puke feeling!

Ps I topped half with BBQ Sauce half with ketchup the bbq was miles better

post-162358-0-27810300-1392502905_thumb.jpg

Edited by sassypants

Super Chai pumpkin Seed Butter Muffins

1/4 Cup hemp hearts; 1/4 cup flax seeds; 1/2 cup of pecans; 2tbs PB2; 1/4 cup coconut dusted almonds; 1 teaspoon baking soda; 2 scoops Vega One Chai Latte Protein, 2 TBS of clear Fiber powder. Tsp stevia. Grind it all up. Mix 3 eggs, 1.5 cups pumpkin seed butter, 1 banana, 1 cup granny smith apple sauce. Mix it all together and muffin it up at 325 for 15 minutesish. At 14 muffins these things have 25 grams of Protein under 10 net carbs. They also have 423 calories which I need and tons of Vitamins and nutrients. Next time I might add zucchini and coconut flour.

I would like ppl to share their most favorite items they enjoy that is bariatric friendly> I have a few already. Here are mine...

1. Flax Seeds

2. Chia Seeds

3. Smooth Moves Tea (senna in it to aid with 'movements')

4. Organic Hemp Protein HI-FIBER Powder by Nutiva (this stuff is frikken amazing)

5. Fage 0% fat Greek Yogurt (add to my Protein Powder shakes)

6. Royal instant Greek yogurt pudding (use only a tablespoon for added flavor and richness in my Protein shakes)

7. Spark Energy drinks from Advocare

8. Rehydrate gel from Advocare (perfect for us because I packs a lot of electrolytes in a gel form when you need to rehydrate but can't guzzle a ton of water)

9. MNS Max from Advocare (metabolic nutrition system which has advanced core nutrition, wellness, sustained energy release and appetite control).... took these pre op and will be taking again after I recover.

10. Sleepworks by Advocare (liquid herbal sleep aid... good stuff. Lavender/Spearmint flavored)

11. Just Good Stuff Peanut Butter (yummy but gas producing)

12. Anything wrapped in a tortilla... anything. LOL

13. Anything Indian. I have one of our docs teaching me how to cook more Indian cuisine b/c I simply LOOOOOOVE it!

14. Fage 2% yogurt w/honey

15. Activa yogurt... regular and greek

16. Happy Farms String cheese (Aldi's)

17. Carmelized Onion Hummus (Wegmans)

18. BabaGanouj and Tahziki

19. Wegmans Basting oil with garlic and herbs

20. Fig Flavored Balsamic Vinegar

21. Morning Star Black Bean Burgers (I need to learn how to make my own)

22. Brown Rice Pasta (delicious) not sure I can eat much of this

23. Cous Cous and Quinoa

24. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar

25. Cinnamon..... awesome in protein shakes if adding spinach or kale (kills the bitter taste)

I will stop there cuz now I am thinking too hard. I hope other ppl share things they like b/c I definitely do not want to get bored with eating (highly unlikely) but I am interested in other good healthy nutritious finds.

Awesome veggies that if you don't eat... you are missing out.

Portobello Mushrooms

Bok Choy

Kale

Hot peppers (all kinds... really rev's up your metabolism)

I see you have tried Advocare. Did you do the 24 day challenge? I was thinking about buying the bundle. I am banded but only lost 48 lbs. since 11/9/12 and I have started to gain weight back. I was looking into the Advocare program because I know someone who has lost 70 lbs since January.......what.......4 months or so.

Any information would be great!! Thanks