Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did your surgery cost?

It's called "bottled water"

Wow why all the way to Texas.....are their no surgeons closer to you.....It makes me think if Mexico would be cheaper but then I think I can't drink the Water

If people can't drink the Water there, then what do they drink? :unsure:

Are you ready for my surgery cost? Wait for it.....Wait for it.....$94,197.85!! I paid (out of pocket) $250.....i only stayed 2 nights. That's some hotel!!! Gotta love California. Apparently not only is living here more expensive, so is surgery! WTF!!!!! And the only goodie bag I got when I left was gauze, tape and plastic cups to measure my food! Whatever! I hope my doctor enjoyed his vacation!

I am uninsured and self-pay, it was $14,500 for surgeon, anesthesia, hospital, and Blis coverage. The radiologist is separate and then all the miscellany of the procedure - Protein Shakes forever etc... But absolutely worth every penny.

Are you ready for my surgery cost? Wait for it.....Wait for it.....$94,197.85!! I paid (out of pocket) $250.....i only stayed 2 nights. That's some hotel!!! Gotta love California. Apparently not only is living here more expensive, so is surgery! WTF!!!!! And the only goodie bag I got when I left was gauze, tape and plastic cups to measure my food! Whatever! I hope my doctor enjoyed his vacation!

Cedars-Sinai? My hosp bill for 1 night was over $98k. My share was $1600 after insurance. I did like the private room tho. Looks like it included anesthesia too, which is good.

I paid about $500 out of pocket. Insurance paid $28,000

Cedars-Sinai? My hosp bill for 1 night was over $98k. My share was $1600 after insurance. I did like the private room tho. Looks like it included anesthesia too, which is good.

Hi, it was Alta Bates in Oakland. Yes, thankfully that total did include anesthesia! Wow that is a handful of money! You were at Cedars Sinai?

The bill for the two night stay, anesthesia, & surgeon said $32,000. I paid my out-of-pocket maximum of $1500 and about $250 co-pays for the physician supervised diet (supposed to be 6 months but dragged on for 10)! Blessed to have a good job and great insurance!

My $22,000.00 bill ended up being covered :)

Phewww <_<

took awhile, hard work and patience - but it was paid for, thats all that counts/counted

so sorry for you guys that will be paying loans et al for years to have had the surgery :(

the cost we go through to be healthy and happy and beautiful :)

but...............the sleeve is/was worth it!!!! :)

hopefully more insurances will come to their senses and cover alllll WLS

after all, they benefit too from us having WLS

they don't/won't have to pay so much money out for the rest of your/mine/our medical problems since our health will improve drastically!!!!

so..............whats their problem :wacko:

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I got my EOB today for my surgery that I had in December and the insurance company paid just over $15,000 for everything (my surgery, the hospital stay etc...) and if I didn't have insurance it would have cost me over $18,000. How much did I pay of the $15,000? well prior to my surgery I had already met my out of pocket max for the year so it cost me $0!!

Was your surgery covered? or was it all out of pocket? how much was your insurance company charged for the surgery (if your insurance covered the surgery)?

I was self pay.

My cost in June of 2010 was $12,500.

It hasn't really changed much since then.

I'm in the uk so no insurance to know the cost or pay anything it was done on the nhs all free for me.

how it works here is you are referred by your gp then you g to the doctors they do all kinds of assessments on you then apply for funding on a medical board if you are approved you then attend classes and groups and more tests given a date and bobs your uncle.

But here in the UK it really depends on what city you live in, right? I checked last year and loads of places only look at you if your BMI is over 50!!! My doc flat out refused to help me when I mentioned the idea of weight loss surgery. He said I am not fat enough and threw some diet pills at me. Also, I've heard it is a quite lenghty process...

So I decided to have it done in Hungary for $5500 plus travel cost (with 5 days hospital stay that is standard in Hungary).

Just under 20k out of pocket for me...includes my preop testing and labs, Vitamins for 3 mos & 2 nights hospital stay. Ouch! But worth it!

Wow I thought America was a modern progressive country those prices are a disgrace in Europe medical care is free including wls but it's a lengthy wait but even if u pay yourself it's 4grand

Where are you yummy mummy? WLS is nearly impossible to get on NHS - they keep on changing the rules. NICE says BMI of 40 but most Local authorities say BMI 50. In UK sleeve prices are £7000+, I went to Czech Rep and had to pay £4500. I even had to beg my GP to do the pre-op blood tests, she said I was not entitled. I did offer to go away and put on weight as my BMI was only 47 and then come back and ask for wls and go on the never ending list, she eventually gave in.

I saw the EOB from insurance for the hospital today. That portion was $24000. Surgeon was $5500.

Mine was $4500, plus 300 or so for a flight.