Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Hi,

I saw the nurse and dietician last night and I was reassured that I am having a good variety of foods and the calorie and Protein levels seem to be fine too. I haven't been measuring in cups and ozs though but grams so I don't think I am much help. However having converted I am having about the same as you are Zom, and that appeared to be ok. In fact if anything they seemed to feel that my weight loss was on the high side and I might be better if I increased my food a little if possible. I am 5 and a half weeks postsurgery and I have lost 31lbs. I don't know if that helps at all.

Kim you poor thing, I hope that everything is ok.

Take care

Claire

Has anyone else found anything they can no longer tolerate?

For me it's milk products. I can do cheese but no other milk products. I sure hope this is only temporary.

Hi everyone,

So I feel even worst on the inside. I feel like I am healing feeling better and getting more sleep and energy. But I am having a hard time finding a new bariatric surgeon to follow me ... because well surgeons don't want to take on other patients especially if they had a complication from that surgery which they presume I did with this portal vein blood clot. I am very depress I have advance to Soups and the surgeon who revised me wants me on soups for a month with good chewing.... so lost feel defeat felt like this was the worst thing I could of done. I feel like i should of left the band in and let it do its damage to me because frankly that seems a lot better than what the revision to bypass has brought me to. I do see dr for mental health ... but I cry all the time i can't stand to watch people eat and I feel like I am just going to get more complications. ... worth it to die from obesity or to die from the complications to reverse obesity ... I do not know what is the better choice now. I feel so horrible and resentful regret feelings to the max don't know what to do guys. Trying a teaching hospital 2 hours away because most likely they would be the ones to take me because i am a special case with complications and they want to teach new doctors blah blah blah ..... help support anything .. head hunger depression

Hi Sokoyoko,

I am so very sorry that you feel so bad. I can't imagine what you have had to go through to get to this stage. I don't know why people are reluctant to take you on because you have had a clot. Surely that is just terrible for you, but not your fault in any way. i can understand why you are feeling so depressed and desperate with all this going on. 4 weeks of Soup is no joke either and is very depressing in its own right. I can understand why you feel resentful and feel like you have made the worst decision in having this done. The lap band was obviously causing you problems and it doesn't sound as if it could have stayed in there. You made the decision for a reason but you didn't sign up to this. Try to stick with thinking about the reason why you made your decision to have this surgery and then try to think that you are just having a terrible time but that things will get better.

I am thinking of you, I really am, and I hope that you soon feel better/more positive and that someone agrees to take you on and look after you.

Take care

Claire

189!!!!!!! 30 pounds lost!! Woohoo!!

That is amazing Erin! Congrats! Won't be long now. :-)

Brilliant Erin,

Congratulations, you deserve it!

So...I am feeling a bit worried. Like maybe this didn't work on me?!? I mean, yes, I see the scale slowly moving down but...I am not like most of you. I have no sense of not hungry "I mean I do feel full easily for the most part, (I'm still on yogurt and cottage cheese) and I still can't do Protein Shakes so maybe that's why I'm hungry sooner??? I just am fearful that because I feel hunger and have no problems tolerating foods so far that maybe..it didn't work on me?? I'm probably being paranoid but...I know y'all understand worry. Maybe it's all just that nasty head hunger...

I am 3 weeks out and had terrible gnawing hunger all the time for the first 10 days. Now I'm on "pureed" food it's a bit better - I now recognize the feeling of "full" and the hunger sensation is starting to get less obtrusive - but it's still there. Hopefully it will diminish - feeling hungry was not what I signed up for.

I had surgery march 13, so just over a week ago, and I am with you! I still want to eat the other things people are eating around me and feel like I should be less hungry? I also feel like my stomach can hAndle anything, as I've had absolutely no nausea to divert me!! I'm doing well, but I fear failure in the Future because willpower really will need to come into play. I was told I wouldn't even want to eat after surgery. Well I do! Is this bad?

Does anyone still feel sharp pains if you drink too much too fast? I hate sipping all day! I have such a hard time drinking 48-64oz everyday. I just wish I could chug a glass of Water again!

Does anyone still feel sharp pains if you drink too much too fast? I hate sipping all day! I have such a hard time drinking 48-64oz everyday. I just wish I could chug a glass of Water again!

Yes I get very bad chest and abdominal pains if it drink to much or to fast. I seem to be taking way bigger sips than I did right after surgery but my body definitely tells me when I'm doing something wrong. I know what you mean I wish I could just chug a whole glass of something. I hate taking little sips especially when I'm super thirsty!