Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My last meal consisted of Mexican food, Guinness, Guinness and oh yea some Guinness. Did I mention the Guinness? St Patty's Day is coming....I miss Guinness on St Patty's Day but I am happier than any Rich, Drunken Leprechaun on either side of the pond.

I also had a very large hot fudge Sunday but I just don't remember when because of all the Guinness!!

I had no real pre-op diet. Just told to take it easy the day before and just liquids for dinner the night before. But, my surgery was the Monday following Thanksgiving, so I went out with a bang. We don't eat turkey for Thanksgiving, we have prime rib. I bought a prime, prime rib from costco and pigged out Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Sick of food by Sunday and ready for surgery on Monday.

After reading on here that rice can be tough after being banded, my last hurrah meal was going out for sushi ( and lots of it lol ) !

sushi is one of my favorite foods as well. if rice become a problem, eat sashimi instead. if it's really fresh, it's better without the rice anyway.

I've tried rice three times since being banded and all three times I got stuck and vomited. I've tried eating slow, chewing until the cows came home and even tried mixing in some sauce. Each time...stuck. It is one of the few foods I absolutely avoid because it isn't worth it.

I didn't have a last big meal. I was already so fooded out and miserable, and felt there was absolutely nothing that I could shove in that I hadn't already had. I was so ready for this surgery, and already felt the absolute worst I wanted to feel. But that is not to say that I don't understand the "last supper" mentality. I've certainly done it before starting other diets :D

Edited by mrsto

The hubby and I went through about 3 months of "last meal" thinking. We bickered often about not being able to eat certain foods. There is nothing we can't eat, we just eat much smaller amounts of it now.

There are some foods I "can't" eat and more because I just don't want to. I used to love McDonalds Breakfast in the morning. Sausage Egg McMuffin, then they came out with that on biscuits oh boy loved it. Today...when asked if I want to go there or have that...my answer is simply No. I might be hungry want/need to eat but I just don't want or need to have that. I am happy with my Protein bar and coffee in the morning. Or simple scrambled egg. If I want to splurge I have bacon.

Even when it comes to rice, it's not my first choice but if I want the taste of that spanish rice with my meal a fork full is usually enough for me.

If you want to have something pre-op go for it. I would not gorge myself, but enjoy the food. Eat what you like enjoy the texture, aroma and flavor of it. You will be doing that lots after banding and the liquid diet is not forever.

In a few weeks/months you will be able to eat those "favorites" again but you may find that you just don't want to.

I booked in October for a January surgery - had to work the surgery & recovery around my vacation schedule & Christmas.

I had a lot of last meals! :) Gained 6-8 lbs...

If I could go back and do it again, it would be a BIG plate of Pasta or a nice juicy (blue) steak - two things I cannot indulge in now.

I did not do this. It was my time to get ready for surgery and know I would never have to be eating like a pig any longer. I made up my mind once my surgery date was set that I was no longer going to indulge in a 3,000 calorie meal not even for the last meal

After reading on here that rice can be tough after being banded, my last hurrah meal was going out for sushi ( and lots of it lol ) !

sushi is one of my favorite foods as well. if rice become a problem, eat sashimi instead. if it's really fresh, it's better without the rice anyway.

It's good to know you can still eat sushi/sashimi! Sushi is one of my favorite foods! Eventually, (many months from now!) when I do go out for sushi again, I'll probably stick with mostly sashimi.

Guinness, Guinness Guinness. Did I mention the Guinness? ....I miss Guinness Guinness!!

Thanks Jim for reminding me how much I miss that dark nectar of the gods!!!

The couple months before I made up my mind to have the lap band, and then got my surgery date, I had basically given up on myself. Several personal problems and losses had occurred over the last few years, and was too exhausted to try anymore. I am embarrassed to say that I indulged in over a month of last meals, last Snacks, last binges, and it showed on the scale. I gained an extra 12 pounds! My eating was so out of control that when I had my blood work done 3 days before I started my pre-op diet my blood sugar was so high my doctor put me on Metformin immediately! It was definitely a defining moment for me. So, instead of going out for one more last meal, like I had planned, I fell asleep in my clothes right after I put my son to bed!

There's nothing wrong with going out and enjoying yourself one more time. You'll never eat like that again, and as several posters have already said, you'll never want to! Once you start your pre-op diet you will become a different person. :)

Now I need some sushi! Ggggrrrr

My last meal was a messy Five Guys burger (with eeeerthang!)

post-205836-0-74542500-1392061147_thumb.jpgKnowing my history, I will be opting out of the "Last Rites Meal." One of my biggest issues is allowing myself or someone else to justify my mistakes. If I do something 'one last time' it may not be the last time. I am one of those people who can resist anything but temptation. :) At this point, I just can't risk it. But I know a lot of people who have had one last indulgent meal and been just fine. A lot depends on you and your willpower. MY willpower is a timid little thing that is afraid to argue with me, even when I'm wrong.

Unfortunately eating was the last thing on my mind at the time I had my surgery. I had a hiatial hernia that progressively became worse which allowed me to bump my surgery up. So no, I didn't have a last big meal.