Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hihi

Sorry im technically spazzing out...lol. hi! Im new here.

My name is Mary. I just had a question for all you pre and sleevers out there I ve been thinking about the sleeve alot and theres one thing that kind of irks me about it. That they cut away part of your stomach. I dont knowvwhat abou that triggers me but it makes me feel uncomfortable.

My therapist is having me write about it... like is it a piece of me I am losing?

I was just wondering if anyone had any simikar experience.. thanks for the feedback!

I'm very happy that part of my stomach was cut out. I've lost weight, and I'm loads healthier and happier too. Why are you freaking out about it?

Im not saying im freaking out. I guess once its gone its gone forever. I firgot to say im a revision patient. I had lapband before. I guess the fact that the grehlin will be lessened will be worth it.

For me, the thought of having a foreign object in me was way freakier than having stomach removed! Its probably the permanence of it that's getting to you. You can't just get that stomach replaced! So, nervousness is understandable. If it helps, you barely notice its gone...except the whole three bites and you're full thing. :)

I was so sick of being overweight. I have a 3 year old son and I had him at 40 and losing the weight at this age was nearly impossible. I didn't want my son to have an unhealthy mom who was fat AND old. LOL I need and want to be around for my son. I also want to wake up in the morning and not struggle with every piece of clothing because nothing fits properly. I am tired of being in hiding b/c I am embarrassed of my weight. The list goes on and on. I do not miss my stomach. I want to eat to live not live to eat. I think once you start approaching your goal weight you may start to change your mind. Give it some time and patience. Find something you enjoy to fill that void that is healthy. Be careful not to replace one bad habit with another. Transfer addictions are not uncommon amongst bariatric patients. Stay connected with this site and ask for support when needed. That is what it is here for. Hang in there.... I promise it will get better. Just because I do not have buyers remorse doesn't mean a lot of post op'ers do not share the same feelings you are experiencing. One day you will be able to enjoy most foods again.... by that time you will be thin and guaranteed happier and healthier. Best wishes.

That bothered me too and I can understand your feelings. I went ahead with the surgery because I thought it was the best choice and I can't say I miss that part of my stomach now. I'm glad I had the surgery because I believe that, in giving up part of my stomach, I have improved my overall health.

My excess stomach never did me any favors. It allowed me (with my help, of course) to over eat tremendously. It caused me to have constant hunger and cravings. It got me to 264 pounds and just below the diabetic line. Because of my weight, I was unable to do so many things, and I missed out on so many opportunities with my kids.

Five years ago, a lemon sized brain tumor was found in my noggin. It's estimated that it was growing there for about ten years. They cut that out because it was affecting me in a negative way. Six years ago my gall bladder was removed due to gall stones and severe pain.

I didn't hold on to any of these things because they were making me unhealthy. My stomach was no different. You would have a cancerous growth removed, I assume, or a sketchy mole. You would fix a bad heart or liver or joint. You would remove a tonsil or appendix if you had to. Why not part of your stomach if it would make you healthier?

Think about it.

Edited by LipstickLady