Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

From the time I had my first serious meeting with my PCP it took me the better part of 13 months to get my surgery. How long did it take you guys?

Just curious...

It took me 10 months. I just had mine done on the 25th so I'm still pretty new.

From the time I had my first serious meeting with my PCP it took me the better part of 13 months to get my surgery. How long did it take you guys?

Just curious...

I saw my PCP in July, and my surgery was Feb 7th

For those of you who can have eggs, a hard boiled egg mixed with 1 TBS of hummus is yummy! Just have to nibble and eat super slow.

For those of you who can have eggs, a hard boiled egg mixed with 1 TBS of hummus is yummy! Just have to nibble and eat super slow.

I like eggs, I love hummus - I've got to give this a try! Thanks! :-)

Just curious...

It took me about 10 months to get my surgery.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check in. I am a little over 3wks out and starting by puréed foods. It's interesting to read the difference of how everyone's doctors have been doing their recovery diets. Some are way advanced from mine... Anyways I am looking for more puréed food ideas. I have been doing eggs with cheese (12g Protein for 1/4 cup of food!), Beans with cheese, tofu, carrots and Popsicles but that about it. I looked on Pinterest and found a lot of great ideas but not so much for this stage, mainly after. I am a really picky eater and I'm trying to out grow that but it's more a mind block now... Help!!!

Thanks! :)

Fab, how about cottage cheese, yogurt and pureed vegetarian (I can't have meat yet) chili. Other more filling or substantial Soups? Some on here also do mashed potatoes. Also hummus is good. Good luck, hope this helps a bit!

OK eveyone, I just wanted to drop in and say hello. It has been a little bit since I posted. I had my RNY on 2/10. Everything went great except it started snowing the day that I was released to come home. I was doing a lot of walking in the hospital to help keep the pain away. I feel great and love the fact that I had this done because I am able to do a little more than what I was b4 I started the process.

I am on purred foods but really not finding anything that works really well for me. I can get all my fluids in the problem that I am having is getting the 60 grams of Protein in but I am about 40-50 grams. If anyone has any ideas please pass them my way. Sometimes I think that I wish I could have a fat burger with all fixings and some FF (LOL) but I have been doing good by staying on the plan. I really do not feel hungry to often and if I start having that feeling, I drink more Water and it goes away so I think it is more head hunger than stomach hunger.

When I started the process back in October of 2013 I weighed 289.6, day of the surgery I weighed 266.9 and when I went for my 2 week check up I was done to 257.8 so I am on that road to a heathier life with my family. I have joined the YMCA for my family and we are all working to have a better lifestyle.

Hope that everyone is doing great and welcome to all the Feb. people to the losers side.

<p>Fab, how about cottage cheese, yogurt and pureed vegetarian (I can't have meat yet) chili. Other more filling or substantial Soups? Some on here also do mashed potatoes. Also hummus is good. Good luck, hope this helps a bit!</p>

Kim,

Thanks for the reply! The vegetarian chili sounds great!! I can have meat just not red meat. I'm really weird about bleeding up my food so I have been doing everything I can to not have to do that. I need to try cottage cheese!! I just have such a big mental block on mushy foods (I don't like them because of the look and texture) that this has all been really hard.

FAB and ncbabygurl,

To add to suggestions from others... I have found the egg/cheese thing suggested on here very helpful. It wasn't puree which was a relief, is high in Protein and is very nice. I agree that pureeing things puts you off so yogurt and berries with frozen Protein Drink made with home made custard base, fruit milk shakes and thicker protein based Soups have been my staples. I have tried to have something more pureed once a day though. I have found having some potato to help the chicken/fish etc go down is helpful as is upping the taste with mustard/soy sauce/cheese/BBQ sauce as separate sauces or to increase the flavour has helped too.

I hope that helps a bit

Claire

I don't have anything of note to report. That's good news because it means I'm finding some balance. To be honest I spent a lot of the last few weeks in misery. Between head hunger, frustration. food habits and not being able to eat much of anything, I truly felt overwhelmed and a little defeated. It's been clicking in my head, though. Eat slowly. Small bites. Tiny, tiny portions. The lessons are being learned and I am doing ok! At work I drink my flavored water and eat mostly luquidy type stuff like yogurt and Soup. It saves me any embarrassment from not tolerating a food or eating too fast and getting sick. At home I try to have some variation of what I've cooked for my family. I have a few staples on hand that I enjoy in case that isn't a possibility. I don't do the Protein Shakes. I just hate them. I'm down almost 18 pounds. I'm not going to complain. I thought it would be more but I think it's still more progress than I would've made without this surgery. Some of my favorites are avocado (nnegrates fault), laughing cow cheese, a small egg cooked with a bit of cream cheese to add fluffiness, and Cambell's chicken noodle soup. I've been enjoying yogurt as well. I just take a different one every day. Today I tried a string cheese on my way home from work. I think it will be ok but I need to eat it sloooowwly. How are you guys?

Hi! My name is Elaine and I had surgery GB on February 4th and feel like my story and progress are the same as yours, princessErin! One question...when you have the chicken noodle soup..are you able to eat the noodles?

I can tolerate a few but any other type of Pasta makes me vomit immediately.

I usually just have the broth.

I am down 20 pounds in one month. I think I will post a picture.

I was able to buy a size 14 dress over the weekend and that made me feel good. I'm still disappointed that I haven't lost more, though.

Does anyone else have a mass/lump under the incision on the left side? I have one. It isn't painful unless I push down on it.

Erin, would love to see a picture. So exciting to buy a 14, that means you can shop anywhere! I do have a lump as well, it's scar tissue.

Just saying hi. My surgery was on 2/24 and I'm excited to meet all you wonderful feb losers ;)